103 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for

• Donald Trump
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Gary Johnson
    • Evan McMullin
    • I'm not sure yet
    • I'm not voting
    • I live in the US but am not allowed to vote.
    • I don't live in the us
  2. 2. I'm not in the US, but IF I could vote in the US election I would vote for ..

• Donald Trump
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Gary Johnson
    • Evan McMullin
    • I'm Not sure yet
    • I would not vote
    • I live in the US

8 hours ago, warwagon said:

At least with Trump you know what you are getting. 

I think that should be Trumps new campaign slogan.

30495940841_b93308a164_c.jpg

We don't!

Trump is very unpredictable. Hillary is well Hillary but at least you know where she stands and what she will do every do. 

5 hours ago, warwagon said:

I'll give you that. He's not 100% honest.

But when both candidates open their mouth this is what I feel that i'm hearing

Trump : Truth, Truth, Truth, Truth, Truth, Lie, Truth, Truth, Lie, Lie, Truth, Truth, Truth, Truth, Lie, Lie, Truth

Hillery: Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Truth,Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, Lie, 

Citation?

Not one thing Trump said was true. All those endorsements were made up haha. 

Trump will say whatever and do whatever he wants at any given moment. At least Hillary has a platform and if you do not believe me you can go to both of their websites. Besides a wall I do not know what Trump will do or what his policies are. That scared me last spring and put me in the Hillary camp as much as I view her as another Nixon. 

7 hours ago, 0sit0 said:

That's not what I meant. I'm not voting for Hilary because she has better personality, I'm voting for her because of Trump's personality. When you say you like his personality and then say he's honest I just can't continue (I'm not saying Hilary is either), I just can't say Trump is honest :).

You should ask her staff and secret service agents about what kind of personality she has when she's not putting on a show.

Hint: she's not nice.

12 hours ago, neufuse said:

Note, actually @Tpreston but since I have him blocked I can't quote him directly. So I'm borrowing the quote from @neufuse.

Let me make this easy,

There is at least 1 supreme court nomination up for grabs with this election and probably more.

Do you want conservative supreme court justices (to repeal Abortion and Gay Marriage initially  etc)? Then vote for trump.

Otherwise vote Clinton.

Its the future of the supreme court that's at stake and the consequences will be felt for decades.

That is by any definition the most important thing about the election.

I'd call that one more reason to vote for Trump, then. One of the most appalling things I see in a lot of liberals is the attitude that only liberals should have a say in things. (And yes, there are conservatives with the same attitude.) As a middle-of-the-road conservative, I believe that both sides should be represented, have their say, and the best compromise that serves as many as possible found. I believe that a skewed representation serves nobody properly, not even the "preferred" side.

I don't want an ultra-liberal Supreme Court; nor do I want an ultra-conservative one. Neither would have the balance that is essential for the ultimate court in the land. A Supreme Court that is skewed too far in either direction will not do its job properly.

So thanks, @TPreston, for giving me yet another reason to vote Trump. :yes: We need to maintain a balance in the SC.

14 minutes ago, DConnell said:

I'd call that one more reason to vote for Trump, then. One of the most appalling things I see in a lot of liberals is the attitude that only liberals should have a say in things. (And yes, there are conservatives with the same attitude.) As a middle-of-the-road conservative, I believe that both sides should be represented, have their say, and the best compromise that serves as many as possible found. I believe that a skewed representation serves nobody properly, not even the "preferred" side.

I don't want an ultra-liberal Supreme Court; nor do I want an ultra-conservative one. Neither would have the balance that is essential for the ultimate court in the land. A Supreme Court that is skewed too far in either direction will not do its job properly.

So thanks, @TPreston, for giving me yet another reason to vote Trump. :yes: We need to maintain a balance in the SC.

I am an economic conservative and pro liberal with gay rights as I believe the government needs to bud out and leave people who are different alone.

I am supporting Clinton because I like freetrade and predictability and I worry if Trump's poor temperament if he can handle the job and if he is competent. Oddly, Clinton is where the republicans were today in freetrade and is more conservative than Trump.

I also respect women and understand their anger as the vast majority have experienced sexism or sexual harassment. 

8 hours ago, trag3dy said:

You should ask her staff and secret service agents about what kind of personality she has when she's not putting on a show.

While Trump, I've been told at least, has apparently written personal checks to the families of employees who have died to help them get through tough times and shown up with gifts for employees in the hospital, etc. (Not providing citations - I'm freely admitting this is hearsay on my part.)

If true, he may be bombastic, but he does seem to have a heart. Nothing I've seen of Hillary has managed to make her seem human to me.

9 hours ago, trag3dy said:

Was it on the news in China or Mexico? Can't seem to find it anywhere. Just asking because that's usually where his workers are at.

15 minutes ago, sinetheo said:

I am an economic conservative and pro liberal with gay rights as I believe the government needs to bud out and leave people who are different alone.

Strange as it may sound, the belief that government should stay out of people's lives is why I lean conservative. I find the liberal attitude tends to more invasive.

1 minute ago, DConnell said:

Strange as it may sound, the belief that government should stay out of people's lives is why I lean conservative. I find the liberal attitude tends to more invasive.

It does sound very strange. Considering conservatives want to force everyone to have their beliefs, and liberals usually just want people to do their own thing.  :|

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DConnell said:

As a gay man, I see that as completely false. There are plenty of legislative efforts to limit gays from doing the same things as straight people. The news dominated some of these efforts before the election cycle. Not to mention religious "freedom" groups put it on state ballots to block our marriages. It required a supreme court intervention. Leaving it up to states to decide provides a prime example of how conservative invasive attitude trumps my liberties to marry an adult of whom I want. Conservatives need to stay out of our lives, that is why I lean toward a liberal justice who doesn't let my rights get trounced on by conservative interference.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, trag3dy said:

She can be whatever she wants, but what scares be about Trump is that he can't handle 5 minutes discussing a topic without exploding. How is he going to do when he has to discuss topics with other country leaders? Diplomacy out the door!

30 minutes ago, 0sit0 said:

It does sound very strange. Considering conservatives want to force everyone to have their beliefs, and liberals usually just want people to do their own thing.  :|

In my experience at least, it's the reverse that's true - how many liberals attack those who disagree with their viewpoint, simply because they don't like it? And they act as if only their viewpoint has merit. (That's the primary reason I use my user block feature on Neowin, actually. Libs who can't discuss civilly.) I myself am a firm believer in the idea that I may not agree with you, but I'll defend to the last your right to your opinion and to live your life as you see fit.

The conservatives I know, while they may strongly believe in their views, also strongly believe that people have the right to live as they choose. Even when I'm on the opposite side of the argument (since I'm less conservative than some of my closest friends) they still respect my opinion.

I rarely see that from the liberals, and that includes the one I almost married. Too many liberals seem to have the idea that you can only respect an opinion you agree with. Anyone disagreeing with them is showing disrespect; anyone who doesn't agree with them does not deserve respect. (Not all, of course, but it seems the most vocal frequently have this attitude.)

And liberals want government in every aspect of life; conservatives usually just the minimum needed.

I'm sure this comes up loads, but to an outsider who I'm sure not one american gives a crap about my opinion, this election reminds me of the Simpsons

screen-shot-2012-01-13-at-11-55-34-am.pn

Hilary is a crook, Trump is a moron. Both of them lie through their teeth from what I have read and watched. I am glad I don't have a vote, but if I did I would be voting for Hilary because the democrats more line up with my beliefs as a party and the election is more than just voting for a president. 

I'm actually really surprised Trump is ahead in this poll. I always thought most people liked Hillary here. So does this poll reflect the closet Trump supporters everyone is talking about?

Just now, warwagon said:

I'm actually really surprised Trump is ahead in this poll. I always thought most people liked Hillary here. So does this poll reflect the closet Trump supporters everyone is talking about?

Let's hope this poll is representative of the country as a whole.

10 hours ago, warwagon said:

Keep in mind that "see results" is your vote. Some of us clicked it instead of an option. :)

8 minutes ago, Eric said:

Keep in mind that "see results" is your vote. Some of us clicked it instead of an option. :)

The see results counts as a Null vote, not my vote :) but those who clicked Trump or Clinton did so more for Trump!  :) 

Also, why not just vote, instead of clicking view results? I think I have options that would fit most people.

13 hours ago, DConnell said:

Libertarians my friend are the real conservatives. Republicans are liberals with invading woman's vaginas and bedrooms since merging with the religious right.

On 10/26/2016 at 6:53 AM, FiB3R said:

Given the chance, I would have voted for Bernie.

God bless us all. :|

For those states that allow write in's go ahead and vote for Bernie if you are wanting to. :)  It would be awesome if he was elected due to the write-ins or any other person not on the ballot.  I know that will not happen, but one can dream. :)

So nobody else is also tired of Families running for office? Out of the millions of people in the United States , we had a father and a son president, and a 2nd son trying. Now we are going for a husband and wife president. 

We really need to make a law that one president per immediate family.