thumbs missing for common file associations

Hello everyone, 

Any idea how I can fix this issue? The icons for common file types are missing (video files, mp3's, pictures and such...). The application installers icons display well so I am expecting it must be something with file associations?!

thumbs.PNG

Ewe, hiding extensions for known file types; one of the first things to disable.

What version of Windows? Did you do a registry clean or other maintenance procedure? Can you change associations in another app then change them back?

2 hours ago, Zagadka said:

Ewe, hiding extensions for known file types; one of the first things to disable.

What version of Windows? Did you do a registry clean or other maintenance procedure? Can you change associations in another app then change them back?

I have not done a registry clean for some time now.. Latest windows 10 rs5 build. Seems to have been broken for the last 3 flights or so... sfc /scannow did not fix it either. Will try in one app.. was wondering if there's any "General" fix readily available.

ran cc cleaner and still not a fix unfortunately. if i change to a different program the file association for mp3 for example, it does show the correct thumbnail

• 3 weeks later...