Early last year I started a bridalwear photo project with a view to grow it, it's been a rolling success!

mrk

I thought it be good to share this little project here as can see a lot of posts about ideas  and things. Last year I decded to kick start a new project. I shoot weddings (among many other things) and as it's hard to trying new ideas and techniques on an actual wedding, I wanted to do this in free time and bring onboard other professionals like hair/makeup, dress suppliers and most importantly, a model!

Regarding the latter, I tried various time for print modelling sites in the past and most of them seem to be quite wooden and the portraits just didn't have a sense of connection between subject, camera and myself. I like my portraits to feel natural, even if posed. I had a few friends who I thought might be great in front og the camera and asked them if they wanted to join in the project, they were excited, and so we began.

To date, I've done around 6 or 7 shoots now spanning around Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. A great learning experience too trying out new styles, locations and things. I've got a really good makeup artist who does hair and makeup, along with a couple of dress suppliers who provide wedding dresses. Essentially we have ended up helping each other out for the greater good, and getting some nice images for social media and promotions out of it.

Most recently I took a friend over to the Isle of Wight this weekend and we spent a day shooting at Osborne House in continuation of my bridal dress shoot project that started early last year. What an amazing place, being in the very room Queen Victoria used as he living room sipping tea and even her bedroom currently off limits to public!

Anyway, pics, Mandy has never done anything like this before, but was really fun!

Hair & Make-up done by the amazing ladies at Georgina Chambers MUA:
_26A3166.jpg

The events management helped out throughout the day, they were supremely awesome:
_26A3227.jpg

One of the alcove bits below the house:
_26A3229.jpg

Closer with the 85mm 1.4:
_26A3273.jpg_26A3278_Edit.jpg

The flower garden in front is quite vast and impressive:
_26A3339_Edit.jpg

Back in with the 85mm:
_26A3372.jpg

Dress change for some ideas on the private beach:
_26A3551_Edit.jpg_26A3535.jpg

Veil in the wind on the beach!
_26A3511.jpg

Said beach (phone pic):
20190623_151146.jpg

The double sided staircase on the side of the garden is really nice, reminds me of somewhere in Greece/Italy (phone pic):
20190623_141111.jpg

DSLR version:
_26A3432.jpg

Weird faces selfie :p
20190623_145818_1.jpg

As for previous shoots, here's a selection of my fav ones:

The Needles, IoW:
44501145811_e13ce98499_b.jpg

The viewpoint from the above location:
44501146421_3a98a0889f_b.jpg

43611649945_eb18a0fd77_b.jpg

On top of Blackgang Chine:
46755030875_8b45a4a6df_b.jpg

Headon Warren (The Needles opposite side):
[https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/33809010438_a09efe6639_b.jpg/img]

32764662717_49f96d64c1_b.jpg

39777102924_b750f0f7bd_b.jpg

26634340198_bf52f62273_b.jpg

The ladies at Georgina Chambers MUA are fantastic! Always look forward to visiting them.

28481232698_087b0f0804_b.jpg

More to come I guess as new shoots progress!

• Like 4
+Dick Montage

Great work and it's awesome you managed to turn a passion into a career!

• Like 1
mrk
23 minutes ago, Human.Online said:

Great work and it's awesome you managed to turn a passion into a career!

Thank you! It's actually my second job as I tend to do weddings every so often. I think this is what keeps it a passion for me, means I can focus on the shoots I do without having to worry about not shooting a wedding every week to pay bills etc!

It's very hard these days to be a full time photographer as everyone seems to be doing it and charging far less!

• Like 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By News Staff
      Pay What You Want for the Photography Bundle Assets
      by Steven Parker

Today's highlighted deal comes via our Online Courses section of the Neowin Deals store, where you can Pay What You Want for the Photography Bundle Assets. Create a stunning website for your blog or business with beautiful photos of food, nature, people, city life and more.

What's the deal?
      With the Pay What You Want bundles, you can get something incredible for as little as you want to pay. And if you beat the average price, you’ll receive the fully upgraded bundle! Included in this Pay What You Want deal, are the following courses:

Pay What You Want (as little as $1) for the following course:

People Bundle
      Incorporate the Beauty of Human Life to Your Website with 8 Photos of People

Beat the average price to get the following courses as well:

Food & Drinks Bundle
      Use High-Quality Photos of Luscious Foods for Your Food Website/Blog

Nature & Animals Bundle
      Use Over 24 High-Resolution Photos of Nature & Animals to Design Your Website

Things Bundle
      Add Random Surprises to Your Website with These 14 High-Resolution Photos of Things

Urban Transport Bundle
      Give Your Website the Metropolitan Touch with These Photos of Urban Transportation & Scenes

Good to know
      Max number of devices: 99 Length of time users can access this course: lifetime Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase Here's the deal:
      The bundle represents an overall retail value of $305 But you can Pay What You Want for the unlocked courses (as little as $1) Beat the average price and you'll take home the entire bundle. Qualify for the giveaway!
      Beat the Leader's price and get entered into the epic giveaway—plus get featured on the leaderboard!

Pay What You Want for the Photography Bundle Assets
      See other Pay What You Want deals. This is a time-limited offer that ends soon.
      Get $1 credit for every $25 spent · Give $10, Get $10 · 10% off for first-time buyers.

Not for you?
      That's OK, there are other deals on offer you can check out here.

Home Gym Giveaway | Ultimate Gaming Giveaway (feat. PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X) Ivacy VPN - 5 year subscription for just $1 per month NordVPN - 2 year subscription at up to 68% off Private Internet Access VPN - subscriptions at up to 71% off Unlocator VPN or SmartDNS - unblock Geoblock with 7-day free trial Neowin Store for our preferred partners. Subscribe to Neowin - for $14 a year, or $28 a year for Ad-Free experience Disable Sponsored posts · Neowin Deals · Free eBooks · Neowin Store

Disclosure: This is a StackCommerce deal or giveaway in partnership with Neowin; an account at StackCommerce is required to participate in any deals or giveaways. For a full description of StackCommerce's privacy guidelines, go here. Neowin benefits from shared revenue of each sale made through our branded deals site, and it all goes toward the running costs.

• By News Staff
      Save 97% off this Cooking and Baking Master Class Bundle
      by Steven Parker

Today's highlighted deal comes via our Online Courses section of the Neowin Deals store, where you can save 97% off this Cooking and Baking Master Class Bundle. Elevate your culinary skills and become an excellent chef with 12 hours of content on artisan baking, vegan cooking and food photography.

This deal consists of the following courses:

Sourdough Cooking Essentials: The Artisan Baking Course
      From Baking Sourdough Pizzas to Pastas & Even Artisan Burgers — The Ideal Cooking Class Essential Beginner Baking Course: Artisan Pastry & Desserts
      Learn How To Bake Brownies & Tart Pastries To Cinnamon Rolls at Home Achieve Sourdough Baking Mastery: Artisan Bread & Pastry
      Explore the Incredible World of Sourdough Baking Superfood Nutrition: 60+ Best Foods For Health & Longevity
      The Healthiest Foods To Boost Your Diet For Faster Weight Loss, Muscle Building & More Quick & Easy Vegan Cooking
      Learn How to Cook Healthy, Plant-Based Meals from Vegan Recipe Developer Nikki Vranjican Truly Beautiful Food Photography: My Exciting Master Class
      Finally Capture the Personality of Your Food Creations Pizza Making: Bake The Best Sourdough Pizza At Home
      Professional Chef Tim Cunningham Teaches You Pizza Making at Home Good to know
      Certification of completion included Updates included Length of time users can access this course: lifetime Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase For a full description, specs, and instructor info, click here.

Here's the deal:
      This Cooking and Baking Master Class Bundle normally costs* $1,400, but you can pick it up for just $29.99 for a limited time - that represents a saving of $1,370.01 (97%) off.

Get this deal, or learn more about it
      See all discounted Online Courses. This is a time-limited offer.
      Get $1 credit for every $25 spent · Give $10, Get $10 · 10% off for first-time buyers.

Not for you?
      That's OK, there are other deals on offer you can check out here.

Home Gym Giveaway | Ultimate Gaming Giveaway (feat. PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X) Ivacy VPN - 5 year subscription for just $1 per month NordVPN - 2 year subscription at up to 68% off Private Internet Access VPN - subscriptions at up to 71% off Unlocator VPN or SmartDNS - unblock Geoblock with 7-day free trial Neowin Store for our preferred partners. Subscribe to Neowin - for $14 a year, or $28 a year for Ad-Free experience Disable Sponsored posts · Neowin Deals · Free eBooks · Neowin Store

Disclosure: This is a StackCommerce deal or giveaway in partnership with Neowin; an account at StackCommerce is required to participate in any deals or giveaways. For a full description of StackCommerce's privacy guidelines, go here. Neowin benefits from shared revenue of each sale made through our branded deals site, and it all goes toward the running costs.

• By Ather Fawaz
      Researchers have captured the world's first 3,200-megapixel image
      by Ather Fawaz

Image via SLAC Researchers at the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory at Stanford, California have captured the world's largest single-shot image. Comprised of 3,200 megapixels (MP), the image was captured using an array of 189 imaging sensors that are being developed to be integrated into the world’s largest digital camera that is currently under construction at SLAC.

Image via SLAC The gargantuan sensor required to capture 3,200 MP shots is more than two feet wide and its focal plane is enormous, large enough to capture the size of a portion of a sky equivalent to 40 full moons. Strictly speaking, the sensor contains 189 individual 16MP sensors, or charge-coupled devices (CCDs), and each individual pixel is about 10 microns wide. To put this all into perspective:

Using this gargantuan sensor, the researchers captured a variety of different subjects, including the intricate head of Romanesco (broccoli) and a photo of Vera Rubin, who was one of the key figures in the discovery of dark matter. Given the size of the photos, the team has developed a web app that will allow you to check out the incredibly detailed pictures. You may click on the links below to be redirected to the photo viewer.

Head of Romanesco Flammarion engraving Vera Rubin LSST Camera team photos Logos of institutions involved in the LSST Camera project Image via SLAC These pictures are were taken as a test-run once the initial assembly of the image sensor was completed at SLAC Laboratory. The raison d'être for this sensor, however, is at the Vera C. Rubin Observatory in Chile in mid-2021, where it will produce one panoramic image of the complete Southern sky every few nights for 10 years, capturing over 20 billion galaxies. The aim of this entire initiative is to further our understanding of dark matter, dark energy, and the cosmos in general. For more details, you may check out this webpage.

• By News Staff
      Save 90% off this Master Product Photography Course - now only $19.99
      by Steven Parker

Today's highlighted deal comes via our Online Courses section of the Neowin Deals store, where for only a limited time, you can save 90% off this Master Product Photography Course. From catalog to big-budget ads! This 20-hour tutorial covers all the equipment, camera, lightning, and other essentials in shooting products like a pro.

Product photography is a mainstay for many studios. Tony Roslund gives a thorough understanding of photographing products for catalogs, editorial use, small business, and large commercial clients. This tutorial covers all the equipment, cameras, lenses, lighting, modifiers, and other essential tools on set that you need to create images to move your product or service. With 12 different photoshoots, you will see all of this equipment in action. Whether you are an experienced pro or just learning about photography, this course will teach you how to be a successful product photographer.

Access 55 lectures & 20 hours of content 24/7 Go over the basics of photography including cameras, lighting, workflow & more Know the different types of photography & how to do it Build a product portfolio, attract new clients & win bigger jobs Good to know
      Length of time users can access this course: lifetime Certification of completion included Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase For terms, certification and instructor info, click here.

What's the benefit?
      This Master Product Photography Course normally costs $199 but it can be yours for only $19.99, that's a saving of $179.01 (90%) off!

>> Get this deal, or learn more about it <<
      See all Online Courses on offer. This is a time limited deal.

Not for you?
      If this offer doesn't interest you, why not check out the following offers:

The Nintendo Gaming Bundle Giveaway 20% off Ivacy VPN subscription with coupon code IVACY20 NordVPN subscription at up to 70% off Private Internet Access VPN subscription at up to 71% off Unlocator VPN or SmartDNS unblock Geoblock with 7-day free trial Disable Sponsored posts · Other recent deals · Preferred partner software

• By News Staff
      Save 97% off the Professional's Guide to Photography Bundle
      by Steven Parker

Today's highlighted deal comes via our Online Courses section of the Neowin Deals store, where you can save 97% off the Professional's Guide to Photography Bundle. Capture stunning images & process them for even better results with 38 hours of expert-led content on photography and photoshop editing.

What's the deal?
      This bundle consists of the following courses:

Intro to Portrait Retouching in Photoshop
      Create Flawless Images by Learning How to Smooth Skin, Remove Blemishes, Clean Up Hair, Dodge & Burn, and More Intro to Photoshop Compositing for Beginners
      Seamlessly Blend Multiple Images Together Using the Magic of Photoshop! The Beginner's Guide to Photoshop
      Get Started with Photoshop & Learn How to Change and Remove Backgrounds, Color Grade Photos, Create Graphics, and More Studio Portrait Photography
      The Art & Craft of Capturing Beautiful Studio Portraits The Ultimate Guide to Digital SLR Photography
      Everything About Your Camera, Flash, Composition, Lighting, Action & Much More! Photography Master Class
      Take Your Photography Skills to the Next Level & Take Better Photos The Complete Wedding Photography Course
      Make a Living By Capturing Memories of Your Clients' Special Day After Effects for Photography
      Create Unique, Stunning Effects for Your Photographs That Make Your Work Stand Out Good to know
      Length of time users can access this course: lifetime Certification of completion included Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase For terms, certification and instructor info, click here.

What's the benefit?
      This Professional's Guide to Photography Bundle normally costs $1,592 but it can be yours for only $39.99, that's a saving of $1,552.01 (97%) off!

>> Get this deal, or learn more about it <<
      See all Online Courses on offer. This is a time limited deal.

Not for you?
      If this offer doesn't interest you, why not check out the following offers:

The Nintendo Gaming Bundle Giveaway 20% off Ivacy VPN subscription with coupon code IVACY20 NordVPN subscription at up to 70% off Private Internet Access VPN subscription at up to 71% off Unlocator VPN or SmartDNS unblock Geoblock with 7-day free trial Disable Sponsored posts · Other recent deals · Preferred partner software