Which Linux distribution do you prefer?

Which Linux distribution do you prefer?  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

remixedcat

Mint Linux has been good :)

• Like 1
Nick H.
20 minutes ago, remixedcat said:

Mint Linux has been good :)

I've been using it for a few years now. With the latest update though I'm noticing my network connection at home seems to drop every so often. There are multiple possibilities for why it's happening (the update to version 20, messing around with VPNs, my service provider) so I'm not going to put the blame on the system. I might just need to do a fresh install rather than the upgrade. It just feels like a bit of a hassle, I've got everything just how I like it right now. There's just that small niggle.

1for-matik

For me, I don't have just one distribution i like. But, i have 4 distributions in 2 categories :

Fixed release :

1. Linux Mint (simple, stable, recommended for beginners)

2. Pop!_OS (modern, stable)

Rolling release :

1. Solus (simple, stable, can be recommended for beginners but less choice for software included)

2. Manjaro (way more powerful than the 3 others, can be less stable than the 3 others)

I voted for Manjaro.

remixedcat
54 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

I've been using it for a few years now. With the latest update though I'm noticing my network connection at home seems to drop every so often. There are multiple possibilities for why it's happening (the update to version 20, messing around with VPNs, my service provider) so I'm not going to put the blame on the system. I might just need to do a fresh install rather than the upgrade. It just feels like a bit of a hassle, I've got everything just how I like it right now. There's just that small niggle.

Same.. there's been a lot of attacks more than this time last year.. It's 2020 after all..

Mindovermaster
1 hour ago, remixedcat said:

Same.. there's been a lot of attacks more than this time last year.. It's 2020 after all..

You back remixedcat? lol, havent seen you for awhile.. 👋

remixedcat

Yah had to see how this place held up

Greg Zeng

Only 154 voters?

> "Donald Trump - 45th President of the United States",  ·  in Domestic Politics,  38,228  Replies

This web site is recognized, but not many are using Linux yet.  Among the short list of comments that I could see, some ignorance exists about Linux.  Not all Debian or RPM operating systems are the same.  The RPM-based system as are so disagreed with each other that they form incompatible battles with the many other RPM-based brands.

Most Linux operating systems prefer the Debian base.  Of those that prefer DEB, most prefer to use Ubuntu-core as their base.

Ubuntu-core has both an inner-family.  These five desktop environments are released simultaneously, but are different enough to not intrude on each others feet.  For example, Kubuntu will not use gparted,m because it prefers using the a version of gparted, unique to KDE.

The outer family of the official Ubuntu group are community versions that dare to include risky commercial products & modification.  The most famous of the Ubuntu-core group is Mint, which Canonical is careful to not label as an unwanted child.  Mint created many unique changes which Canonical tries to avoid.  Most Ubuntu-core based creators  are more specialized, with their narrow niche targets.

Probably the most Ubuntu-outrageous system is LinuxFX.  This is a Ubuntu-core system, trying to imitate Windows-10.  It is the best in curing Windows-10 limitations & bugs.  Even when launched from a USB-stick, without installation.