Nintendo Switch's handheld mode more popular than playing on TV

Nintendo Switch's handheld mode more popular than playing on TV

Down by the dock.

By Tom Phillips Published 31/10/2017

Switch's handheld mode is slightly more popular than the option of playing the console connected to the TV.

Nintendo has published Switch usage data for Nintendo Account users playing while online, calculated by totting up which play style was used for more than 80 per cent of the time.

The graph, left, shows the largest proportion of Switch owners (around half) do not overly favour handheld or TV play, and instead use both.

1.png

Continues...

I have to say I'm not surprised, as it makes a great handheld. I thought I would use the console exclusively in the dock but the exact opposite happened.

Minority, prefer TV, that being said trying to re-calibrate the battery (due to the bug) and been using handheld to drain it then charge it in the cradle. 
https://www.polygon.com/2017/8/1/16075190/nintendo-switch-battery-issue-bug-system-software-update

I've been at 1% for about 20 minutes of active playtime ><

I must be a part of the minority. I have never really enjoyed mobile gaming. I own plenty of handhelds but I usually just play them around the house.

I have to admit my scepticism about this whole Switch thing but I have to say it is all working out pretty cool. I am lovinggggg Marion Odyssey. It might be my favourite Mario game ever.