Marvel reveals massive Phase Four film and television slate

Marvel reveals massive Phase Four film and television slate

10 big projects through 2021

D_9pGhRU8AIQx3K.0.jpeg

Marvel Studios’ Phase Four of its Marvel Cinematic Universe will include 10 movies and Disney + series when it launches next year, with 2021 looking especially crowded. President Kevin Feige appeared at San Diego Comic-Con for Marvel’s 90-minute appearance in Hall H, where he gave a pretty lengthy update on Phase 4.

The Phase Four slate that Marvel unveiled includes the following: Black Widow (May 1st, 2020), Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Fall 2020), The Eternals (November 6th, 2020), Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (February 12, 2021), WandaVision (Spring 2021), Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness (May 7th, 2021), Loki (Spring 2021), What If (Summer 2021), Hawkeye (Fall 2021), and Thor: Love and Thunder (November 5th, 2021). Feige made a surprise announcement at the end saying that he didn’t have time to address where the Fantastic Four or X-Men would end up in the franchise, but that one additional project will be Blade, which will feature Mahershala Ali...

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/20/20702328/marvel-disney-plus-thor-eternals-doctor-strange-wandavision-hawkeye-black-widow-san-diego-comic-con

Future Marvel projects will include the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Captain Marvel 2

Some more projects to look forward to beyond 2021 and Phase 4

Marvel President Kevin Feige just unveiled a packed slate of projects that represent the next phase of Marvel’s Cinematic Universe, including sequels, original projects, and television shows, but he also announced that they’ve got plenty more to come beyond 2021, including sequels to Black Panther and Captain Marvel, as well as with other properties, like the X-Men and Fantastic Four.

At the end of Marvel’s Hall H presentation at San Diego Comic-Con, Feige announced that Black Panther 2, Blade, Captain Marvel 2, Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Fantastic Four, and Mutants are all happening — they just don’t have dates confirmed yet.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/20/20702391/marvel-cinematic-universe-phase-5-x-men-mutants-fantastic-four-captain-marvel-2-black-panther

• Like 2

While this is kind of cool I think that at the rate they're trying to go their gonna have so much stuff for people to keep up with that it might actually push people away.

One or two movies a year? Sure that's easy. But 10 different things in the space of 2 years? That's a little too much.

Seen them all since Iron Man through to End Game, that be it for me. Disney is now just milking it and yes fans will watch but as many said, it's too many now. I heard Blade will be Phase 5?

Dr Strange and Thor the rest are garbage to me. Black Widow and Hawkeye... really? Does anyone actually like either of those useless characters? They are the worst part of the avengers movies as they always immediately break the immersion. "Why are those humans with zero armor and no powers not dead? Like immediately, over and over." I can mostly let Iron Man go (and the momentum that should smash his brain into his big toe) because he's awesome.

Cue the words "forced diversity" for the next 2 years. Can't wait.

It is kinda a given that more movies will be coming. I personally think it would be better if they would switch from the MCU that exists and focus on the new X-Men universe for a decade and bring them together... but there is billions to be made.

• 1 year later...

Phase 4 trailer....

....and timeline:

"Black Widow" – July 9, 2021

"Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings" – September 3, 2021

"Eternals" – November 5, 2021

"Spider-Man: No Way Home" – December 17, 2021

"Doctor Strange In the Multiverse of Madness" – March 25, 2022

"Thor: Love and Thunder" – May 6, 2022

"Black Panther: Wakanda Forever" – July 8, 2022

"The Marvels" – November 11, 2022

"Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania" – February 17, 2023

"Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 3" – May 5, 2023

??? Maybe ??? "Fantastic 4" – No date yet

• Jim K unlocked this topic
16 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Phase 4 trailer....

Almost looks like they are hinting at Fantastic Four even though this is about Phase 4 of the MCU ;)

image.thumb.png.53f271a75033dccaf18a3cc43c15aa65.png

2 minutes ago, primortal said:

Almost looks like they are hinting at Fantastic Four even though this is about Phase 4 of the MCU ;)

image.thumb.png.53f271a75033dccaf18a3cc43c15aa65.png

I don't think it is "Phase 4" ... I believe it is Fantastic 4.  Disney acquired Fox so a F4 movie is gonna happen at some point.

Then again....you could be right.  I updated my post with a "?"  :)

I'm interested in a few of those but honestly I'm kind of tired/burned out of Marvel now.  

24 minutes ago, George P said:

I'm interested in a few of those but honestly I'm kind of tired/burned out of Marvel now.  

Spider Man, Dr Strange, Ant Man, and Guardians are the 4 I'm looking forward to from that list. The others don't particularly interest me at this point.

Thor and Black Panther will probably be good, they're just not at the top of my list.

11 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

Spider Man, Dr Strange, Ant Man, and Guardians are the 4 I'm looking forward to from that list. The others don't particularly interest me at this point.

Thor and Black Panther will probably be good, they're just not at the top of my list.

I think it's wrong for them to go so hard on the movies.  But hey, if they feel that fans aren't burned out yet then no reason to hold back to.   I'm getting their though, tbh.

Just now, George P said:

I think it's wrong for them to go so hard on the movies.  But hey, if they feel that fans aren't burned out yet then no reason to hold back to.   I'm getting their though, tbh.

I think that's why they're stretching the timelines so much for each character but I feel ya. Hollywood in general just seems out of ideas and has resorted to rehashing it feels like. Nothing is truly new anymore when it comes to the big screen.