Xbox One X

Apparently the Titanfall 2 X Enhanced patch is having issues so you might want to put a hold on that until it gets another patch if you planned to play it.

I hate embedded ###### in my forum posts so fix the link yourself. :p

http:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=urYrx7zAvPM

I already finished it on PC so no loss.

Waiting on my X to be delivered. Had a bit of an issue with Amazon getting it to me today, for some reason it was going to come on Thursday even though I preordered it the minute it went up and it was supposed to be Release Day Delivery. So I reached out to Amazon, asked what was going on, and explained I did not think I should have to pay the $12 for One Day Delivery to get it today. The customer service rep Chris I talked to agree, and credited my account $12 so I could choose 1 Day Shipping.

So it is on it's way to my house. Already have everything prepped on my external, so it should be a pretty painless process setting it up as well.

Looking forward to finally play Forza 7. I only played an hour or so waiting to play it on the X instead.

Mine hasn't even shipped from Amazon yet.  I also spoke to a customer service rep and he too will make it a next day delivery; fingers crossed I get it tomorrow.  Either Amazon or Microsoft dropped the ball on this.

Oh! I must apologise to UPS, despite the tracking number saying tomorrow, it just turned up. I'm going to have to play with the console a bit later though as i have school run to do and ###### like that!

EDIT: Couldn't resist nipping in to the house to have a look, just took it out of the box and it's small, small and solid feeling, quite heavy. Unplugged my external from my old XB1 and plugged it in to the new one and within minutes it knew who i was, signed me in to Xbox, signed me in to my home network and started downloading an update.

• Like 2

I grabbed my Project Scorpio Edition from GameStop last night...  decided to give things a run... 

Setup: if you have a current Xbox One and saved a config file to an external HDD, it will grab the settings, and perform a 730MB or so update ...

Once you are past the update, you are free to tinker as you like.  I hooked up another external HDD for 4K capture to the external

The main Dash still appears to be 1080p or so.  This must be the compromise when Mike Ybarra and his team giving devs 9GB of RAM for games instead of 8GB. This is a smart move if you ask me.

Video capture on YouTube, or Twitcher, or Mixer even does NOT do the 1X any justice.  This consolse 

People say power doesnt matter... <----- THIS IS A LIE... GEARS 4 has a whole new level of detail...

The already Legendary Halo3  look even more LEGENDARY' ER... 

Halo 5 ... seems like a completely different game, based on visuals alone.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, patseguin said:

If I don't feel like waiting for Forza 7 to download, can I buy a physical copy and play it without having to load the disc?

You can grab the disc and install and play, But if you want 4K benefits the assets are another download since the game came before the X and an additional download. Would just grab physical to save at least half that massive download and actually have a physical item of worth to :)

Mines still set for delivery today, hasn't arrived yet :(

Everything looks great.  No, it’s not perfect on day one but...99% of it is!

The Crew still looks a little...off.  I doubt it’ll get an update but who knows?

Had some pop in on Wildlands but it still looks much better.

I’ve been loading up a little bit of everything and can’t see any reason to go back to my PC except for titles that don’t have an X1X patch yet.  

Rock on.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Sorry for the terrible ass photos, Left my camera in my bag in the misses car and waiting on the other X to arrive to replace the phone.

rLvw8hW.jpg

o6myh4K.jpg

sdHNeyX.jpg

nG78pqj.jpg

eW9FUca.jpg

And since me and my mates will be using this as our online multiplat machine now I decided to treat myself and grab a new pair of A50's for it, been waiting to open. I've had the A50 Sony pair for my PS4 for awhile now and best headset ever used couldn't fault them.

• Like 2

First up Halo 5, looks beautiful now.

Second, I'm a bit hard up on 4K content as I didn't predownload much and the servers are gettings absolutley hammered. Averaging around 8mbps when it's usually 80-90 :laugh:

• Like 1

Not had much time yet, so just been flicking through various games and the Insects tech demo, and it's all very pretty and powerful. It's pretty enough and smooth enough that it'll more than likely replace my need to go to PC for that extra oopmth.

Got Planet Earth II on UHD HDR, so going to start watching that tonight :D

• Like 1

I'm going through my usual buyer's remorse after a new purchase. Spent 3 hours downloading Forza 7 last night and while it did, I loaded up a few games I hadn't played in a while since my XB1 just gathered dust. Diablo 3 was on the enhanced list but looked exactly the same to me. Same for Rocket League.

The overall experience of the console is pretty positive as it is very fast and Atmos is stunning.

3 hours ago, MikeChipshop said:

Not had much time yet, so just been flicking through various games and the Insects tech demo, and it's all very pretty and powerful. It's pretty enough and smooth enough that it'll more than likely replace my need to go to PC for that extra oopmth.

Got Planet Earth II on UHD HDR, so going to start watching that tonight :D

That was my first experience when I got my 4K setup. You'll love it. I loved the first Planet Earth and II was absolutely stunning in 4K.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Showan said:

I grabbed my Project Scorpio Edition from GameStop last night...  decided to give things a run... 

Setup: if you have a current Xbox One and saved a config file to an external HDD, it will grab the settings, and perform a 730MB or so update ...

Once you are past the update, you are free to tinker as you like.  I hooked up another external HDD for 4K capture to the external

The main Dash still appears to be 1080p or so.  This must be the compromise when Mike Ybarra and his team giving devs 9GB of RAM for games instead of 8GB. This is a smart move if you ask me.

Video capture on YouTube, or Twitcher, or Mixer even does NOT do the 1X any justice.  This consolse 

People say power doesnt matter... <----- THIS IS A LIE... GEARS 4 has a whole new level of detail...

The already Legendary Halo3  look even more LEGENDARY' ER... 

Halo 5 ... seems like a completely different game, based on visuals alone.

Dude - you saved me a ton of time. thanks so much. I never would have known to back up my settings to external drive. I had all my games and preferences up instantly.

53 minutes ago, patseguin said:

That was my first experience when I got my 4K setup. You'll love it. I loved the first Planet Earth and II was absolutely stunning in 4K.

Ha, i snuck in a quick viewing of the first episode today, magnificent!

49 minutes ago, patseguin said:

Dude - you saved me a ton of time. thanks so much. I never would have known to back up my settings to external drive. I had all my games and preferences up instantly.

You can do network transfer also if you have both hooked up to the same network, no need for an external :).

My Forza 7 assets are taking an age to grab at the moment, I transferred the demo and updated that. Looks like an entire new gen, never seen a racing game look this good and smooth. Will have to pick up Planet Earth II with these suggestions first UHD player also.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Reading all these comments, I don't regret cancelling my Scorpio pre-order. Nope, not one bit. :cry:

Funny thing is, they said Scorpio was limited and once pre-orders were sold it was gone... It's been in stock for the last 2 days at Amazon US.

12 minutes ago, xendrome said:

Funny thing is, they said Scorpio was limited and once pre-orders were sold it was gone... It's been in stock for the last 2 days at Amazon US.

It's in stock at Microsoft too

2 hours ago, patseguin said:

glad to be of any help... :-) 

46 minutes ago, xendrome said:

? With only 5 left for $699 US price now. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Xbox+Scorpio

33 minutes ago, WildWayz said:

It's in stock at Microsoft too

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/consoles?xr=shellnav Sold out

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/b/xbox?icid=CNavDevicesXbox Sold out

Are we mistaking the normal Xbox One X for the Scorpio edition? :shifty:

• Like 1

^ I was wondering the same thing. All sites that I checked seemed to show sold out. I assume the 699 price is one inflated by people who bought and are selling for profit only.