The Mandalorian

20 hours ago, Nick H. said:

Oh, speaking of episode 2. Did anyone else see the eggs and think, "oh god, please don't shoehorn Xenomorphs into the SW universe..." :laugh:

They were actually based on old concept art from empire strikes backs...

zfTTH3p.jpg

9 minutes ago, Zathras5 said:

They were actually based on old concept art from empire strikes backs...

Huh, neat! Although I meant more about how the eggs opened and then we saw the legs all curled up. For me it reminded me straight away of the first Alien film with the face-huggers.

That's cool about ESB, though! I did start thinking about Hoth when the Razor Crest first dipped below the clouds.

And again with an Alien reference, when I realised they were spiders I thought, "NOPE! Nuke that place from orbit." :laugh:

On 20/11/2020 at 20:58, Son_Of_Dad said:

To quote Mando "That's not saying much"

Mandalorian succeeds because like the earlier Star Wars movies it borrows from successful Westerns and samurai shows. From there it comes up with storylines that are well-paced and with characterization developed across several episodes.

On 20/11/2020 at 22:02, FloatingFatMan said:

Welp... This weeks episode had a MASSIVE plot dump! Now we know what's going on at last!

I'm glad you do, I'm still a bit lost! :laugh: Is Gideon trying to transplant midi-chlorians into Stormtroopers?

I read an article that said Gina Carano has got herself into some hot water on Twitter recently, causing some doubts about if she will keep returning in the series. But I guess with the way the episode ended they don't have to keep bringing her back.

1 hour ago, Nick H. said:

I'm glad you do, I'm still a bit lost! :laugh: Is Gideon trying to transplant midi-chlorians into Stormtroopers?

That's what it looks like.  Dark Forces Troopers.  Think back to the first ID Engine Star Wars game.

1 hour ago, Nick H. said:

I read an article that said Gina Carano has got herself into some hot water on Twitter recently, causing some doubts about if she will keep returning in the series. But I guess with the way the episode ended they don't have to keep bringing her back.

It's more SJW's trying to "cancel" her because of some nonsense to do with her NOT using gender pronouns or something like that.

• Like 3

Pedro Pascal is an awesome actor. Loved him on the Netflix series "Narcos". Here's an interview with The Mandalorian himself.

On 24/11/2020 at 04:34, FloatingFatMan said:

It's more SJW's trying to "cancel" her because of some nonsense to do with her NOT using gender pronouns or something like that.

I doubt those complaining even watch the show simply the perpetually outraged needing to waste time & the media fueling them

• Like 1

Well... That was just... AWESOME!!

Spoiler

Dawson looked fantastic as Ahsoka Tano and I felt she did a really good job with her body language etc in portraying the character. They also did a great job of portraying Ahsoka's skill and agility with light sabers.

• Like 2

OMG!

Spoiler

Where is your Master? Where is Grand Admiral Thrawn! That alone can be a spinoff series. It could even show what happened to Ezra!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xenon said:

OMG!

Hide contents

Where is your Master? Where is Grand Admiral Thrawn! That alone can be a spinoff series. It could even show what happened to Ezra!

I suspect Filoni is planning to bring as much as his own "Filoni" verse, and even some of the old EU unto Mandalorian, and probably any spin offs, as he can get away with.

Something else just occurred to me. 

Spoiler

Din (the Mandalorian) now has a anti-dark saber weapon. That beskar spear can stop a lightsaber. So it should work on the dark saber.

• Like 1

There is a good chance we will see Luke Skywalker at some point. This is 5 years after Return of The Jedi so technically, Luke, Han, Chewy and all of them are still alive. It will be interesting to see if Mark Hamills makes a cameo appearance.

By the way, Michael Biehn has gotten old. My God.

26 minutes ago, spacelordmaster said:

There is a good chance we will see Luke Skywalker at some point. This is 5 years after Return of The Jedi so technically, Luke, Han, Chewy and all of them are still alive. It will be interesting to see if Mark Hamills makes a cameo appearance.

is that hicks or hudson i can never remember 😂

Im hoping it might be samuel jackson's mace as you never see him die in ep1

would love a spin off with Thrawn, 

6 hours ago, spacelordmaster said:

I hope not! At least in the Mandalorian. Let it happen in a spin off series.

And yea Michael Biehn did really age. 

I really loved Michael Biehn as Johnny Ringo on Tombstone. He nailed that character. How time flies. So sad to see him get so old.

5e8dc17684a08c660eef4d21_o_U_v2.jpg

michael-biehn-medium.jpg

michael-biehn-on-the-mandalorian-season-2-who-is-new-actor-joining-cast.jpg

So I watched Season 2 Episode 1 and it was super boring and ridiculous. "Give me your armor", "no", "I aint asking", "ok but do me a massive favour first even though you don't need to at all and there is legit no reason for you to have any motivation whatsoever to do so", "ok". Then I look up episode 2 and apparently it's worse... Do I chug along? Episode 1 felt like a chore.

17 minutes ago, astropheed said:

So I watched Season 2 Episode 1 and it was super boring and ridiculous. "Give me your armor", "no", "I aint asking", "ok but do me a massive favour first even though you don't need to at all and there is legit no reason for you to have any motivation whatsoever to do so", "ok". Then I look up episode 2 and apparently it's worse... Do I chug along? Episode 1 felt like a chore.

Tip #1.  Never ever ever believe "professional" critics, especially with science fiction. They're all either hacks or SJW a-holes.

Tip #2.  Only continue to watch something if you enjoy it.  If you're bored already, go find something else to entertain you.  Personally, I'm loving it so far, but that's me not you. You do you.

• Like 1

For me, this show is utterly enriching the Star Wars galaxy.  It's familiar yet different and feels like an organic way of bringing some flesh to the weak cannon storylines post ROTJ.  Even the slowest episodes (for me - ep2) I enjoyed more than msot other current sci-fi.

On 20/11/2020 at 17:54, sweatshopking said:

Star wars and I'm not under the age of 14? Yeah, imma pass. 

And yet oddly, I feel compelled to suggest that you grow up.  Funny isn't it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Tip #1.  Never ever ever believe "professional" critics, especially with science fiction

I don't, checked out the user reviews.

48 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Personally, I'm loving it so far, but that's me not you. You do you.

That's what I was looking for. See "User Reviews" on imdb are completely useless as I can't verify the source. I know you, and you've said it's good. Which was what I asked, thanks for the tips.