Ignore turned on again - you can again ignore your fellow Neowinian

1 minute ago, warwagon said:

I agree with you. Which is W wins a lot of days. Though playing devils advocate for a moment, the weekend isn't really that hard to win. On the weekends you can post on a thread and you can bump it to the front page where it will sit for hours. But I do see your point.

Well, it started on Friday.  But the top people day in and day out should tell the site/users where most of the posts and attention is going.

1 minute ago, techbeck said:

Well, it started on Friday.  But the top people day in and day out should tell the site/users where most of the posts and attention is going.

Which is why I think Neowin should do what I do and just rename it for what it is. :D

Capture.JPG

5 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Which is why I think Neowin should do what I do and just rename it for what it is. :D

Pretty much what I call it.  Couple users have no thoughts of their own and just copy/paste and complain. 

Up until last week, I did not post in RWI this year and tried other places.  Which is hard considering the activity is lacking in other areas. 

On 6/21/2018 at 1:39 PM, JHBrown said:

MsZ5Esc.jpg

Unfortunately, one member here said my family was like a pack of dogs for using Apple products. The ignore feature worked perfect after failed report user attempts.

don't take this personally... but nothing in world will be perfect, you will never go though life and never be insulted by something or someone. grow a backbone and live though it.

and if you can't handle it, I heard VR worlds are getting better and better.

1 hour ago, techbeck said:

I see that as a problem.  Those areas had activity and now they have little to none.  I make a few posts in the RWI bitching thread and my popularity rose to within the top 10 for the week along with the other popular people for posting in that  thread.  I find it a problem where a non tech thread keeps this site active.  I had like over 20 reactions in 1 day in that thread.  I "won"  Saturday which was mainly for making a few posts in that thread.

Rock and a hard place thought right? 

How do you deal with a situation like this? Do you kill off those sub forums and hope that the traffic moves to the forums we'd all prefer to see more active or do you try and make changes to draw users away from those sub forums? 

I may sound like a broken record, but we still have users that aren't interested in the political content on this site, but may not post in other areas. If you want to see more activity in certain areas, post in those areas. Just a general comment and not aimed at you @techbeck:)

42 minutes ago, nekrosoft13 said:

don't take this personally... but nothing in world will be perfect, you will never go though life and never be insulted by something or someone. grow a backbone and live though it.

and if you can't handle it, I heard VR worlds are getting better and better.

Sorry dude, but if you have nothing better to do but berate someone's family, you probably should just stop posting. There's literally zero reason for talking this way about someone just because you dislike a brand of products.

It's sad that people are this materialistic that brand loyalty is upheld beyond being a decent human being... :sleep2: 

6 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Rock and a hard place thought right? 

How do you deal with a situation like this? Do you kill off those sub forums and hope that the traffic moves to the forums we'd all prefer to see more active or do you try and make changes to draw users away from those sub forums? 

I may sound like a broken record, but we still have users that aren't interested in the political content on this site, but may not post in other areas. If you want to see more activity in certain areas, post in those areas. Just a general comment and not aimed at you @techbeck:)

Honestly, they need to hide RWI section.  No notifications of any kind of the content that is posted there.  Imagine you are a new users signing up for the site.  You sign up and then all you see on the leader boards are political BS.   Is this really going to entice anyone to either post, or stick around?

I know it is not aimed at me, but all years I have posted other areas and it is lacking, a lot.

17 minutes ago, dead.cell said:

Sorry dude, but if you have nothing better to do but berate someone's family, you probably should just stop posting. There's literally zero reason for talking this way about someone just because you dislike a brand of products.

It's sad that people are this materialistic that brand loyalty is upheld beyond being a decent human being... :sleep2: 

I didn't berate anyone, fact of the matter is, no one will ever agree on everything 100%. its a fact of life. 

Just now, nekrosoft13 said:

I didn't berate anyone, fact of the matter is, no one will ever agree on everything 100%. its a fact of life. 

Sorry if that seemed directed at you.  I meant in general, not you specifically.

As someone who is quite prolific in the RWI section, I have a suggestion.  If it's technically possible, exclude posts in that section from the popular posters metric. Sure, that would kill my own score, but I don't really care much about that.

If it's not feasible to just exclude RWI from that metric, then maybe the popularity metric should be removed altogether?

Y'see, I think RWI is a very useful section and has it's place in the community for people to speak out about things, but I don't want it to hurt the sites main focus of technology, so removing it from affecting site metrics is a reasonable option, no?

3 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

As someone who is quite prolific in the RWI section, I have a suggestion.  If it's technically possible, exclude posts in that section from the popular posters metric. Sure, that would kill my own score, but I don't really care much about that.

If it's not feasible to just exclude RWI from that metric, then maybe the popularity metric should be removed altogether?

Y'see, I think RWI is a very useful section and has it's place in the community for people to speak out about things, but I don't want it to hurt the sites main focus of technology, so removing it from affecting site metrics is a reasonable option, no?

sadly I don't think IPB allows excluding per section; though @DaveLegg or @sheinbein might be able to come up with a hack if asked nicely :)

On 6/22/2018 at 3:32 PM, warwagon said:

If you look at the user stats of a certain person in domestic politics whose name starts with W, you'll see he gave 763 downvotes, during the time in which it was implemented. Everyone should check their own stats and compare that number to your own. You'll see that, it's quite the record number downvotes given.

Personally, I think that many downvotes given and the fact it's so much larger by a factor of x3 than anyone else i've seen so far, signifies a certain type of forum behavior.

If you want to check your own number, You can find it in your profile under your "community reputation" number and click on "see reputation activity". 

Ah, so that's why you checked out my profile? Looking for dirt? Sorry you were disappointed with the results. :)

17 minutes ago, shockz said:

Ah, so that's why you checked out my profile? Looking for dirt? Sorry you were disappointed with the results. :)

/me checks out Shockz profile ? 

1 hour ago, shockz said:

LOL... ya.. I randomly checked 15 profiles. Nobody even came close.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:33 AM, warwagon said:

LOL... ya.. I randomly checked 15 profiles. Nobody even came close.

You seem to have an obsession with the poster known as W (might as well say his/her name, sheesh).  Jealousy perhaps, can't handle the competition?   ?

1 hour ago, Raze said:

You seem to have an obsession with the poster known as W (might as well say his/her name, sheesh).  Jealousy perhaps, can't handle the competition?   ?

Well I figure if I use W then I can't be warned for accidentally saying anything insulting because nobody knows who i'm talking about ;);)

8 hours ago, warwagon said:

Well I figure if I use W then I can't be warned for accidentally saying anything insulting because nobody knows who i'm talking about ;);)

Who is W? warwagon?

25 minutes ago, Raze said:

He's a troublemaker!    ?

Ap3rvuj.png

Image is not mine.  Image by anonymous! 

Best post of 2018 so far.

7 hours ago, Raze said:

He's a troublemaker!    ?

Ap3rvuj.png

Image is not mine.  Image by anonymous! 

Someone really has to update that  fat photo of me. I'm wondering which photo that head was taken off of.

1 minute ago, warwagon said:

Someone really has to update fat photo of me. I'm wondering which photo that head was taken off of.

I dunno. While you do look much better slim, for comedic purposes the old photo works pretty well.

• 2 weeks later...