3 Questions You’re Never Supposed To Ask After A Terrorist Attack


 Share

Recommended Posts

Rippleman
7 minutes ago, Fahim S. said:

spreading misinformation about my faith.

Please know that I respect you as a person and I mean no disrespect, but the key words here are "my faith". Yours is different from country to country, from sect to sect, from hadith to hadith, from mosque to mosque, from Imam to Imam, from person to person etc etc.

 

Example: ISIS says YOU are not a Muslim. Who is correct? You both are following certain rules and not following other rules. Christians do this too.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Shiranui
3 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

Please know that I respect you as a person and I mean no disrespect, but the key words here are "my faith". Yours is different from country to country, from sect to sect, from hadith to hadith, from mosque to mosque, from Imam to Imam, from person to person etc etc.

 

Example: ISIS says YOU are not a Muslim. Who is correct? You both are following certain rules and not following other rules. Christians do this too.

That's basically what I couldn't be bothered to type. :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

oldtimefighter
51 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

You seem to not understand what i was saying. It's ok.

You are correct... Nonsense can't be truly understood.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rippleman
Just now, oldtimefighter said:

You are correct... Nonsense can't be understood.

If someone didn't understand it, I see how it could seem like nonsense. May I ask, what do you think I said?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim K
1 hour ago, Rippleman said:

There is a solution, but many wouldn't want to accept it since it deals in their mythology as the deterrent. If I was a dictator of a country, I would mandate a law where by if any Muslim commits a terrorist action resulting in death to anyone, they are to be immediately put to death (if they didn't die in the apprehension). After death, they are wrapped heavily in pig skin carcasses soaked in pigs blood, and wrapped in weather proof rubberized coating, denied burial rights according to Islam, and buried in a Jewish burial ground. But, hey, that's just me. I have a feeling Muslim based terrorist attacks would drop to zero in that fictional country. Live peaceful or don't live at all.

Question...

 

What about the Jews?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rippleman
13 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Question...

 

What about the Jews?

Although traditionally in the past, it hasn't been practiced, more and more Jewish cemeteries are allowing non-Jewish to be buried in their grounds. Reasons being interfaith couples, non Jewish family members, etc. This was all hypothetical fantasy. If not buried in a Jewish cemetery, so be it - then not buried at all... keep above ground.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim K
6 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

Although traditionally in the past, it hasn't been practiced, more and more Jewish cemeteries are allowing non-Jewish to be buried in their grounds. Reasons being interfaith couples, non Jewish family members, etc. This was all hypothetical fantasy. If not buried in a Jewish cemetery, so be it - then not buried at all... keep above ground.

Right ... but you're talking about it being a dumping ground for terrorist.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rippleman
2 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Right ... but you're talking about it being a dumping ground for terrorist.

 

9 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

If not buried in a Jewish cemetery, so be it - then not buried at all... keep above ground.

metal boxes... 

in the end, the point is NOT being buried according to Muslim protocol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim K
8 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

If not buried in a Jewish cemetery, so be it - then not buried at all... keep above ground.

Yes ... I saw that.  I was addressing the first part of your response ("Jewish cemeteries are allowing non-Jewish to be buried") and your original post.  Not the ... "oh, I didn't think this through" retraction above.  

 

Oh well, as oldtimefighter pointed out ... your original dictatorship utopia post was nonsense anyway.  I would have chuckled if not for the immoral desecration part ... 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rippleman
1 minute ago, Jim K said:

Yes ... I saw that.  I was addressing the first part of your response ("Jewish cemeteries are allowing non-Jewish to be buried") and your original post.  Not your ... "oh, I didn't think this through" retraction above.  

 

Oh well, as oldtimefighter pointed out ... your original dictatorship utopia post was nonsense anyway.  I almost chuckled if not for the immoral desecration part ... 

I agree to the Jewish part with not thinking it through, it wasn't meant to be desecration based to the Jews, it was based again on "NOT being buried according to Muslim protocol." It was a fictional way on how to stop Muslim based terrorism. Don't like it? Too bad. Don't agree? Too bad. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

eemm
6 hours ago, mudslag said:

Who exactly are we not supposed to ask?

Yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

+Mirumir
6 hours ago, norseman said:

I wonder why the terrorists are always killed? Even if they're just wielding knives. Wouldn't they be more useful alive?

Or, how they always seem to take their IDs with them when going on their final mission. A burned passport, which the authorities claim belonged to a suicide-bomber, is usually found at the scene.

Link to post
Share on other sites

mudslag
19 minutes ago, emk810 said:

Yourself.

 

 Seems awfully silly to ask yourself questions you're not supposed to ask yourself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

eemm
34 minutes ago, mudslag said:

 

 Seems awfully silly to ask yourself questions you're not supposed to ask yourself. 

george_carlin.thumb.jpg.88991c3146a1dedfa1201325908cac20.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

+Dick Montage
7 hours ago, Rippleman said:

There is a solution, but many wouldn't want to accept it since it deals in their mythology as the deterrent. If I was a dictator of a country, I would mandate a law where by if any Muslim commits a terrorist action resulting in death to anyone, they are to be immediately put to death (if they didn't die in the apprehension). After death, they are wrapped heavily in pig skin carcasses soaked in pigs blood, and wrapped in weather proof rubberized coating, denied burial rights according to Islam, and buried in a Jewish burial ground. But, hey, that's just me. I have a feeling Muslim based terrorist attacks would drop to zero in that fictional country. Live peaceful or don't live at all.

You actually believe they are doing this in the name of Islam?  That's a front.  They are doing it to cause fear and anger - nothing more nothing less.  It's not "Us vs Islam", it's "Those who seek to integrate vs those who seek to disrupt integration".

 

They don't give a rat's ass about Islam, western values or such.

17 minutes ago, emk810 said:

george_carlin.thumb.jpg.88991c3146a1dedfa1201325908cac20.jpg

Stoner comedians don't want fans to question what they say, they want obedient consumers to post their memes and buy their tickets.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Brys
6 hours ago, Fahim S. said:

The point was, they aren't following Islam at all. The fundamentals of the faith are plain and incredibly simple. Anyone who doesn't follow these fundamentals can't be Muslim. It may sound simplistic but it genuinely is that simple. 

Thank you for your intervention, it was refreshing.

I'm more or less an atheist but I can't stand people who are just arguing against religion (any religion) without understanding it, or claiming it is fundamentally evil, especially since so many of these are misinformed about religion or mistake some extremists for a normal representation of a religion.

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

eemm
2 hours ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

Stoner comedians don't want fans to question what they say, they want obedient consumers to post their memes and buy their tickets.

“Children should be taught to question everything. To question everything they read, everything they hear.. children should be taught to question authority. Parents never teach children to question authority. Because parents are authority figures themselves and they don’t wanna undermine their own ###### inside the household. So they stroke the kid and the kid strokes them, and they all stroke each other and they all grow up all ######ed up and then come to shows like this.” -George Carlin

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

+Dick Montage
14 minutes ago, emk810 said:

“Children should be taught to question everything. To question everything they read, everything they hear.. children should be taught to question authority. Parents never teach children to question authority. Because parents are authority figures themselves and they don’t wanna undermine their own ###### inside the household. So they stroke the kid and the kid strokes them, and they all stroke each other and they all grow up all ######ed up and then come to shows like this.” -George Carlin

 

You are till quoting the same stoner comedian's tired old act as if he is actually saying anything worthwhile within a real world context?  Sorry, if your argument is posting memes or quotes from a fictional perspective presented as light-entertainment I really question the validity of your argument.

 

Carlin was a great comedian and I find him genuinely funny, he told great stories and invented great examples that patronised his audience into feeling elite and yet also undermined by society at the same time - and he did so with an air of "So here's the thing I'm not supposed to say, what the establishment doesn't want you to hear".  So, sorry but where's the relevance here?  It's all fairy tales designed to sell tickets to his shows.

 

Or am I not meant to question that?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

eemm
4 minutes ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

You are till quoting the same stoner comedian's tired old act as if he is actually saying anything worthwhile within a real world context?  Sorry, if your argument is posting memes or quotes from a fictional perspective presented as light-entertainment I really question the validity of your argument.

 

Carlin was a great comedian and I find him genuinely funny, he told great stories and invented great examples that patronised his audience into feeling elite and yet also undermined by society at the same time - and he did so with an air of "So here's the thing I'm not supposed to say, what the establishment doesn't want you to hear".  So, sorry but where's the relevance here?  It's all fairy tales designed to sell tickets to his shows.

 

Or am I not meant to question that?

 

 

Just wanted to point out that Carlin wants himself to be questioned.

Link to post
Share on other sites

+Dick Montage
14 minutes ago, emk810 said:

Just wanted to point out that Carlin wants himself to be questioned.

Let me try another way:

 

It's an act he devised within a story he invented where he plays a character

Link to post
Share on other sites

floopydoodle
11 hours ago, Fahim S. said:

You need to read more. And stop believing the BS that you have been fed that martyrdom results in a free pass to heaven. It doesn't. 

 

No Muslim goes to heaven when they die. There is a day of reckoning that will happen first. The taint of killing an innocent (in Islam it's the equivalent of murdering the whole of humanity, and carries one of the worst punishments) is far worse than the taint of pigs blood and an improper burial.

Either you're ignorant or just performing taqiyya.

 

[5:32]
"For this reason did We prescribe to the children of Israel that whoever slays a soul, unless it be for manslaughter or for mischief in the land, it is as though he slew all men; and whoever keeps it alive, it is as though he kept alive all men; and certainly Our messengers came to them with clear arguments, but even after that many of them certainly act extravagantly in the land."

 

This refers to the jews only. It is not applicable to muslims.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

+Fahim S.
11 minutes ago, floopydoodle said:

Either you're ignorant or just performing taqiyya.

 

[5:32]
"For this reason did We prescribe to the children of Israel that whoever slays a soul, unless it be for manslaughter or for mischief in the land, it is as though he slew all men; and whoever keeps it alive, it is as though he kept alive all men; and certainly Our messengers came to them with clear arguments, but even after that many of them certainly act extravagantly in the land."

 

This refers to the jews only. It is not applicable to muslims.

 

You call me ignorant, yet quote a single verse without any context because you can flip the meaning.  This verse is in the context of the story of Cain and Abel.

 

According to Islamic teaching, the 'children of Israel' were Muslim.  They became Jews when they deviated from the true faith.  Same applies to Christians (Muslims when they followed the true faith taught by Jesus, Christians when they deviated). Therefore this means it was prescribed to all Muslims i.e. true believers whether in the time of Moses, Jesus, or Mohammed.

 

This is not the place to have this debate, but if you feel I am wrong then PM me with a strong argument and proper context.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rippleman
6 hours ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

You actually believe they are doing this in the name of Islam?

 

Without Islam, do you think they would be doing it?

 

6 hours ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

It's not "Us vs Islam",

I agree

 

6 hours ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

They don't give a rat's ass about Islam, western values or such.

Again, is it you who decides who is and is not interpreting Islam correctly? How have you made the determination that you get to decide who is and who isn't a Muslim based on interpretation? Do you decide who is a true christian? A true hindu? A true brit? A true Scotsman? A true neowin? You can not decide just as they can't decide for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rippleman
2 hours ago, Fahim S. said:

they deviated from the true faith.

Another question popped up in my mind that I wanted to ask based on your other answer.

 

Serious question and please don't dodge it (not claiming you will, just a note): Do you feel the London bridge terrorists should be buried with full Muslim burial traditions, rights and rituals?

Link to post
Share on other sites

+Fahim S.
2 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

Serious question and please don't dodge it (not claiming you will, just a note): Do you feel the London bridge terrorists should be buried with full Muslim burial traditions, rights and rituals?

That is for their families to decide, not me.  I really don't know what my answer would be in their shoes, I don't think you can without actually being there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.