Window Washer clone, but faster

Hi everyone,

I wrote an app a while ago to clean my IE History, Cache, Temp files, application MRUs. This was after trying to use Window Washer, but found it took minutes to load and run. So I wrote "Crap Cleaner", which opens in less than a second and cleans in a similarly small amount of time. Also it's completely customisable through INI files.

It's freeware, has an installer, etc. and would like other people to get some use out of it. Unfortunately I don't have any host to upload it to. So I can email it to someone, and they could post it somewhere (its just over 1MB). Any offers? Or I can email it to you if you're interested in using it in the meantime.

I've added more info at the following URL:

http://ccleaner.jump.to/

Let me know

Cheers

post-33-1079526874.gif

Edited by bigdog

Wow pretty cool, how about making it a Neowin branded software, and open the code to the community here? Just a thought. :D

That'd be pretty darned nifty.

I liked the layout of the software even though I'd never use it myself. This is batch file stuff :)

:) Glad you like it. I did originally did do this in a batch file, but found it far faster in a compiled language.

If you look at the two INI files in the install directory you'll notice you can customise it very easily for any new software, etc.

Nice Program.

Perhaps you can just offer the program in a zip file without a installer?

I would, although it relies on a few DLLs, which some people might not have, so I thought I'd avoid the people complaining about errors by building an installer.

If more people just want the files then I can do a Zip and just list the requirements.

nice exactly what i am lookg for can you make a startup option it should clean at startup (can it show all specs of computer?)

Glad you all like it. :)

I should be able to add a "Run at startup" checkbox.

In the meantime if you create a shortcut to it in your startup folder and use the "/AUTO" parameter. Then it'll autorun for you.

With regards to specs, what sort of specs were you thinking of?