Steal on hard drives!

@ SioPao, Yeah, but business hate to do that, 1) cause it costs money to do the credit card transactions, and 2) there's always tons of people who then complain to the BBB (Better Business Bureau). So I doubt it's a stunt.

yep, and if it is a scam, they can easily get away with just crediting your credit card back, so just like a publicity stunt of sorts.

i hope not

oh and posting this on hardforums.com hot deals section is a sure way to ensure that the deal is killed, haha. it's nice to share everwhere, but I just noticed it posted there, so you can bet this won't be up too much longer.

If we do get these, I'm glad I forgot to go to bed about five hours ago. :D

Edit: I just remembered that I used my Discover card's anti-fraud system to order these. It generates a one time use number. If this turns out to be a mistake and they catch on, I wonder if they can credit my card. Hmm...interesting.

Just ordered 5 160 gigger. Gonna add em to my raid array which I use to store movies/tv eps to stream to the xbox. Maybe might add one to my tivo. Could always use some space there. Here's to hoping the order goes through!

Well, that, and if you paid by any credit card, be it Discover, MC, Visa, etc...you can always dispute the charges -- should uBid.com decide to raise how much the payment was, but they likely won't. Doing so is a sure-fire way to kill your customers. They hate it.

Funny, cause I just bought the 160GB 8MB on eBay yesterday. Now I have 5! MWAHAHAHA!!!! :D

And what are you going to do with all that? :p

And what are you going to do with all that? :p

Host my large collection of ScottyMacJubilee music. LAHRD!! :D No, I really only need one -- i've outgrown my 80GB's I have now.

I REALLY think the price of these is a screw up as of now.

Holy moley!

Host my large collection of ScottyMacJubilee music. LAHRD!!  No, I really only need one -- i've outgrown my 80GB's I have now.

Yeah, pretty much the same here. If I get these drives, my 80GB goes to my TiVo.

haha, well that makes the price mistake even more obvious. so we know it's a mistake, it's just a matter of how ubid handles it now, whether they honor it or not. but everyone ordering so many and in such quantities, it's doubtful they would honor it.

haha, well that makes the price mistake even more obvious. so we know it's a mistake, it's just a matter of how ubid handles it now, whether they honor it or not. but everyone ordering so many and in such quantities, it's doubtful they would honor it.

If any actually ship out, they are screwed on those.

If not, we can forget about this useful glitch. :)

yep, it would be great PR to honor it. but in all honesty, i don't know if they would even be able to physically do it. Just because so many people just from neowin ordered so many, and now it's over on hardforums. It's going to be 100's of drives for 20$, going to be tough.

yep, it would be great PR to honor it. but in all honesty, i don't know if they would even be able to physically do it. Just because so many people just from neowin ordered so many, and now it's over on hardforums. It's going to be 100's of drives for 20$, going to be tough.

They probably don't even get the drives for that cheap.