Window Washer clone, but faster

Awesome little app, Avant Browser does most of the internet stuff for me and I have XP to not remember MRU files or any type of history anyhow but the ability to save cookies is a welcome feature. Now I can clean out my cookies and not have to log back into neowin and the others I visit. Thanks man.

Cool, looking forward to it.

btw, after cleaning using ccleaner, my index.dat should be recreated when my computer restarts right? so it shouldn't contain anything but what i do after reboot. but i just notice that i can still c my histories, and urls using a program called "index.dat viewer" which views data in index.dat (duh~)

even after i used ccleaner.

but i haven't given it a careful investigation.. i only noticed just then, now i am gonna go to sleep.

if ur interested u can have a try with that viewer and ur ccleaner.

oh, and ccleaner would be so cool if it has registry cleaning as well ^_^

Cool, looking forward to it.

btw, after cleaning using ccleaner, my index.dat should be recreated when my computer restarts right? so it shouldn't contain anything but what i do after reboot. but i just notice that i can still c my histories, and urls using a program called "index.dat viewer" which views data in index.dat (duh~)

even after i used ccleaner.

but i haven't given it a careful investigation.. i only noticed just then, now i am gonna go to sleep.

if ur interested u can have a try with that viewer and ur ccleaner.

oh, and ccleaner would be so cool if it has registry cleaning as well ^_^

Hmmm.... strange I'll look into it.

Hi all,

Not that I listen too much to what people ask for. ;)

But if anyone is interested in beta testing a new version of Crap Cleaner that includes a Registry cleaner as well. Then please send me your email address.

Note: I'm really only looking for people with a very good knowledge of the registry, so those who know what keys can be deleted and which ones can't.

Also this beta build won't screw up your machine as the registry cleaner doesn't actually delete anything yet, it just lists the issues.

Just to let you know I've released version 1.03, which has a new Registry Cleaner and a few bug fixes. You can download it from the usual site:

http://ccleaner.jump.to/

There's also a new XP installer which is only 500kb.

Changes are as follows:

v1.03.041

- Added Help File Cleaning.

- Added Application Path Cleaning.

- Added Font Cleaning.

- Added Open with Application Cleaning.

- Added Invalid File Extension cleaning.

- Added ActiveX and COM issue cleaning.

- Added Missing Shared DLLs cleaning.

- Minor bug fixes and INI file tweaking.

- Added new registry issue searching tab.

- Fixed bug where saved cookies would be deleted.

- Added website link.

Let me know what you think! :D

This is getting better as it goes, soon it'll replace my installtion of MRU-Blaster and jv16's. Will I be able to add keys to be deleted?

Users:

Does the registry cleaner have any drawback? I don't wanna mess with a registry cleaner unless it's really bug free or else the results would be ...

This is getting better as it goes, soon it'll replace my installtion of MRU-Blaster and jv16's. Will I be able to add keys to be deleted?

Users:

Does the registry cleaner have any drawback? I don't wanna mess with a registry cleaner unless it's really bug free or else the results would be ...

You can add your own keys by editing the ini files within the application directory. Feel free to send me any new application data to clean and I'll add it to the next version.

There's currently no documentation for editing this, but anyone with a good understanding on Windows and the Registry should be able to cope. :)

The registry cleaner is fully tested under most versions of Windows (98/ME/NT4/2k/XP/2K3) and is designed to scan specific areas, thus it's unable to remove critical keys that could crash windows.

As always any editing of the registry has small risks, and you should really know what you're removing before fixing issues.

BTW: Just uploaded to a new version which adds an optional right-click clean to the Recycle Bin.

I add this

[Customize Notifications Cache]

Section=Windows Explorer

Warning=System tray cache will be reset, Explorer needs to be restarted.

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify\IconStreams

RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify\PastIconsStream

but the key isn't cleared, is there anything wrong?

I add this

[Customize Notifications Cache]

Section=Windows Explorer

Warning=System tray cache will be reset, Explorer needs to be restarted.

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify\IconStreams

RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify\PastIconsStream

but the key isn't cleared, is there anything wrong?

Because you're deleting values rather than keys you need to do ...\TrayNotify|IconStreams and ...\TrayNotify|PastIconsStream

I'll add this to the next version as well.

Thanks! Is there anyway to invoke a restart in Explorer?

The only way I know of is to close down the process explorer.exe in Task Manager. And then restart it under the Applications tab -> New Task...

Although this can cause issues with some tray icons not reappearing.

A new version should be out shortly, so if anyone has any more additions or suggestions then please post them :happy:

Another 1000 downloads from my site. You created one hell of a popular program bigdog.

Perhaps someone could point me in the direction of a PHP script that counts downloads.

What about settings which allow it to run on shutdown for example, this could be done by creating a bat file of the desired locations which need to be cleaned and automatically adding it to the shutdown files. That could be good.

Nice app.

What about settings which allow it to run on shutdown for example, this could be done by creating a bat file of the desired locations which need to be cleaned and automatically adding it to the shutdown files. That could be good.

Nice app.

Unfortunately to get a windows program to run, reliably, on shut-down, it needs to be running from boot. As the only event run on shutdown is a global message which tells all the open windows/processes to shutdown.

Although I'm still looking into it.

To Matt: I'm amazed it's so popular, the counter on the website has gone up several hundred times in the last few hours. :D