Window Washer clone, but faster

To take it at face value without testing it against the very program you say it's better than is unprofressional.

It's a shame you don't like the software, but luckily most people here seemed to.
Jeez.. It's a damn FREE program. If you want to buy Window Washer, have a blast. This guy is just being nice and trying to give someone a free program. Who knows if he is planning on adding additional features to it or not

When you say something is a CLONE of another program but faster you better be able to back it up..free or otherwise.

WHY are you giving people a false sence of efficiency when you have NEVER tested it against Window washer?

WHY would people consider this great software when in fact it isn't? It's exactly what it is. A nice start to an unfinished piece of work. Nothing more.

Unless you prove otherwise, it isn't remotely close to being a clone of Window washer.

I stand by what I said. It's faster becouse it isn't as efficient.

Granted it could become a great piece of software but at this point it isn't. I'm sorry, but someone has to get your head out of the clouds. With critisism comes a better product. I cannot justify saying something is better when it isn't.

Cudos to you for creating this in the first place. It is an accomplishment for sure. I'm just not sure it deserves the praise it has been getting. And just becouse it's free doesn't make it better.

To take it at face value without testing it against the very program you say it's better than is unprofressional.

When you say something is a CLONE of another program but faster you better be able to back it up..free or otherwise.

WHY are you giving people a false sence of efficiency when you have NEVER tested it against Window washer?

WHY would people consider this great software when in fact it isn't? It's exactly what it is. A nice start to an unfinished piece of work. Nothing more.

Unless you prove otherwise, it isn't remotely close to being a clone of Window washer.

I stand by what I said. It's faster becouse it isn't as efficient.

As I said before, it's a shame you don't like it. If you have any more suggestions then please post them.

As I said before, it's a shame you don't like it. If you have any more suggestions then please post them.

If you've been following anything hes been saying over in General Discussion, you won't get a decent answer out of him.

If you've been following anything hes been saying over in General Discussion, you won't get a decent answer out of him

What does that mean? I've already said what it doesn't have in it compared to Window Washer (which is what HE is comparing it to)

That's more than any of you idots have said about it other than "golly gee wiz, it sure is fast".

Don't expect praise in a thread labled "windows washer clone only faster" when it is a far, far cry from being a clone of Window Washer.

Edited by notsobetter

How about making CrapCleaner OpenSource (and maybe call it OpenCrapCleaner :p).. That way the development of CCleaner can catch up to Anti-Spyware programs, features can be coded in like Remote Crap Cleaning over a network that you just wouldn't have time to code yourself and libraries of crap/more options of what to do with the crap once it's found can be made by anyone and sent back to you.

And if it's opensource, you can get some hosting on SourceForge and they will supply all your website and hosting of the program that you need, as well as message boards, bug tracking system, and source control systems

Think about it, CCleaner could soon be the tool of choice for Sysadmins everywhere to maintain their networks :)

How about making CrapCleaner OpenSource (and maybe call it OpenCrapCleaner :p).. That way the development of CCleaner can catch up to Anti-Spyware programs, features can be coded in like Remote Crap Cleaning over a network that you just wouldn't have time to code yourself and libraries of crap/more options of what to do with the crap once it's found can be made by anyone and sent back to you.

And if it's opensource, you can get some hosting on SourceForge and they will supply all your website and hosting of the program that you need, as well as message boards, bug tracking system, and source control systems

Think about it, CCleaner could soon be the tool of choice for Sysadmins everywhere to maintain their networks :)

Open Source and Neowin? branded. ;);):woot:t:

Interesting idea. It's definitely an option for some time in the future.

What if you could make it clear the SSL State and the AutoComplete Lists Forms and Passwords or does it already do this?

It should already do Autocomplete stuff, although I don't have the source infront of me, so will check this evening.

Can you provide any more info on what you mean by SSL state?

Very Very nice App !!

Could you please make that a standalone executable with dlls builtin ? (if thats even possible) cuz that would be just awesome.

I'm having a look at reducing the dependencies, so it can be distributed with and without an installer.

Although I doubt I could get it down to just a single EXE. But will try :)

To SYNTHETIC: I had a look and the autocomplete stuff isn't in there, so will add it to the next version.

Can you provide any more info on what you mean by SSL state?

ummmmmmm I don't really know what it is but I know I use it, it can be found in Internet Explorer under Tools-Internet Options-Content-Clear SSL State, it's in an area called Certificates. I hope this helps you to understand what I'am talking about. And this thing might not even be important but I always use it for some reson. :)

• 2 weeks later...
good things to add

thankx i use this program all the time

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look in to these. Somehow I think the swap file can't be cleaned as it'll always be in use by the system.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick note to say v1.06 will be uploaded today at some point.

It adds most of what people have been requesting, along with support for XP styling,

additional registry scans and reduced file sizes.

Let me know what you think! :D

Download at http://ccleaner.jump.to

v1.06.048

- Added cancel button to scanning for issues.

- Fixed minor bug with Recycle Bin.

- Fixed Issue list refresh issue on resizing.

- Prevented crashing if you try to exit whilst scanning.

- Fixed registry file reference bug where file lacked an extension.

- Added more registry class scanning.

- Added Windows XP style settings.

- Minor tweaks and optimisations.

- Added hide warning messages option.

- Removed some of the file dependencies, thus shrinking file sizes.

- Added Obselete software reg key cleaning.

- Added Chkdsk File Fragments cleaning.

- Added Memory Dump cleaning.

I just downloaded and installed this great program, and I must say that my PC was just about to get a fresh WindowsXP install.

I ran CCleaner and let it do it's work, rebooted and I have found that my PC is now running like it has just had Windows reinstalled.

I will recommend this program to all my friends.

Keep up the good work.

P.S. I have just one suggestion. How about an option to select all issues it finds in the registry scan?

It is a bit of a pain having to select each one when it finds over 300 issues. ;)

I just downloaded and installed this great program, and I must say that my PC was just about to get a fresh WindowsXP install.

I ran CCleaner and let it do it's work, rebooted and I have found that my PC is now running like it has just had Windows reinstalled.

I will recommend this program to all my friends.

Keep up the good work.

P.S. I have just one suggestion. How about an option to select all issues it finds in the registry scan?

It is a bit of a pain having to select each one when it finds over 300 issues. ;)

Glad you like it.

If you right-click on the issues list you can select all. Maybe I should make it more obvious :)

Just a quick question do i have to unistall the previous version of ccleaner, then install the new version.

Or can i just install the new version over the previous version.