Xbox One X

18 hours ago, Emn1ty said:

I guess my only question is... if I have a One S is it worth the upgrade? I'm kind of mixed between several possible upgrades right now (phone, laptop, xbox). I haven't gamed much on my One but I plan on grabbing AC:O for it an I have a 4k hdr sony tv.

Since you have the 4k HDR TV, and if you want to take advantage of it to the best of it's ability at this point, then I'd say yest, buy the X.  The thing is though, if you don't have the time to game much, maybe it's a upgrade you hold off on for a few months.  

23 hours ago, Emn1ty said:

I guess my only question is... if I have a One S is it worth the upgrade? I'm kind of mixed between several possible upgrades right now (phone, laptop, xbox). I haven't gamed much on my One but I plan on grabbing AC:O for it an I have a 4k hdr sony tv.

It makes gaming look incredible, but all comes down to how much gaming you actually do like George said are you getting in 5-10 hours of gaming a week. You'll get the benefits on your TV setup, and you'll notice the difference, UHD drive would of been a benefit but you already own a S. 

Know how you feel but, my phone upgrade is in the que and the laptop needs to be done to I just chose the order of 1.Xbox. 2.Phone 3. Laptop.

On 11/12/2017 at 8:25 AM, Emn1ty said:

How much gaming do you do in general? I guess that's what it comes down to. You have an S, so could you flog that and offset it against the cost of the X? I'm happy with my purchase, it looks great on my 4K TV and I'll probably only game on my PC from now on if it's something i prefer mouse and keyboard on such as CIV etc.

7 hours ago, MikeChipshop said:

How much gaming do you do in general? I guess that's what it comes down to. You have an S, so could you flog that and offset it against the cost of the X? I'm happy with my purchase, it looks great on my 4K TV and I'll probably only game on my PC from now on if it's something i prefer mouse and keyboard on such as CIV etc.

I game quite often, but only play Civ and MWO, both of which are PC only for me. I would play more console games but most of my friends have moved to PC/Switch gaming. I will be getting AC:O for Xbox though and I plan on buying more single player games for the console vs the PC as I enjoy playing them in a more social environment (my living room).

That being said I think I'm gonna wait for black friday to see what One X deals there are. Amazon is showing a $137 trade-in for the One S, too.

I wasn't even planning on buying it soon until I saw people here talking about how much smoother/higher quality everything looks. Mass Effect 1 has been quite choppy on my One S.

• Like 1

What I noticed about the Scorpio edition and the regular edition when it comes to the controller, Scorpio the buttons are all black.  Regular, colored.  I don't see many site mentioning that.  Of course, maybe it is where I have looked.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Emn1ty said:

I wasn't even planning on buying it soon until I saw people here talking about how much smoother/higher quality everything looks. Mass Effect 1 has been quite choppy on my One S.

Just to add to this, I played Fornite: Battle Royale last night for the first time since I got my X, whilst its not on the enhanced list I did notice the game was significantly smoother than before on the Day One X. No frame drops, no input lag it just ran smooth as butter.

• Like 1

I got one thing to mention about the Xbox One X I have noticed. Xbox One games that were choppy or frame rate drops, will benefit from the X greatly. Most of the games that were that way when I was on the OG One or the S, no longer do that on the X. Faster loading and much smoother gameplay. That's not to say all games will be that way. There are poorly optimized games out there. (cough) Just Cause 3 (cough).

As far as, if you should upgrade or not... If you got the money and want a better gaming experience, go for it! Doesn't matter if you got a 1080p or a 4K TV, you will benefit from it either way. Probably most people getting an X and still have a 1080p TV will get a 4K TV down the road in the next year or two anyways. It's easier to upgrade to a new TV, than a new console. The console will be 4K ready and waiting until you are!

13 hours ago, techbeck said:

What I noticed about the Scorpio edition and the regular edition when it comes to the controller, Scorpio the buttons are all black.  Regular, colored.  I don't see many site mentioning that.  Of course, maybe it is where I have looked.

Yeah not many people have pointed this out. I really like the darker buttons but I got the regular version.

3 hours ago, MikeChipshop said:

Yeah not many people have pointed this out. I really like the darker buttons but I got the regular version.

I don't normally pay attention or care.  I never look at the buttons when playing a game.  Just thought it was odd it was not mentioned much. I  use my Elite controller so it has the dark buttons as well.  My X1X controller is going back in the box.

Saw this article online and thought it may help a few people here. 

There is no need to plug you Xbox into a surge protector and it's been designed to be plugged directly into a wall outlet. The internal power supply is designed to withstand power surges. There may be some issues with your Xbox One X not even switching on if it's connected to power via a surge protector. 

Source

On 14/11/2017 at 9:40 PM, techbeck said:

I noticed the power on sound for the X1X is different than the X1.  Same tune, just sounds different.   I like the X1 better.

Yeah it's a little more "Sparkly" on the X, with a bit of reverb.

So it's been a couple weeks, what's everyone playing? I think I might be a bit burnt out from Forza 7. I play racers for to long and straight when they should be taken in dosages instead of trying to finish them within the week. Thinking it's Tomb Raider time. Shockingly I've never played Witcher 3 at all either :blush:

3 hours ago, Vandalsquad said:

So it's been a couple weeks, what's everyone playing? I think I might be a bit burnt out from Forza 7. I play racers for to long and straight when they should be taken in dosages instead of trying to finish them within the week. Thinking it's Tomb Raider time. Shockingly I've never played Witcher 3 at all either :blush:

Uhh.  Has-Been Heroes?  Haha.  Also downloading stuff for my Game Pass trials while I wait for the Destiny 2 update+DLC.

My gaming PC got all jealous and died on me just now heh.  I might've been pretty depressed about that before the X came out. :)

Edited by dwLostCat

On 11/21/2017 at 2:52 AM, Vandalsquad said:

A friend of mines and I have been rocking through Gears 4 in Co-Op.

I borrowed CoD: WWII from my Big Bro, so I could beat the campaign and get the game back to him quickly.

Gonna try to blast through Battlefield 1 afterwards

The Witcher 3 ate up almost 200 hours of my life and I still didn't do everything. Did enough though, give to move on to a new game. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2017 at 11:09 AM, George P said:

The Witcher 3 ate up almost 200 hours of my life and I still didn't do everything. Did enough though, give to move on to a new game. 

I have not played the expansions yet on W3.  I am on my 2nd play thru on the harder mode. But I have not played it in a while.  Good game tho.

49 minutes ago, techbeck said:

I have not played the expansions yet on W3.  I am on my 2nd play thru on the harder mode. But I have not played it in a while.  Good game tho.

If all you do is run through the story missions and skip most or all of the side stuff then you can end it quickly.  I was doing so much of the side stuff as well, plus the two dlc packs and at the end I was at almost 200 hours and level 47.

I finally picked up an Xbox One X last night. So happy!! Only issue is party chat audio keeps dropping packets and lagging out. Not sure if its my ISP (MyRepublic NBN) or if its Xbox. The party chat system has been terrible ever since the XBox One launched back in 2013. 

Other than that, what a great console. Looks nice and feels expensive lol. BEASSSTTTTTT

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Hedon said:

What happened to this forum? This place is now DEAD :(

Sorry, I don't have one...

But, what's new with it? How are you liking living with it etc?

1 hour ago, Hedon said:

What happened to this forum? This place is now DEAD :(

There's not much to talk about lately.  Few new games, not much for updates (though the Forza Horizon 3 X1X patch just now was awesome)

(and personally I gave up and went to Reddit.)

There will be more going on now that they're starting to push out a new version of the OS and we get more info about future games.  I have the X myself and I love it, super quiet and looks great.