Synology DS414 degredation in performance

This week I've experienced several problems with my DS414 running DSM 6.1.2-15132. What I've experienced:

Control Panel > Update & Restore - 'Connection failed. Please check your internet connection.'

Package Centre - Window appeared to freeze for several minute before displaying the message above. Despite overlay showing 1 update available. I know it's an Audio Station update because both it and Video Station had updates available Sunday night however Audio Station failed.

Synology Account - When logging in through bowser status shows [username].myds.me as offline/unavailable. Meanwhile I'm connected to the NAS in another browser tab!

Media Server - Unable to stream more than a few minutes of a TV show to either wired or wireless DLNA devices

Can't explain Media Server but the first three seem to imply a problem with Synology's online services however I can't any news on their website or forums :?

i know this is dumb, but have you rebooted the unit? have you pulled the power from it, too?

i havent had these specific issues before, but i have had browser compatibility issues w/ their OS. make sure to try various browsers.

there is always the reset option...

https://www.synology.com/en-us/knowledgebase/DSM/tutorial/General/What_is_the_RESET_button_on_the_Synology_product_for

Yeah I've tried a few restarts and decided yanking power on the last one couldn't hurt. Issues are apparent in IE, Edge and Vivaldi whether I'm on my network or remote from the office. The package centre issue resolved itself today both opening normally and applying the update for audio station so not willing to go through a reset if things are going to bounce back by themself.