E3 2017 Gamers' Hangout Discussion

E3.thumb.png.1eeb6d097fc453a640e4611e018b1376.png

What is E3 2017?

E3 2017 is the latest exhibition of the Electronic Entertainment Expo, a major event in the gaming industry that has been going on for more than 20 years. Video game professionals from all over the world gather in Los Angeles to share announcements about their respective businesses, all while offering expo goers the chance to play unreleased games. This is the first year that E3 will officially be open to the public, moving it closer to consumer-oriented expositions like PAX.

When is E3 2017?

E3 officially begins at noon PDT / 8 pm BST on Tuesday, June 13, at which point the showfloor will open at the Los Angeles Convention Center. That's more like the halfway point, though. External E3 events will begin on Saturday and roll all the way up to the morning of the conference itself. The show will close at 5 pm on Thursday, June 15.

Source

Conference Times

Saturday, June 10

EA: 12 pm PDT / 8 pm BST on Saturday, June 10

Sunday, June 11
Bethesda: 9 pm PDT on Sunday, June 11 / 5 am BST on Monday, June 12

Monday, June 12

PC Gaming Show: 10 am PDT / 6 pm BST on Monday, June 12
Ubisoft: 1 pm PDT / 9 pm BST on Monday, June 12

Where can I watch?

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/

https://gaming.youtube.com/e3

http://www.ign.com/events/e3

https://www.twitch.tv/event/E3

Exhibition List

Full list available via IGN

What was shown at EA?

• A Way Out - new IP from Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons developer Josef Fares
  • Anthem - new Bioware IP, more info to be announced at MS conference
  • Battlefield 1 DLC - night maps releasing in June, In the Name of the Tsar expansion announced
  • FIFA 18
  • Madden 18
  • NBA Live 18
  • Need for Speed Payback
  • Star Wars Battlefront II - free DLC for everyone, early access beta for pre-orders and 3x content of SWBF1

What was shown at Bethesda?

• Doom VFR
  • Fallout 4 VR
  • The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind
  • The Evil Within 2
  • The Elder Scrolls Skyrim releasing on Switch with Zelda items via Amiibo
  • Creation Club
  • The Elder Scrolls Legends
  • Quake Champions
  • Dishonored 2 Death of the Outsider
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

What was shown at PC Gaming Show?

XCOM 2 is getting a massive new expansion

Age of Empires Definitive Edition will deliver 4K graphics and other updates

Total War: Warhammer 2 will have four factions, hits Sept. 28

BattleTech’s single-player campaign gets some facetime

PlayerUnknown’s Battleground is getting climbing, vaulting, weather

Ylands

Klei Entertainment showed off their next game, Griftlands

Lawbreakers gets two more betas, release date and price

Tunic

Middle-earth: Shadow of War gets Altariel DLC campaign

Killing Floor 2 gets Summer Sideshow content

What was shown at Ubisoft?

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Assassin's Creed Origins

The Crew 2

South Park: The Fractured but Whole

Transference

Skull & Bones

South Park: Phone Destroyer

Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Steep: Road to the Olympics expansion

Far Cry 5

Beyond Good & Evil 2

This EA show is painful to watch, i wish I could fast forward live video. :p

i wonder which idiots will pre-order far cry 5...talk about milking a franchise that has zero to do with the far cry series, other than it's name, wish they'd stop soiling the name and pick something else like generic open world fps 5. ubi are ruining my gaming memories like dice did to battlefield.

This star wars battlefront 2 bit is way long, the game does look good though but I'm just not interested in these games.  Good to see EA actually has some new IP this time.

A way out looks good, but I just hate games that force co-op on you.  I get it though, it should be a good gameplay experience to share, I just don't have the time with my busy schedule, to try and match up with a friend to try and get through this.

So looks like Bethesda was all about the sequels with a toe in VR.

I didn't stay up for Bethesda seeing as we knew what was coming. I really think they should save themselves the money and only do a show if they have a new TES or Fallout to announce.

Either way, I'm looking forward to Wolf 2 and Quake Champions is great fun. Looking forward to playing the 3 new maps of the latter in the new beta update.

• Like 1

I'll be getting Wolf 2 for sure, loved the first, but not a pre-order or day 1 for me, I'll get it a bit later when it's on sale.

So, with Beyond good and evil 2, did Ubisoft just win E3 this time?  Is that what it's come down to?

On 6/11/2017 at 6:19 AM, George P said:

A way out looks good, but I just hate games that force co-op on you.  I get it though, it should be a good gameplay experience to share, I just don't have the time with my busy schedule, to try and match up with a friend to try and get through this.

I hadn't even heard of it til just now.  Anthem is interesting and X1X is awesome but I guess I'm just too busy with my existing games to get too into E3.

I haven't been interested in a Far Cry game since FC2, but Ubi's demo of 5 has really piqued my interest. I think taking the game out of the jungle/island setting has really contributed to that too. Looking forward to seeing more for sure.

I hope South Park TFBW keeps it's release date this time. Either it does, or they quit talking about it until it's ready. That said, the game looks great in the recent trailers.

Mario + XCOM Rabbids looked pretty fun too! I hope it has a lot of depth to it, although that may be wishful thinking & I doubt it'll be on par with XCOM, seeing as it is Mario after all.

And yeah, Space Munky Program BG&E2 looked amazing. The humour and writing were spot on :yes: It was great to see such emotion from Michel too - it has been a long time coming!

Loved the updates coming to PUBG from PC Gamer Show - I can't wait to see how the new movements change the gun play and camping. I hope they keep this development pace too, as it's pretty amazing what they have achieved in just 1 month since EA started. The new biodome map and the time of day settings sounds great, but I'd really love to see a night and/or snow map :yes: Either way my friends and I are hooked on this game.

• Like 1

I watched the Ubi, Sony and MS conferences over the last few days. Still need to catch up with EA one, but so far with Beyond Good and Evil 2, Ubi for me has been the most interesting. 

As much as I love new IP, the sequels that they showed all looked spot on, AC, FC and BG&E. 

11 hours ago, George P said:

So, with Beyond good and evil 2, did Ubisoft just win E3 this time?  Is that what it's come down to?

Hah maybe, but they failed because they didn't have Gabrielle Union presenting ;)

I'll probably be getting BG&E2 for sure, but I still would have liked to see some gameplay.

Ubisoft was good, but unless you like BG&E it was par for the course for them, IMO.

I really wanted to see another Rayman using that beautiful UbiArt Framework engine, and a new entry in the Splinter Cell series (especially now that MGS is dead).

14 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Ubisoft was good, but unless you like BG&E it was par for the course for them, IMO.

I really wanted to see another Rayman using that beautiful UbiArt Framework engine, and a new entry in the Splinter Cell series (especially now that MGS is dead).

I'd kill for another splinter cell but I guess they think it's no longer a big seller or something?  A true, chaos theory type, splinter cell game is what I really want.

I've only been following the live tweets of each conference so far, but I just watched Devolver Digital's conference, and it's probably the greatest one I've ever witnessed...

30 minutes ago, George P said:

I'd kill for another splinter cell but I guess they think it's no longer a big seller or something?  A true, chaos theory type, splinter cell game is what I really want.

I think the SC team is working on the franchise for The Division now.

1 minute ago, dwLostCat said:

Shame, because I'll probably never bother with the division at this point so, meh.

8 minutes ago, dwLostCat said:

Massive Entertainment developed The Division and I suspect are working on the sequel.

Ubisoft Montreal, Shanghai and Toronto have traditionally developed and shared development duties on Splinter Cell. All 3 are working / collaborating on Far Cry 5, but I doubt it is taking the full workforce of all 3 studios to complete it. Esp seeing as Shanghai is Ubisoft's 2nd largest studio alone (or at least was if not still is).

25 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Massive Entertainment developed The Division and I suspect are working on the sequel.

Ubisoft Montreal, Shanghai and Toronto have traditionally developed and shared development duties on Splinter Cell. All 3 are working / collaborating on Far Cry 5, but I doubt it is taking the full workforce of all 3 studios to complete it. Esp seeing as Shanghai is Ubisoft's 2nd largest studio alone (or at least was if not still is).

Shanghai at least helped with Division from everything I know.  You obviously know more than I do about what they're doing now but I don't think Ubisoft is going after Splinter Cell anymore.  It seemed to be at a bit of an evolutionary dead end (and it didn't sound like the sales on the last one were amazing either.)

18 minutes ago, dwLostCat said:

Shanghai at least helped with Division from everything I know.  You obviously know more than I do about what they're doing now but I don't think Ubisoft is going after Splinter Cell anymore.  It seemed to be at a bit of an evolutionary dead end (and it didn't sound like the sales on the last one were amazing either.)

While I liked the last one, they took it too far from it's core roots that it turned some fans away.   Personally I like the faster/smoother movements compared to how slow you could move in the original 3, at the same time though I wish they added back more of the sneaking/stealth parts they took out from chaos theory.  For example, the lock picking minigame bit.  The gadgets that helped you scope out the area and so on.  There's also the fact that some levels don't allow you to just sneak past and fully stealth them, you're forced to take out someone.

I really need a good stealth game, some developer has to do it, for now I guess I'll just pick up dishonored 2 and go with that.

• DrunknMunky unpinned this topic