ever had that feeling

I've had that quite a few times when i was younger, never had it for a few years though, and now the idea suddenly arose to me: maybe all this around me isn't real, all these people are actors, this could be all a big setup or something, and there's no way I could know, it's a bit like the Matrix, except I'd be the only person alive, noone else, everything is a simulation...

if this is spam, close it. Just wondering, and it could make an interesting discussion.

I've had that quite a few times when i was younger, never had it for a few years though, and now the idea suddenly arose to me: maybe all this around me isn't real, all these people are actors, this could be all a big setup or something, and there's no way I could know, it's a bit like the Matrix, except I'd be the only person alive, noone else, everything is a simulation...

if this is spam, close it. Just wondering, and it could make an interesting discussion.

I felt like that or atleast had the feeling no one around is really who they are like they are actors last week lol, don't let it get to you for too long lol.

dane

you know how incredibly complex something like the matrix would be?.. i mean come on .. that couldnt be real..

"FREE YOUR MIND!"

or maybe its like the truman show.. where they watched him and stuff.. freaky

but that brings me to something else..

did they.. watch him ... like.. um..

nevermind i dont know where im going with this..

:D

yeah course it is i know that i just remembered that's all, and it's kinda... interesting. It would be paranoid though. And I know for a fact my gf's real :p

Hey yea', I've felt like that too. The only difference is that my version is a li'l different.

I feel that the whole world is under a large microscope or something, and that somebody or something is constantly watching us & studying our behaviour etc. :wacko: I also sometimes feel that this life is what I've already lived & that I'm actually an Old man or something , sitting back & thinking about my past life, those thoughts about the past, being the current life that I'm living. :unsure:

Me too. Except it feels like it's all just a dream instead of reality.

I think that's the problem with being "thinkers." Our minds are allowed to stray into places so unknown and undiscovered. Surely you've heard that we only use a very small portion of our brains (like 10% or something). Well, I think that feeling comes from one of those "other" places or parts that we don't use.

post-92-1074125500.gif

Yeah sometimes you think just like we have computer games, maybe one day we will have A.I that we will watch and observe but they will not know and they will just carry about in their existence completely oblivious that they were created just as we might be, there would be no way to know that we are not just someone else's game!!! hehe

Yep, every single day - then again, I'm a really paranoid person, so that really doesnt help !

Heh, Im just like you...paranoid everyday....dammit.

I get the feeling that everyone is just a actor all the time..

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I had that feeling a lot when I was younger. I still get it now, every once in awhile. I dont think I was 'mad,' just confused. :shifty:

I dunno if it is the same thing...

But sometimes when I start walking after sitting for a long time, I get a weird sorta rush to my head. For a split second I forget everything, and can't even think of my own name....then suddenly I remember my entire life in one hit, as though I'm relearning all my memories again... well, generally just my own name my age where I live and what I was just doing.

I tend to think of it as a reality slip....zoning out for a moment, etc.

when I was a child (and sometimes still) I used to think that the world was generated by my perception, only the things I was seeing at that momwent existed while the things at my back and in other places dont untill I turned myself to see them