Falcon 9: Echostar 23 (mission thread)

Here we go....

Delta IV WGS-9 will have no impact on Echostar 33's dates.

Static fire: Tuesday, March 7

Launch: March 12, 0034-0404 EST (0534-0804 GMT)

• Like 2

Because of the static fire moving right to Thursday, the Echostar 23 launch has moved to the 14th at 0134 AM EDT.

What's that you say? ULA's Delta IV WGS-9 is scheduled to launch later the same day? 

Yup. 

No word from ULA yet about WGS-9 moving. IF this holds and there are 2 launches on the same day, I guess some rules were made to be broken.

• Like 2

I guess that my assumption on consumables recovery was in error, if 2 can launch on same day....or would pad locations make a difference?

:s

MEDIA GUIDANCE FOR SPACEX’S ECHOSTAR XXIII LAUNCH

HAWTHORNE, Calif. – Mar. 9, 2017. Following today’s static fire test, SpaceX is targeting the launch of the EchoStar XXIII satellite from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at Kennedy Space Center in Florida on Tuesday, Mar. 14. The launch window opens at 1:34 a.m. EDT and closes at 4:04 a.m. EDT.

SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket will deliver the satellite to a Geostationary Transfer Orbit (GTO).

More details on the mission and pre-launch activities will be made available to credentialed media later this week. Updates will also be provided on SpaceX.com and through the company’s social media channels. Please note: the media credentialing period for EchoStar XXIII is closed.

• Like 1

Heh ... and here I thought they were gonna try a "marginal recovery attempt". Not this time, if they're running with the weight-saving measures. ;) Only thing left to strip down is the paint job, and even this one looks minimal.

• Like 1

This....is a "naked" launcher.../s

bits and bytes...

Hopefully, a gap will form for a good launch....:D

• Like 1

High upper level winds and a strong wind shear around 2,500 ft. Rangemeister said nope, not going there.  48 hour turnaround this time, so Thursday. Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel.