Star Trek: Picard (CBS All Access)

On 25/03/2023 at 08:35, Steven P. said:

This season is great! And more Trek can only be a good thing.

I'll happily admit that I'm enjoying Season 3... But that doesn't mean that seasons 1 & 2 weren't garbage!

Can someone clear something up for me as I’ve not yet been able to pause correctly…

When they are in “that place” and you hear the old Alexander Courage theme, what was in the container?

Cheers

On 25/03/2023 at 09:56, Dick Montage said:

Can someone clear something up for me as I’ve not yet been able to pause correctly…

When they are in “that place” and you hear the old Alexander Courage theme, what was in the container?

Cheers

Spoiler

Riker was looking at the Genisis Device V2

Raffi saw Kirk's remains

The other easter eggs,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/03/2023 at 23:23, FloatingFatMan said:

I've seen rumours that Paramount+ are considering a new Trek show with Bad Robot called Star Trek Legends, but ONLY if Kurtzman has ZERO creative control over it...

Total rubbish. Kurtzman is firmly in charge of the TREK on TV and Bad Robot has absolutely nothing to do with it, they are limited to the feature film slate.
Read: https://trekmovie.com/2023/03/24/alex-kurtzman-says-star-trek-announcements-coming-soon-hints-at-character-focused-mini-series-movies/

• Like 1

On 25/03/2023 at 18:41, PeterTHX said:

Total rubbish. Kurtzman is firmly in charge of the TREK on TV and Bad Robot has absolutely nothing to do with it, they are limited to the feature film slate.
Read: https://trekmovie.com/2023/03/24/alex-kurtzman-says-star-trek-announcements-coming-soon-hints-at-character-focused-mini-series-movies/

Like I said.. RUMOURS...

On 25/03/2023 at 20:41, PeterTHX said:

He is in charge regardless of which show.  He's the EP, it's more about who they get as show runners for the different series after that.  Either way, Discovery is done with it's next season, Picard is done with this one.  They'll have to do something to fill in the gap left behind by those 2 shows.   I expect something new, just not how much new.  We talking one new series or two?   I'd be down with a spin-off Titan-A series after this.  Maybe some Warf spy mini-series to. 

• Like 3

Actually, one thing that got me wondering, since DISCO confirmed the existence of the kelvin universe, why hasn't there been mention of Spock's disappearance in PIC?

Only thinking this because the Kelvin/JJ Verse is still technically canon too due to DISCO...

On 26/03/2023 at 00:02, Matthew S. said:

Actually, one thing that got me wondering, since DISCO confirmed the existence of the kelvin universe, why hasn't there been mention of Spock's disappearance in PIC?

Only thinking this because the Kelvin/JJ Verse is still technically canon too due to DISCO...

Probably top secret.

On 26/03/2023 at 11:15, PeterTHX said:

Probably top secret.

More like they just don't want to keep reminding people of it... If they don't keep bringing it up, it can stay nicely vague.

On 27/03/2023 at 16:47, FloatingFatMan said:

More like they just don't want to keep reminding people of it... If they don't keep bringing it up, it can stay nicely vague.

No matter what they say there will people who complain.  I rather it left vague for when they are confident in an idea.  

On 25/03/2023 at 23:49, PeterTHX said:

First Contact Day is coming up. The 4K UHD discs of the TNG films will be released that week, I also expect announcements about new projects.

4K TNG??!?!??!?!  Brain cant handle.  

• Like 1

On 28/03/2023 at 15:32, DramaInc said:

I doubt it.  Reviews will tell.  

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love it to be good, and I do somewhat feel that the days of crappy cash grab upscales are behind us as a fad…

On 28/03/2023 at 12:29, Dick Montage said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love it to be good, and I do somewhat feel that the days of crappy cash grab upscales are behind us as a fad…

Me too.  I think they know Star Trek fans are extremely picky though.  They're selling to the true fans and must know a crappy remaster wont do. 

On 28/03/2023 at 02:41, Dick Montage said:

Potential cash grab, may be a crappy upscale, hope not

All the TNG films were shot...on FILM. There is no upscaling being done here.

Not to mention, even 4K Discs of movies "locked" to 2K have better color, better compression, and HDR. There are very very few 4K titles that somehow look "worse" than their 2K Blu-ray versions, and even then a lot of time it's a display issue. Those 4K discs separate the good displays from the mediocre. 

The 4K masters have been shown in 1080p already on HBO MAX, and they look wonderful with the grain intact and not scrubbed away, as well as no edge enhancement.

• Thanks 1

It could get the Motion Picture treatment,  I don't own a bluray player, well, wait, I guess my Series X counts.  Still, I don't buy discs anymore.

On 29/03/2023 at 09:21, George P said:

It could get the Motion Picture treatment,  I don't own a bluray player, well, wait, I guess my Series X counts.  Still, I don't buy discs anymore.

Too bad, Video and audio is superior on disc.  Double/triple the video bitrate and the audio is lossless 7.1 rather than lossy 5.1 for the TREK films.

On 29/03/2023 at 14:31, PeterTHX said:

Too bad, Video and audio is superior on disc.  Double/triple the video bitrate and the audio is lossless 7.1 rather than lossy 5.1 for the TREK films.

I bet there are some pretty high quality rips out there.   I don't think there's anything specifically locked to the disc that increases quality.  

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 29/03/2023 at 12:59, DramaInc said:

I bet there are some pretty high quality rips out there.   I don't think there's anything specifically locked to the disc that increases quality.  

Yeah, if you don't mind stealing and making the market weaker for high quality releases. 🙄

On 30/03/2023 at 18:17, Steven P. said:

Well this week's episode was great as well.

Hide contents

Hope Tuvok is okay!

Spoiler

OMG OMG OMG OMG