• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Official Xbox E3 2019

George P    5,060

Starting this one a bit early you could say but we have dates and times.

dipsylalapo    1,670

What's on the wish list for this year?

Think we'll see anything on new hardware?

George P    5,060

I expect new hardware details for sure, Sony already teased their specs, no surprise from them, I expect the same.   Gears 5 for sure, probably more info on Halo Infinite in some form.   xCloud stuff should also hit, so that'd be interesting.  Everyone just wants to know what the studios are up to outside of halo, forza and gears.

dipsylalapo    1,670

It would be awesome to actually see the new hardware as opposed to the Scorpio like teaser. I skipped the One X gen so I'll definitely be jumping in with whatever MS release next. 

I hope for this every year, but really looking forward to hopefully seeing some new IP

Skiver    1,941
4 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

It would be awesome to actually see the new hardware as opposed to the Scorpio like teaser. I skipped the One X gen so I'll definitely be jumping in with whatever MS release next. 

I hope for this every year, but really looking forward to hopefully seeing some new IP

If I remember correctly, they teased the Scorpio one year and then showed off the hardware the following year in the same year it released? So, in theory, we won't see anything this year I'd assume.

George P    5,060
44 minutes ago, Skiver said:

If I remember correctly, they teased the Scorpio one year and then showed off the hardware the following year in the same year it released? So, in theory, we won't see anything this year I'd assume.

Yeah, but with Sony having the PS5 coming it might be more of a race to see who releases first.  The PS4 coming out a full month before the XO back in 2013 didn't help, plus the price difference.

This is why I think the rumor of 2 new Xbox systems is true, they'll probably try to match or undercut with a base system and charge $499 for their more powerful system.

Skiver    1,941
19 hours ago, George P said:

Yeah, but with Sony having the PS5 coming it might be more of a race to see who releases first.  The PS4 coming out a full month before the XO back in 2013 didn't help, plus the price difference.

This is why I think the rumor of 2 new Xbox systems is true, they'll probably try to match or undercut with a base system and charge $499 for their more powerful system.

I'm not sure they have to be able to physically show off the next Gen Xbox physically though in order to "beat" Sony. They certainly do have to announce and confirm the spec's though.

I actually think the two different level consoles is a really smart move from MS, they've probably seen a lot of data between who stuck with an OG XB1, who upgraded to an S and who upgrade to an X. I suspect they may get a lot more day one sales compared to the OG Xb release as it was above their price range. 

George P    5,060
14 minutes ago, Skiver said:

I'm not sure they have to be able to physically show off the next Gen Xbox physically though in order to "beat" Sony. They certainly do have to announce and confirm the spec's though.

I actually think the two different level consoles is a really smart move from MS, they've probably seen a lot of data between who stuck with an OG XB1, who upgraded to an S and who upgrade to an X. I suspect they may get a lot more day one sales compared to the OG Xb release as it was above their price range. 

The specs will be told for sure, more or less.  To what detail though we don't know.  Like what Sony just did, 8 core, but what speed?  New GPU, but what are it's specs?  All still unknown, they don't want the other to out do them.   The fact we're getting info on things before E3 at all is interesting.  Makes me wonder what they're going to show us even more now.