Russia Instagram influencer Ekaterina Karaglanova found dead in suitcase

Russia Instagram influencer Ekaterina Karaglanova found dead in suitcase

A prominent Russian Instagram influencer has been found dead with knife wounds in a suitcase in her rented apartment in Moscow, police say.

Ekaterina Karaglanova, 24, was discovered on Friday after her family raised the alarm when she failed to contact them for several days.

Ms Karaglanova, who had more than 85,000 followers on Instagram, had also recently graduated as a doctor.

Police said they were investigating jealousy as a possible motive.

Ms Karaglanova had recently started a new relationship and had planned a holiday to The Netherlands to celebrate her birthday on 30 July, according to Russian daily Moskovsky Komsomolets (MK).

But her parents grew concerned when attempts to contact her in the days leading up to her trip had failed.

They then contacted her landlord and requested access to her apartment, where they found a suitcase containing her body in the hallway. Her father requested an ambulance, but Ms Karaglanov was reportedly already dead with a slit throat.

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49163169

This, not long after Bianca Devins too.. another e-girl/Instagram influencer with a lot of followers, and again they believe this happened due to jealousy.

It is sad, so young :(  

With just 85,000 followers, she's hardly "prominent".

Anyways, they've caught the suspect and he's cooperating with the investigation. 

"She repeatedly insulted me, humiliated my sexual dignity, and downplayed my financial capabilities. I could not stand it."

Apparently, the killer had a very good career in top IT management. One that allowed him to make numerous plastic surgeries to become more likable to girls.

A psycho indeed.