New York parents win legal battle to evict son, 30

And it didn't end there 

A 30-year-old US man evicted from his parents' home in a court battle has finally moved out - after calling the police on his dad in a row about Lego.

Source

I'm 30 and live with my parents. Have a full-time job and I pay my own bills of course, but cost of living is high. I want to move out, but it takes time to build up savings, find a reputable place to rent, etc. I don't think there's any real shame in living with your parents if it's between that and possibly being homeless. You can't rush into things, you need to make sound moves.

On 6/1/2018 at 8:47 PM, Quillz said:

I'm 30 and live with my parents. Have a full-time job and I pay my own bills of course, but cost of living is high. I want to move out, but it takes time to build up savings, find a reputable place to rent, etc. I don't think there's any real shame in living with your parents if it's between that and possibly being homeless. You can't rush into things, you need to make sound moves.

You're contributing to the household while making sure you're financially secure enough to make it on your own. That's smart thinking, not leeching.

Similarly I've lived with family most of my life, and am now finally getting my own place. It'll be nice to be the one to make the rules of the house, rather than abiding by others' rules. And I might be able to help out other members of the family in the same way I was helped all these years.