E3 2017 Microsoft Press Conference Discussion

wakjak

So far all I've seen are Sequel/Sequel/Sequel.. here's hoping for some new IP soon

dipsylalapo
1 minute ago, wakjak said:

So far all I've seen are Sequel/Sequel/Sequel.. here's hoping for some new IP soon

Give them time :p:p only seen 3 out of 42 but yeah bring on the new IPs

George P
1 minute ago, wakjak said:

Sequels keep selling so they're always going to be around.

George P

Battlegrounds up next.

wakjak

An original game that looks really cool "Deep Rock"

wakjak

I really hope State of Decay 2 is in very early alpha... that animation and framerate are garbage...

wakjak

The Darwin Project looks like a cool twist on Overwatch.

• Like 1
George P

Time for some minecraft.

wakjak

DBZ: Fighter. Or DB Fighter Z... either way, looks like a 2.5D Fighter ala SF4/5, MK.

Looks like Black Desert coming to console.

The Last Night looks interesting.

I wonder how long they're "Exclusive" to Xbox? Just launch window?

CodeVein looks cool.

Edited by wakjak
dipsylalapo
7 minutes ago, wakjak said:

I wonder how long they're "Exclusive" to Xbox? Just launch window?

6-12 months? They seem to have a lot of Launch Exclusives and not many Exclusives. 

Getting annoyed hearing the Exclusive man

wakjak
1 minute ago, dipsylalapo said:

6-12 months? They seem to have a lot of Launch Exclusives and not many Exclusives. 

Getting annoyed hearing the Exclusive man

Sea of Thieves looks pretty cool.. nice for an exclusive.. might have to get it on Windows 10

• Like 2
MikeChipshop
4 minutes ago, wakjak said:

Sea of Thieves looks pretty cool.. nice for an exclusive.. might have to get it on Windows 10

The Alpha is a loooott of fun.

• Like 1
dipsylalapo

Crackdown looks to be a One X launch title . No sign of the cloud ;) or that awesome looking destruction

• Like 1
wakjak

World Premiere of the second Life is Strange game.. or prequel

MikeChipshop
5 minutes ago, wakjak said:

World Premiere of the second Life is Strange game.. or prequel

My stream must be well delayed, I'm only just getting that now.

George P

Shadow of War demo time.

wakjak
1 minute ago, MikeChipshop said:

My stream must be well delayed, I'm only just getting that now.

seems that way lol.. now it's shadow of war... I'm waiting for the wow factor or a holy crap type moment/game.. maybe im expecting too much... although.. Crackdown finally coming and not being cancelled is nice.

George P

New Ori sequel

dipsylalapo
3 minutes ago, wakjak said:

seems that way lol.. now it's shadow of war... I'm waiting for the wow factor or a holy crap type moment/game.. maybe im expecting too much... although.. Crackdown finally coming and not being cancelled is nice.

There's still time to delay :p

I'm like you, I'm not sure if my expectations are higher or video games just don't excite me the way that they used too, but I'm not being blown away by anything. 

Still no word on price

• Like 1
wakjak

Xbox 360 and Original Xbox Backwards compatibility now.

George P

Original Xbox games coming to BC!

MikeChipshop
4 minutes ago, George P said:

New Ori sequel

That's me happy. Amazing looks, amazing sounds and huge play-ability. 

George P

$499 is the official price.

MikeChipshop
4 minutes ago, George P said:

$499 is the official price.

I'll eat my hat then. I was absolutely certain it'd be a premium price way over and above $499. Day one buy along with a new TV.

• Like 1
  • Andrew unpinned this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rich Woods
      Microsoft updates its timeline on the Surface Hub Windows 10 Team rollout
      by Rich Woods

Microsoft first announced that it was releasing the Windows 10 Team 2020 Update back in October, but that plan hasn't gone so well. It ended up pulling back on the update, re-releasing it in January for the Surface Hub 2S as a phased rollout.

It started rolling out for the original Surface Hub a couple of weeks ago, and now, Microsoft is pulling back again. The company was set to release it globally on March 2, after releasing it in some regions on February 24, but it's throttling the update because it has to investigate a known issue. Also, the U.S. release is pushed back to March 9.

There are a bunch of known issues on the list, and Microsoft didn't say which one is the one it's investigating. One of them seems pretty serious though, and it's specific to the first-generation Surface Hub. After installing the update, you'll be greeted by a "No bootable device" message, forcing you to re-image the device with the Surface Hub Recovery Tool.

Right now, the schedule only includes devices with full telemetry enabled, so yes, there will be more updates regarding the Windows 10 Team 2020 Update, including for Windows Update for Business and for devices that don't have full telemetry enabled.

• By indospot
      Surface Laptop 1 and 2 get new firmware and driver updates
      by João Carrasqueira

It's time once again for a new batch of Surface firmware and driver updates from Microsoft. The company is rolling out a handful of new updates for both the first and second generations of the Surface Laptop, and as tends to be the case, the focus is on improving the overall stability of the system.

The list of updates is nearly identical for the two devices, though there are a couple of differences. For the first-generation Surface Laptop, you'll be seeing these updates:

Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Update Intel Corporation – Display – 27.20.100.8682 Intel(R) HD Graphics – Display adapters Improves graphics and system stability.

Intel - Extension - 1952.14.0.1470 Intel(R) ICLS Client - Extension

Addresses security updates and improves system stability.

Intel – SoftwareComponent - 1.62.321.1 Intel(R) ICLS Client - Software devices Addresses security updates and improves system stability.

Intel - System - 2040.100.0.1029 Intel(R) Management Engine Interface - System devices Addresses security updates and improves system stability.

Surface - Firmware - 11.8.82.3838 Surface ME - Firmware

Addresses security updates and improves system stability.

If you have a Surface Laptop 2, the first update on that list is replaced by version 27.20.100.8681, but the update notes are the same. You also get an additional update:

Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Update Intel Corporation – Extension – 27.20.100.8681 Intel® Display Graphics Adapter Driver - Extension Addresses security updates and improves system stability.

Neither device has any known issues noted by Microsoft after these updates. As per usual, you'll need to be running Windows 10 version 1903 or newer for the updates to show up, but you should already be doing that considering version 1903 has been unsupported since December. It's also worth noting that the updates may roll out gradually, so you may not get it right away.

• By Rich Woods
      Microsoft seems to be shutting down its UserVoice forums
      by Rich Woods

Microsoft is apparently shutting down its UserVoice forums, as spotted by MVP Marc D Anderson (via Petri). If you go to find feedback items on the various UserVoice sites, you'll be greeted with messages like the one above that says, "This site is not currently active". If you try to access something specific, it says, "This UserVoice instance does not exist."

We've reached out to Microsoft for comment on this, and so far, let's be clear that the company hasn't confirmed anything.

Assuming that the UserVoice forums were terminated, it's a very strange move. The move is very abrupt, and the firm didn't notify anyone, even its MVPs, that these were going away. If Microsoft had a plan in place to migrate its feedback to somewhere else, it would typically display a message for a period of time to let everyone know that the change is coming.

It would seem likely that the plan would be to move to an internal solution, such as the Feedback Hub that various teams have been trying to send their users to for a few years now. Or for example, in the Edge browser, it has a built-in feedback mechanism. With so many different ways to file feedback on so many products, this might just be a way of consolidating.

Naturally, we'll update this article as soon as Microsoft says what's going on.

• By Copernic
      Sysinternals Suite 2021.03.01
      by Razvan Serea

The Sysinternals Troubleshooting Utilities have been rolled up into a single Suite of tools. This file contains the individual troubleshooting tools and help files. It does not contain non-troubleshooting tools like the BSOD Screen Saver or NotMyFault. The Sysinternals Suite is a bundle of several Sysinternals Utilies like AccessChk, Autologon, Ctrl2Cap, DiskView, Disk Usage (DU), LogonSessions, PageDefrag, ProcessExplorer, PsLogList, PsPasswd, RegMon, RootkitRevealer, TCPView, VMMap, ZoomIt.

Changes in Sysinternals Suite 2021.03.01:

WinObj v3.01 - This minor update to WinObj fixes a crash on exit. Download: Sysinternals Suite 2021.03.01 | 38.0 MB (Freeware)
      Link: Sysinternals Suite Home Page

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By Abhay V
      Microsoft working to unify Edge codebase on all platforms, mobile betas coming soon
      by Abhay Venkatesh

Microsoft has been adding a bunch of useful features to its Chromium-based Edge browser, with the latest round of updates bumping the offering to version 89 on the desktop, bringing performance improvements to browser launches, sleeping tabs for better resource management, and the general availability of vertical tabs. The company recently added Collections and tabs and history sync to the mobile versions. However, the Android version of the app is still based on version 77, with an update to the underlying version long overdue.

That might be changing soon, as the company showed a slide during an Ignite session video (highlighted by Reddit user SumitDh on a Reddit thread) titled “Microsoft Edge | Mobile Productivity in the Enterprise” that noted that the company will be moving to a common codebase for the desktop, Android, and iOS versions later this year. However, due to Apple's App Store guidelines, the underlying rendering engine on iOS will continue to be WebKit, just like Chrome on iOS.

The reason for the change that the company notes is that currently, the development of any new features needs to be done “three times” since they must be built for Android, iOS, and the desktop (Windows, Mac, and Linux) separately, owing to the different codebases. This also causes challenges with rolling out features to all platforms simultaneously. With the unification of the codebases, the mobile versions will also gain feature parity with competing browsers such as Chrome.

The Redmond firm also adds that the migration to a common codebase helps developers and enterprises since existing policies can easily be migrated to apply to mobile devices as well for the latter. This is in addition to the improved “engineering efficiency” for the team to bring features from the desktop to mobile, where applicable. The change will also result in much-needed performance improvements on Android, making the offering a viable alternative to Google’s offering and other Chromium-based browsers on the platform.

The company says that the effort to unify the codebase has been in the works for the past year and that it will be releasing a public beta for Android and iOS customers “in the coming months”. It will be interesting to see what features make it to the mobile versions from the desktop in the future.