Star Trek: Picard (CBS All Access)

On 26/04/2023 at 02:04, Pork Chopper said:

How do you know it was the Borg Queen?  Ignoring the fact that it would give away the plot (as if we didn't know the Borg were the real bad guys) why would the Borg Queen disguise herself when speaking to Vadic?

It was the Borg queen, that is established and not up for debate. However why she would disguise themselves - not really sure on that. My initial thought was that they were manipulating the changelings, not showing their true hand but then again, we know Vadic was aware it was the Borg, by her reference to Seven.

Maybe it was a way of not being detected, but yeah - seems unnecessary beyond storytelling and obfuscating the truth from the viewer.

On 26/04/2023 at 08:16, Dick Montage said:

It was the Borg queen, that is established and not up for debate. However why she would disguise themselves - not really sure on that. My initial thought was that they were manipulating the changelings, not showing their true hand but then again, we know Vadic was aware it was the Borg, by her reference to Seven.

Maybe it was a way of not being detected, but yeah - seems unnecessary beyond storytelling and obfuscating the truth from the viewer.

I figured it was just because it was changeling goo being used to represent the comms image, rather than a holograph, and they didn't really need full resolution just for a chat...

On 22/04/2023 at 17:17, Dick Montage said:

The bridge module is interchangeable within the top of the saucer section. My guess is that the Generation bridge (which yes is very different) was irreplaceable and so they used an older part.

On 26/04/2023 at 11:26, FloatingFatMan said:

I figured it was just because it was changeling goo being used to represent the comms image, rather than a holograph, and they didn't really need full resolution just for a chat...

Oh that was absolutely my interpretation too, but I mean - feels like an odd thing to do…

Now we just have to wait to see if this gets a spin-off show.  Come on Enterprise G!    I'm down for some adventures with Captain Seven, #1 Raffi and Jack, which if they do another little time skip could be a commander in rank, or Lt. Cmdr.   

On 27/04/2023 at 04:47, George P said:

Now we just have to wait to see if this gets a spin-off show.  Come on Enterprise G!    I'm down for some adventures with Captain Seven, #1 Raffi and Jack, which if they do another little time skip could be a commander in rank, or Lt. Cmdr.   

I'm down if they dump Raffi. That character is just annoying.  Jack could be interesting to explore further...

On 27/04/2023 at 16:49, Zathras5 said:

I'm down if they dump Raffi. That character is just annoying.  Jack could be interesting to explore further...

Mate, I so absolutely agree.  She reminds me way too much of people I have known.  People who have had addiction issues and keep talking about how they have overcome them, in an almost "better than you cos you've never had such issues" way and yet STILL seem to be spun out and in ###### situations because they make ridiculous choices.  That character angers me at a really personal level - plus she looks like she smells quite bad of stale cigarettes, cheap liquor and sweat.

On 27/04/2023 at 18:49, Zathras5 said:

I don't know if that would happen seeing how it ended and she's part of the crew.  Might be fine though, they just have to work on her character better.  Comes down to the writers on that one.

On 27/04/2023 at 15:08, Steven P. said:

Get your tissues ready to wipe away the tears

This ###### we can do today with computers and AI is amazing....

• 8 months later...
On 09/01/2024 at 19:59, primortal said:

If it's not just a cameo, a more fitting end to the TNG cast than Nemesis?

Star Trek VI was a great curtain call for the original cast, although Shatner had quite a big role in Generations.

It makes me wonder if it will become a vehicle to promote whatever Legacy turns out to be and was heavily hinted at the end of Picard S3.

• Like 1

On 09/01/2024 at 14:10, Steven P. said:

If it's not just a cameo, a more fitting end to the TNG cast than Nemesis?

Star Trek VI was a great curtain call for the original cast, although Shatner had quite a big role in Generations.

It makes me wonder if it will become a vehicle to promote whatever Legacy turns out to be and was heavily hinted at the end of Picard S3.

I'm hoping they announce Legacy soon and not wait for a movie to kick it off.

Also, I hope that Paramount doesn't merge with Warner Bros/Discovery because David Zaslav will kill the franchise.

On 09/01/2024 at 19:14, primortal said:

Also, I hope that Paramount doesn't merge with Warner Bros/Discovery because David Zaslav will kill the franchise.

Some of us think it's already dead 🤪

On 09/01/2024 at 11:14, primortal said:

There's a part of me that hopes that Paramount does merge with them...a small part, but a part.

Only because that would mean Paramount titles would finally be available on Movies Anywhere.

Make it so.

Oh, the Mavity!

On 09/01/2024 at 21:14, primortal said:

I doubt they'd kill it, the stuff he has killed had to go, and WB is better off for it right now.  Also one less streaming service out there, we can have Paramount+ move all it's stuff into MAX.