Neowin Members' Digital Gallery 2017

James7

Welcome to the Neowin photo gallery! Here you can post your pictures and discuss your photography techniques.

Please be mindful of our members on dial-up and try to keep the dimensions of the pics and the size of the files to a respectable size for 1024 x 768 viewers. Please refrain from quoting images in your replies.

I will also ask that you link to images on your own space, as much as possible.

Try to put more details from your camera settings (EXIF) and also talk about what you have done with Photoshop (or similar).
There are a lot of photographers here that like your editing skills and would like to learn more.

The previous thread can be found here.

Posting your photos is made easier thanks to a member contribution! Argote created a Flickr to IPB webapp, thanks! [direct link to app

You can find the Neowin Flickr group here.

Draconian Guppy

Alright guys, lets get this thread going,

An amateur firework shot,  but considering it was at ISO Speed - 12800, id say it turned out decentish

32153992356_c14f83a0d2_k.jpg

• Like 3
TAZMINATOR
1 minute ago, Draconian Guppy said:

Alright guys, lets get this thread going,

An amateur firework shot,  but considering it was at ISO Speed - 12800, id say it turned out decentish

snipped

Not bad.  If it was me, I'd use bulb mode (or long exposure).   That reminded me of the pictures I did back in July a few years ago.

• Like 1
Draconian Guppy
27 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

@Draconian Guppy

Here what I did years ago:

SHOZILLA00001.jpg

Looks like fire came out of back of drag car, does it? :)

Cool! awesomesauce, you should definitely shoot more taz!!! get to it and posting of course.

• Like 1
TAZMINATOR
1 minute ago, Draconian Guppy said:

Cool! awesomesauce, you should definitely shoot more taz!!! get to it and posting of course.

I am trying to. I have plans in 2 weeks and I will have camera with me.  If it's too cold, I am not going. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
dipsylalapo

31577646303_6e58333fb1_h.jpg

31577646773_e51bf45e58_h.jpg

32238263402_f9d6d59c5f_h.jpg

A few that I took near the office during my lunch break.

• Like 2
Draconian Guppy
On 18/1/2017 at 11:12 AM, dipsylalapo said:

31577646773_e51bf45e58_h.jpg

A few that I took near the office during my lunch break.

I like the contrast between the red and the green!

• Like 3
Dot Matrix

Abandoned Rochester Subway...

30698980894_77ac35efdf_z.jpg

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...
+warwagon

Parents forest today.

Taken on my LG G3

32984908912_89fcf1e4ed_c.jpg

• Like 5
+jnelsoninjax

Still have snow?! Damn, I'm liking Florida more and more! :D But I grew up in Oregon and lived there for 20+ years so I am well aware of what snow is, and I do miss it, sometimes! :laugh:

+warwagon
1 minute ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Still have snow?! Damn, I'm liking Florida more and more! :D But I grew up in Oregon and lived there for 20+ years so I am well aware of what snow is, and I do miss it, sometimes! :laugh:

If I never saw snow ever again, I would not miss it.

+jnelsoninjax
3 minutes ago, warwagon said:

If I never saw snow ever again, I would not miss it.

Move to Florida... :D

Dot Matrix

Abandoned Rochester Subway...

Captured using the forced HDR on Windows Camera/L950.

33089544231_486f7c0130_z.jpg

• Like 4
+jnelsoninjax

@Dot Matrix, that is a really nice picture there! Do you find allot of abandoned locations in the NY area?

• Like 2
Dot Matrix
Just now, jnelsoninjax said:

@Dot Matrix, that is a really nice picture there! Do you find allot of abandoned locations in the NY area?

Thank you! Yes, there were quite a couple abandoned spots in and around Rochester, but they've been slowly demolished over the past 4 years. The above tunnel was just recently sealed off. There was an abandoned sanitarium nearby me as well, that was leveled for a Costco. Wish I could have gotten pics of that before it was removed. :(

• Like 1
TAZMINATOR
1 minute ago, Dot Matrix said:

Thank you! Yes, there were quite a couple abandoned spots in and around Rochester, but they've been slowly demolished over the past 4 years. The above tunnel was just recently sealed off. There was an abandoned sanitarium nearby me as well, that was leveled for a Costco. Wish I could have gotten pics of that before it was removed. :(

There is an abandoned sanatorium in my town.  I went there before the owners bought the property,  They are slowly restoring it.   Maybe someday, I go there to take some pictures during the day.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Draconian Guppy
On 5/3/2017 at 3:31 PM, TAZMINATOR said:

There is an abandoned sanatorium in my town.  I went there before the owners bought the property,  They are slowly restoring it.   Maybe someday, I go there to take some pictures during the day.

pics or it didn't happen.

• Like 1
Draconian Guppy

slightly recent, taken with LG G3 that was a brutally scratched lens, hence the blurriness, but I love this pic, you can tell the animal is happy and so Is the dog... I mean :huh:

OYIhJxZ.jpg

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...
+warwagon

LG G3

32988387643_96da54b449_c.jpg

• Like 2
TAZMINATOR
1 minute ago, warwagon said:

LG G3

32988387643_96da54b449_c.jpg

RV?   Yours?  Nice shot.

• Like 1
+warwagon
52 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

RV?   Yours?  Nice shot.

My parents, my Mom was washing the Windows with Vinegar, Dishshop and Water :). The Photo was taken at their farm this morning.

Draconian Guppy
On 9/4/2017 at 9:26 AM, o0moonman0o said:

and it is nice to see guppy still here :D

33120947133_60ca639b2e_b.jpgL1017206 by Ricky Cheong Photography, on Flickr

The man! The myth! The bokeh legend!!!!!!!!!!!!! ze man on the moon aka Moonman aka ricky and a father once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sup!!!

• Like 1
o0moonman0o
On 10/04/2017 at 3:05 PM, Draconian Guppy said:

The man! The myth! The bokeh legend!!!!!!!!!!!!! ze man on the moon aka Moonman aka ricky and a father once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sup!!!

looks like guppy you are the only one still around! :p yes yes thank you! :p here is the newest addition :D

33776414622_ee870a8117_b.jpgL1017205 by Ricky Cheong Photography, on Flickr

• Like 1
  • Andrew locked and unpinned this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By eRajesh
      Samsung announces 50MP ISOCELL GN2 camera sensor with Dual Pixel Pro
      by Rajesh Pandey

Samsung today announced its latest ISOCELL camera sensor, the ISOCELL GN2. This 50MP camera sensor features large 1.4um-sized pixels and comes with a number of new features including Dual Pixel Pro, staggered HDR, Smart ISO Pro, and more. This is the second iteration of the 50MP ISOCELL GN1 sensor from Samsung that made its debut last year.

Measuring 1/1.12-inch, the 50MP ISOCELL GN2 sensor can use pixel binning technology in low-light scenarios to mimic the performance of 2.8um large pixels and absorb more light to capture more details. The sensor also offers an option to capture images in 100Mp resolution by using a technology in which the color pixels are re-arranged using a re-mosaic algorithm.

The GN2 is also Samsung's first camera sensor to feature Dual Pixel Pro that uses one hundred million phase detecting agents for ultra-fast autofocus speeds. It also offers all-direction focusing as it splits the pixels vertically as well as horizontally. This helps in low-light focusing as well..

Another notable feature of the sensor is Smart ISO Pro which "uses an intra-scene dual conversion gain (iDCG) solution, takes readouts from both high and low ISO to instantly create high dynamic range images with less motion-artifacts." The ISOCELL GN2 sensor is capable of recording 1080p videos at 480fps and 4K videos at 120fps.

Samsung says the 50MP ISOCELL GN2 sensor is already in mass production, though it does not mention when it will make its debut in consumer smartphones.

• By News Staff
      Pay What You Want for the Photography Bundle Assets
      by Steven Parker

Today's highlighted deal comes via our Online Courses section of the Neowin Deals store, where you can Pay What You Want for the Photography Bundle Assets. Create a stunning website for your blog or business with beautiful photos of food, nature, people, city life and more.

What's the deal?
      With the Pay What You Want bundles, you can get something incredible for as little as you want to pay. And if you beat the average price, you’ll receive the fully upgraded bundle! Included in this Pay What You Want deal, are the following courses:

Pay What You Want (as little as $1) for the following course:

People Bundle
      Incorporate the Beauty of Human Life to Your Website with 8 Photos of People

Beat the average price to get the following courses as well:

Food & Drinks Bundle
      Use High-Quality Photos of Luscious Foods for Your Food Website/Blog

Nature & Animals Bundle
      Use Over 24 High-Resolution Photos of Nature & Animals to Design Your Website

Things Bundle
      Add Random Surprises to Your Website with These 14 High-Resolution Photos of Things

Urban Transport Bundle
      Give Your Website the Metropolitan Touch with These Photos of Urban Transportation & Scenes

Good to know
      Max number of devices: 99 Length of time users can access this course: lifetime Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase Here's the deal:
      The bundle represents an overall retail value of $305 But you can Pay What You Want for the unlocked courses (as little as $1) Beat the average price and you'll take home the entire bundle. Qualify for the giveaway!
      Beat the Leader's price and get entered into the epic giveaway—plus get featured on the leaderboard!

Pay What You Want for the Photography Bundle Assets
      See other Pay What You Want deals. This is a time-limited offer that ends soon.
      Get $1 credit for every $25 spent · Give $10, Get $10 · 10% off for first-time buyers.

Not for you?
      That's OK, there are other deals on offer you can check out here.

Home Gym Giveaway | Ultimate Gaming Giveaway (feat. PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X) Ivacy VPN - 5 year subscription for just $1 per month NordVPN - 2 year subscription at up to 68% off Private Internet Access VPN - subscriptions at up to 71% off Unlocator VPN or SmartDNS - unblock Geoblock with 7-day free trial Neowin Store for our preferred partners. Subscribe to Neowin - for $14 a year, or $28 a year for Ad-Free experience Disable Sponsored posts · Neowin Deals · Free eBooks · Neowin Store

Disclosure: This is a StackCommerce deal or giveaway in partnership with Neowin; an account at StackCommerce is required to participate in any deals or giveaways. For a full description of StackCommerce's privacy guidelines, go here. Neowin benefits from shared revenue of each sale made through our branded deals site, and it all goes toward the running costs.

• By News Staff
      Save 97% off this Cooking and Baking Master Class Bundle
      by Steven Parker

Today's highlighted deal comes via our Online Courses section of the Neowin Deals store, where you can save 97% off this Cooking and Baking Master Class Bundle. Elevate your culinary skills and become an excellent chef with 12 hours of content on artisan baking, vegan cooking and food photography.

This deal consists of the following courses:

Sourdough Cooking Essentials: The Artisan Baking Course
      From Baking Sourdough Pizzas to Pastas & Even Artisan Burgers — The Ideal Cooking Class Essential Beginner Baking Course: Artisan Pastry & Desserts
      Learn How To Bake Brownies & Tart Pastries To Cinnamon Rolls at Home Achieve Sourdough Baking Mastery: Artisan Bread & Pastry
      Explore the Incredible World of Sourdough Baking Superfood Nutrition: 60+ Best Foods For Health & Longevity
      The Healthiest Foods To Boost Your Diet For Faster Weight Loss, Muscle Building & More Quick & Easy Vegan Cooking
      Learn How to Cook Healthy, Plant-Based Meals from Vegan Recipe Developer Nikki Vranjican Truly Beautiful Food Photography: My Exciting Master Class
      Finally Capture the Personality of Your Food Creations Pizza Making: Bake The Best Sourdough Pizza At Home
      Professional Chef Tim Cunningham Teaches You Pizza Making at Home Good to know
      Certification of completion included Updates included Length of time users can access this course: lifetime Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase For a full description, specs, and instructor info, click here.

Here's the deal:
      This Cooking and Baking Master Class Bundle normally costs* $1,400, but you can pick it up for just $29.99 for a limited time - that represents a saving of $1,370.01 (97%) off.

Get this deal, or learn more about it
      See all discounted Online Courses. This is a time-limited offer.
      Get $1 credit for every $25 spent · Give $10, Get $10 · 10% off for first-time buyers.

Not for you?

Home Gym Giveaway | Ultimate Gaming Giveaway (feat. PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X) Ivacy VPN - 5 year subscription for just $1 per month NordVPN - 2 year subscription at up to 68% off Private Internet Access VPN - subscriptions at up to 71% off Unlocator VPN or SmartDNS - unblock Geoblock with 7-day free trial Neowin Store for our preferred partners. Subscribe to Neowin - for $14 a year, or $28 a year for Ad-Free experience Disable Sponsored posts · Neowin Deals · Free eBooks · Neowin Store

Disclosure: This is a StackCommerce deal or giveaway in partnership with Neowin; an account at StackCommerce is required to participate in any deals or giveaways. For a full description of StackCommerce's privacy guidelines, go here. Neowin benefits from shared revenue of each sale made through our branded deals site, and it all goes toward the running costs.

• By News Staff
      Save up to 20% off Motorola FOCUS89 Full HD Wi-Fi indoor cameras
      by Steven Parker

Today's highlighted deal comes via our Gear + Gadgets section of the Neowin Deals store, where, you can save up to 20% off Motorola FOCUS89 Full HD Wi-Fi Indoor Cameras. Stay productive wherever you go with this 9.7" iPad Air's 10-hour battery life, fast A8X chip, and Wi-Fi connectivity.

The Motorola FOCUS89-W is a full HD (1080p) Wi-Fi® indoor camera with 360° pan so you can monitor an entire area of your home straight from your compatible smartphone or tablet. It has a privacy mode which you can turn on when you are not at home or don't need to monitor your house. The night vision feature is used to monitor your home in the dark, while its true color filter oversees lowly lit areas. Save video history on a microSD card that supports up to 32GB or store it in the cloud, so you can go back and replay old footage.

360° Pan. Monitor your the entire area of your home Full HD Camera. View high-quality images & videos Privacy Mode. Turn on when you're not at home or doesn't need to monitor your house Night Vision. Monitor your home even in the dark True Color Filter. Oversee lowly lit areas High-Sensitivity Microphone & Speaker. Have a quick chat with loved ones Real-Time Alerts. Receiver alerts for sound & motion detections via Hubble App Specs
      Color: black Materials: lithium ion battery, micro-SD card Dimensions: 4.1"H x 2.9"L x 2.7"W Camera: 1080p full HD Pan: 360° Wide angle: 90° Privacy mode Night vision True color filter High-sensitivity microphone & speaker Real-time alerts Compatibility: Amazon Alex & Google Assistant App: Hubble Connected™ (iOS or Android) Manufacturer's 1-year warranty Good to know
      MicroSD card NOT included Ships To United States Expected Delivery: Feb 3 - Feb 6 All sales final For a full description, specs, and terms, click here.

Here's the deal:
      For example a Motorola FOCUS89 Full HD Wi-Fi indoor camera normally costs $49, but you can pick it up for just $42.95 for a limited time - that represents a saving of $6.05 (14%) off!

There's also a 2-pack option available at 20% off here.

>> Click here to purchase, or learn more about it <<
      See all discounted Gear + Gadgets on offer. This is a time-limited deal.

Not for you?

• By Usama Jawad96
      Microsoft is also offering refunds for Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox, but won't delist it
      by Usama Jawad

Earlier today, we learned that Sony has completely removed Cyberpunk 2077 from the PlayStation Store and is offering full refunds to anyone who purchased the game from the digital storefront. While at that time, CD Projekt Red President Adam Kicinski stated the company is not engaged in any such discussions with Microsoft, it appears that the situation has changed since then.

Microsoft has now announced that it is offering full refunds to people who purchased Cyberpunk 2077 digitally from the Microsoft Store. However, the company won't be delisting the game from its storefront.

This move differs from Sony which delisted Cyberpunk 2077 altogether, as people who choose to play the game in its current state on Xbox consoles can still do so. In a Twitter thread, Microsoft's Xbox Support account had the following to say regarding the decision:

While this was likely a joint decision rather than one driven solely by Microsoft, it further adds to the woes of CD Projekt Red which is facing criticism for the messy launch of its highly anticipated title Cyberpunk 2077 and the state it is currently in - especially on last-gen consoles. As a result, the company's stock price has plummetted in the past few days as well. Although the firm has vowed to release patches early next year to improve the experience, it remains to be seen how successful it will be in this endeavor. If you would like to request a refund for the game on Xbox, Microsoft recommends that you visit its guide here.