The Mandalorian

I don't care who the story revolves around as long as it's got a good story and it's entertaining.

SPAGHETTI WESTERN........IN SPACE!!!!

I'm quite digging the series in general. When I first saw the baby yoda I thought, "urgh, really? Do you have to make that link to the Star Wars universe?" but much like he has grown on the Mandalorian he has grown on me.

I have watched the first 3 episodes and IMO, it is just ok.  Has not really excited me or fully captured my interest.  Also disappointed the episodes were 30min long.  The last episode I watched where they trained the village to fight back seemed rushed to fit it into the time allocated for the episode.

Overall, not very impressed.

I'm starting to get annoyed at how short the episodes are. Episode 5 was short yet awesome, I want more! And at the same time it makes me realize that there was no real progression in the storyline, I hope episode 6 changes things.

Episodes should be an hour long.  They are trying to pack to much in to 30 minutes.  I will give it the season, but so far not impressed with what Disney is putting out.

Started watching Watchmen and so far, tons better than The Madalorian.

I think the pace is by design, they've said it's more like the old westerns but in space.  They're pretty much like this if you've ever watch any of them before.  I agree the eps are short but I think they filmed the whole thing as a whole movie and then just went back and edited into 8 eps.  I really think it should be watched all together as one long movie.

2 hours ago, George P said:

Just saw episode 6, it was one of the better ones IMO.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. It was a bit weird seeing Bill Burr and hearing Richard Ayoade, but I think they did well.

1 hour ago, Nick H. said:

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. It was a bit weird seeing Bill Burr and hearing Richard Ayoade, but I think they did well.

It just shows the silly level of fandom for star wars that even someone as Bill Burr would do a part.  Outside of his standup I've only ever seen him act on old Chapelle show skits.

Ep6 was by far the worst I've seen so far. No idea why anyone could or would ignore the horrible acting by the other characters in that Ep.

13 minutes ago, sava700 said:

Ep6 was by far the worst I've seen so far. No idea why anyone could or would ignore the horrible acting by the other characters in that Ep.

I thought the acting was just fine.

It's an odd thing, the initial couple of episodes were interesting but I think they rushed things (just like they did with the Han Solo movie).  There is no way for the character to build up as he is already a 'bad ass' and I think that detracts from the story.

I would've much more preferred if they explained further what happened when the empire collapsed and how it affected their people.  Perhaps dedicated an entire season to different/unusual bounty missions to establish his reputation rather than some 'flashbacks'.

And yes, I wish they'd drop the western in space routine.  It was OK to use once/twice, but it's getting tired...

16 hours ago, Nogib said:

I didn't even recognize that was Clancy Brown as Burg lol.

Really?  His voice is hard to forget, specially for me.  I'll never forget seeing him for the first time in Highlander.

• 2 weeks later...

Really dug the last two episodes ... especially the season finale.  Looking forward to season 2.

Greef Karga "But you're Mandalorian"

Cars Dune "Mandalorian isn't a race"

Mando "It's a creed"

pgmsol3sahvvjzczbsf5.thumb.png.c4783abf3dd1872a53da242472815175.png

OK so the whole season was just working towards the inevitable helmet off reveal, kay.. and imo the IG-11 was able to show more emotion in that last one episode than the mandalorian managed in the entire season. I'm just not invested. Eye candy but if it got cancelled I wouldn't miss it, far better shows have been cancelled (SG Universe, Dark Matter, Enterprise, Firefly, et al).

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jim K said:

Really dug the last two episodes ... especially the season finale.  Looking forward to season 2.

Greef Karga "But you're Mandalorian"

Cars Dune "Mandalorian isn't a race"

Mando "It's a creed"

pgmsol3sahvvjzczbsf5.thumb.png.c4783abf3dd1872a53da242472815175.png

Well played.  Well played indeed!  BRAVO!

The last 2 eps were quite good, along with the first one.  The rest are debatable though.  I think it could've just as well been 6 eps with each being a bit longer in turn.  

• Like 1