Steal on hard drives!

right, I missed this seemingly incredible offer, didn't see this thread, anywho...

A. Isn't there a Hard Disk physical limit of 137 GB UNLESS you're on ULTRA ATA?!??!!?

So why would there be a 160 gb ATA-100 drive!?!?

B. If anyone got the 200 GB drive with only a 2 mb cache..... eeew...

C. ATA-100 is kinda slow anyways

So, yes, while they were DEFINITELY insane steals for prices like that, you still have to realize these aren't the nicest drives anyways.....

No, the 137GB limit is for older, non-P3 (essentially--that time period) BIOS'es. That's all. Any new mobo can take it. And no, the 160GB drive is the SE -- 8MB cache model. Ultra-ATA is ATA-66. ATA-100 is UDMA-4 (UltraATA 4) (someone check me if I'm wrong). Get your facts straight, man. These are 10X better than any drive you've got in your PC's ;)

So, yes, while they were DEFINITELY insane steals for prices like that, you still have to realize these aren't the nicest drives anyways.....

eh, you're just mad kuz you didn't get in on it... :p BWWWAHAHHHA HA HA HA HA!!! pwn3d

No, the 137GB limit is for older, non-P3 (essentially--that time period) BIOS'es. That's all. Any new mobo can take it. And no, the 160GB drive is the SE -- 8MB cache model. Ultra-ATA is ATA-66. ATA-100 is UDMA-4 (UltraATA 4) (someone check me if I'm wrong). Get your facts straight, man. These are 10X better than any drive you've got in your PC's ;)

you gave me a choice of selling to me for 24 or on ebay for 100? sell it to me for 24, thats my choice, the balls in your court now

:o Dear Sir,

We found an error in the price for the Western Digital Caviar WD1600JB Special Edition - hard drive - 160 GB - ATA-100. The order will be cancelled due to that error. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Bonnie Z.

uBid Customer Care

uBid.com

right, I missed this seemingly incredible offer, didn't see this thread, anywho...

A. Isn't there a Hard Disk physical limit of 137 GB UNLESS you're on ULTRA ATA?!??!!?

So why would there be a 160 gb ATA-100 drive!?!?

B. If anyone got the 200 GB drive with only a 2 mb cache..... eeew...

C. ATA-100 is kinda slow anyways

so I guess you won't be ordering any then eh?

I agree it would be ideal to get an 8mb cache and either SATA or ATA133, but hey there's that whole deal about looking an *almost* gift horse in the mouth. It's $20. I can put up with a little bit slower of a 160GB drive for $20.

thank you very much for this post, currently the only still valid drive is I think on the 2nd-3rd page for a 2mb 160GB WD.

We found an error in the price for the Western Digital Caviar WD1600JB Special Edition - hard drive - 160 GB - ATA-100. The order will be cancelled due to that error. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Bonnie Z.

uBid Customer Care

uBid.com

oohhhhh i don't like that :x ... :cry:

hey, if anyone actually gets these and wants to sell one or two I'll pay the shipping. Could use them for my server. We can discuss a price for the drives also, just let me know.

Sincerely,

Bonnie Z.

uBid Customer Care

uBid.com

sue them! tell them ill report you to the Consumer Watchdog for giving me price and then taking it away from me, tell them you took the effort to find this price and its been taken away

Sincerely,

Bonnie Z.

uBid Customer Care

uBid.com

i havent gotten this email yet... i am hoping he is playing a cruel joke... :no:

If anyone is interested, here is the legality of it. If you have received any kind of confirmation email that states a price, that constitutes a receipt.

And a receipt is a contractual document. So you are entitled at THAT price.

I had to look into this in GREAT depth recently for work.

great post njlouch... would there be any good online resource for laws state-to-state? i want to make sure that this will still go for Delaware.

So, whoever thought I had cheap-HDD-envy before, YES, I DID, but now, I DONT.....

Order placed ;)

LOL good for you man... im happy :)

btw, you better order 2 if you can afford it!!!

So, whoever thought I had cheap-HDD-envy before, YES, I DID, but now, I DONT.....

Order placed ;)

i hope u didnt buy an "old" ata... u have SATA under your hood...

Ah, that law is UK based. It was due to a legal precedent that occurred a few years back.

Not sure hw the US stands, but as I recall it was fairly similar. A receipt still constitutes a binding agreement, and I believe a confirmation email containing a price is still a receipt.