The Mandalorian

1 hour ago, astropheed said:

So I watched Season 2 Episode 1 and it was super boring and ridiculous. "Give me your armor", "no", "I aint asking", "ok but do me a massive favour first even though you don't need to at all and there is legit no reason for you to have any motivation whatsoever to do so", "ok". Then I look up episode 2 and apparently it's worse... Do I chug along? Episode 1 felt like a chore.

I'm not sure anyone can answer that question for you unless we know what you're looking for in the series. I would say that if you're not a fan of the first episode then you're going to have a hard time with episode 2, but episode 3 was a good action episode, and episode 4 adds more to the greater story going on.

1 hour ago, astropheed said:

I don't, checked out the user reviews.

That's what I was looking for. See "User Reviews" on imdb are completely useless as I can't verify the source. I know you, and you've said it's good. Which was what I asked, thanks for the tips.

Well, I hope you enjoy it. :)  Sure the first ep was kinda slow, but they're setting things up for the rest of the season.  2 is also kinda slow as they still have some stuff to set up, though it does have a neat reference to Rebels in it.  From ep 3 is where it really starts to pick up.  I'm reasonably sure you'll really enjoy if from that point.  For me, 3, 4 and 5 have been totally jaw droppingly good, with both characters that show up AND some massive plot drops!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jim K said:

No...it's just ... weird IMO ... minimum effort was placed into the dialogue script.

Well, there's been a lot of rumours about Pascal having been somewhat angry during season 2 filming.  Issues over being under the impression no Mandalorian ever removes their helmet, and then Bo-Katan and colleagues doing so, and also issues about basically being upstaged by a puppet and guest stars in a show where HE is the lead...  (I can kinda see his point there...) So perhaps you're seeing him not putting his best effort in?

8 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Well, there's been a lot of rumours about Pascal having been somewhat angry during season 2 filming.  Issues over being under the impression no Mandalorian ever removes their helmet, and then Bo-Katan and colleagues doing so, and also issues about basically being upstaged by a puppet and guest stars in a show where HE is the lead...  (I can kinda see his point there...) So perhaps you're seeing him not putting his best effort in?

It's hard to feel all the way connected to a character that is just a helmet.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

It's hard to feel all the way connected to a character that is just a helmet.

I would agree, but at the end of the day, he knew what the job entailed and he signed that contract.  Clearly he didn't do his Star Wars lore research or he would have known Mandalorians DO remove their helmets!

1 minute ago, FloatingFatMan said:

I would agree, but at the end of the day, he knew what the job entailed and he signed that contract.  Clearly he didn't do his Star Wars lore research or he would have known Mandalorians DO remove their helmets!

I think it's a dumb rule, he doesn't even remove it when he's alone in his ship (or with baby yoda).

• Like 1

On 30/11/2020 at 18:42, FloatingFatMan said:

They had to explain the two differences somehow once Bo Katan was going to show up.  I think the show did enough with the lore explanation on the whole helmet thing, he's got a out later on, if he changes his "fanatic" ways then he can start to take it off.  Otherwise it'll be how it is and he'll just have to deal with it.

Man, ep5 made me wish the sequel trilogy wasn't so, average.    Hell, even Jedi Fallen Order has a better story going for it than the sequels.    I guess I'm still not over the fact they did Luke so wrong, IMO.   What a waste.  It's kind of funny/sad that the animated series/tv series/games side has done a better job compared the big budget movies at story telling.  

• Like 1

Just now, George P said:

Man, ep5 made me wish the sequel trilogy wasn't so, average.    Hell, even Jedi Fallen Order has a better story going for it than the sequels.    I guess I'm still not over the fact they did Luke so wrong, IMO.   What a waste.  It's kind of funny/sad that the animated series/tv series/games side has done a better job compared the big budget movies at story telling.  

didn't I hear that they're completely scrapping the new trilogy from the timeline and going to try again; this time with actual support from Lucas?

6 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

didn't I hear that they're completely scrapping the new trilogy from the timeline and going to try again; this time with actual support from Lucas?

George Lucas reveled some ideas he had about the last trilogy recently but no one is scrapping anything.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

There have been rumours of that, but whether it comes to pass is another matter altogether.  It won't happen as long as Kennedy is still at Disney. SHE is the main problem.

15 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

Woah. That's the first I've heard, although I guess I haven't been paying attention. I'd feel a bit sorry for the cast, but the story didn't really do anything for me.

38 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

First I heard of it as well but if they did do something like that kinda late for any of the original trilogy cast to come back, and I don't think they will.   Sucks but I'd even be open to the idea of recasting if it means I get a story that's worth it.  I think Lucas had a better vision of what the sequels could have been compared to what we got, shame.  And as much as the prequels get hated on, they have their place in the grand scheme of things, at least they fit better.   And the clone wars animated series is on point IMO.    I don't know much about Rebels but I think it does well to flush out the lore to.

At this point I'm hoping for a Jedi Fallen Order 2 for my next story fix as I have little faith in any of the big budget movies they have planned.

On 30/11/2020 at 02:18, NJ Louch said:

And yet oddly, I feel compelled to suggest that you grow up.  Funny isn't it...

haha i knew somebody would bite. Honestly, to each his own. Plenty of grown men like childish things, it's not my concern. 

6 hours ago, sweatshopking said:

haha i knew somebody would bite. Honestly, to each his own. Plenty of grown men like childish things, it's not my concern. 

Plenty of grown men are also so insecure in their masculinity that they have to call anyone who enjoys things they don't, childish.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sweatshopking said:

So you acknowledge your own insecurities.  That's always the first step.

• Like 2

I've seen a few posts, don't have the links right now, about plans already underway for a Ahsoka live action series after the newest episode boosted her popularity again.  She was always pretty popular from Clone Wars though.  Either way, if true, I'm interested in where this goes.    There's gaps between RoTJ and TFA that these series can help flush out more, and it'd be cool to bring in Clone wars and Rebels characters to live action IMO.

Spoiler

Boba kicks some major storm trooper butt. His armor doesn't look as cool as it did back in the day though... something's just off to me.

2 hours ago, Zathras5 said:
  Hide contents

Boba kicks some major storm trooper butt. His armor doesn't look as cool as it did back in the day though... something's just off to me.

Spoiler

It's been chewed and spit out of sand worm since RoTJ.   Who knows what it's been through, how many battles.  Anyways, I wonder who's going to answer that long distance force collect call?   And really, how long are they going to drag Grogou's plot for?  I mean is this still going to be going on into season 3?   I'd much rather then wrapped up his arc this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Did any of you watch season 2 finale? I don't want to spoil it for you guys that haven't seen it yet so I'm not saying, but there are 2 surprises there at the end.

It was absolutely awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - That's all I am going to say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2