Fonts and Colors in every post

LOL, not really though. Some members just don?t like the color posts. That is why I removed it yesterday, then some other members said they don?t mind and they think is cool. I took darkred because that doesn?t really disturb or isn?t a warnin:)font. :)

-Couch Potato?

LOL, not really though. Some members just don?t like the color posts. That is why I removed it yesterday, then some other members said they don?t mind and they think is cool. I took darkred because that doesn?t really disturb or isn?t a warn:)g font. :)

-Couch Potato?

whats wrong with black like the rest of the world?!

how about adding a hack, that gives mods an option to give their post a different colored background than the rest of the thread? like some light red shade. like this you can easily spot embedded warnings, while everyone else can screw around with the fonts and colors without being mistaken as mods.

Well, it is slightly different with Radish than it is with your posts. He has been doing it since the beginning. I dare you to find a post of his that doesn't end with "Radish?" at the end.

bull****!

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=...indpost&p=45886

since you "dared" and i poved you wrong, what will your punishment be? i say you should cut your wrists and bleed slow and painfull death.

All of your most recent posts are in Courier. I can easily find older posts of yours that aren't in Courier, so it makes it seem more like a fad in your case, because you just started it out of nowhere, whereas it's not a fad for Radish because he has done it from the beginning.
i can easily find people who were born before you..so what's your point?

obviously you don't know the meaning of the word "fad"

you obviously don't know the fad when bunch of members started stamping after their posts almost right after radish started doing it. alot of people were very annoyed by that.

events happen at different points in time. some things happen before the other. some things have no corelation to other.

radish was using for a while. i started using courier recently.

Also, this isn't questioning your reasons for using Courier in your posts in general, but moreso questioning why you have inly begun usingn it very recently.
if i desided to use it, it had to happen right? so it happened "very recently" as you put it.

i have no intention of stopping using this font. it's oldscool, it's protortial, which makes it easy to format msgs, it's easy to read. and it's not supposed to be aliase:pinch:h:

if i could, i'd much rather use fixedsys or terminal font.

Some of you people must have really bad eyes or monitors, and I'm colorblind too.

Dazzla must have a different type then me. Only thing that bothers me is yellow and I really don't think anybody can see it on a white background.

Courier looks fine here.

You people seriously complain about anything and everything...

bull****!

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=...indpost&p=45886

since you "dared" and i poved you wrong, what will your punishment be? i say you should cut your wrists and bleed slow and painfull death.

i can easily find people who were born before you..so what's your point?

obviously you don't know the meaning of the word "fad"

you obviously don't know the fad when bunch of members started stamping after their posts almost right after radish started doing it. alot of people were very annoyed by that.

events happen at different points in time. some things happen before the other. some things have no corelation to other.

radish was using for a while. i started using courier recently.

if i desided to use it, it had to happen right? so it happened "very recently" as you put it.

i have no intention of stopping using this font. it's oldscool, it's protortial, which makes it easy to format msgs, it's easy to read. and it's not supposed to be aliased :pinch:

if i could, i'd much rather use fixedsys or terminal font.

This should be interesting.

First of all, you had to look for a fairly long time, I'm sure, in order to find that (to a post that is even before the day you registered at Neowin, and coincidentally on the day that I registered at Neowin). I'm going to assume that Radish has since edited that post to include "Radish?" in it, so I'll give you that one. The point is, you would have to look very hard in order to find a post of his that doesn't end that way. I can guarantee you right now, and this is something you will be unable to disprove, that over 90% of your posts are not in your beloved Courier font. I'll say it again, the "?" fad may be a fad with some members, but it is most certainly not a fad with Radish. To be considered a fad (this also goes against your unfounded assumption that I do not know the meaning of "fad"), it has to fade in and fade out over time. It can alternatively be called a "craze". The Macarena was a fad. POG's were a fad. Tamagotchi was a fad. Surely you saw these fads come and go in the mid to late 90s, just as I did in New York City. You talk to me as if I'm completely oblivious to what goes on in this forum. I have seen many fads come and go in this forum, including the "?" fad.

You may call the general use of "?" a fad, and I will agree with you there, but in the case of Radish, it's not a fad. The definition of "fad" doesn't hold with Radish's use of it.

Now, I didn't have any harsh words for you, nor did I insult you, nor did I tell you anywhere in my post that I dislike you or what you do. You, on the other hand, could not live up to that standard. You used a word that is restricted by the word filter (it takes a 5-year old to figure out the blocked word). You even went as far telling a person who just slightly disagreed with one little thing that you do to cut his wrists and bleed a slow, painful death. Nice going there. You aren't going to get on anybody's good side that way, and you do this for no apparent reason. It was completely uncalled for, and it undoubtedly has gotten many people on this board to dislike you. You haven't done that to me, though, as I have respect for you, and despite what you said, I'm going to take that as you being facetious. I know what you're going to say: "I'm not looking to get on anybody's good side, and I don't need your respect." Fine, you'll have it anyway, as it takes a lot to discredit a person in my eyes, and that won't do it.

I must ask you something though. Explain the word "protortial" as used in the following, as I am not familiar with this word:

i have no intention of stopping using this font. it's oldscool, iprotortialtial, which makes it easy to format msgs, it's easy to read. and it's not supposed to be aliased

I'll tell you this though. The use of "?" by members of Neowin is much smaller in the sense that it is one character to distract the eyes and have the potential to annoy somebody, while you have your entire post in a font that is older than you are. In your case, you have to either use the dropdown option with the code buttons above the post entry field, or type it in manually, both of which take longer to do than inserting "?" into a post.

Just so you know, I'm not some kind of teenager just picking on you, so I'm telling you right now to drop the age issue. Don't bother using the "improper spelling or grammar" argument either, as that will also be useless.

Well then, I am done now. Hopefully you will be a little bit more civil and not have to resort to childish vulgarity once more, nor resort to the "kill yourself" motto that you have become famous for. Maybe you and Tom Servo aren't so different after all.

Alternate fonts and colors are useless: shouldn't the content of a post, instead of the color/font, determine how someone visualizes a member?

If someone remembers you by the quality of your posts, that is many times better than forcing yourself onto them by using distractive colors.

How far is this allowed to go? Nothing against this member, but is this allowed? Can we post in huge sizes and bold and flashy colors, now?

post-19-1076313169.jpg

Edited by DsnBehind

Alternate fonts and colors are useless: shouldn't the content of a post, instead of the color/font, determine how someone visualizes a member?

If someone remembers you by the quality of your posts, that is many times better than forcing yourself onto them by using distractive colors.

Here, here.

Alternate fonts and colors are simply juvenile.

If you have nothing worthwhile to say, say it in colour (or with a font).

First of all, you had to look for a fairly long time, I'm sure, in order to find that (to a post that is even before the day you registered at Neowin, and coincidentally on the day that I registered at Neowin). I'm going to assume that Radish has since edited that post to include "Radish?" in it, so I'll give you that one. The point is, you would have to look very hard in order to find a post of his that doesn't end that way.

if by "fairly long time" you mean: click search, type in "Radish", sort by oldest 1st, click "search all forums" and "all dates", click search, copy 3rd link from the top, then yes, it took me "fairly long time&quot:rolleyes:s:

and yes, he did edit that post to include (tm:no:o:

here is last post then he used just "Radish."

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=...ndpost&p=960482

and in the same thread 5 posts down he started using "Radish?."

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=...ndpost&p=971323

it happened on Jun 20 2003, 14:50, just 7month Radish?, if you are going to edit those posts too i won't respect you anymore.e.

I can guarantee you right now, and this is something you will be unable to disprove, that over 90% of your posts are not in your beloved Courier font.
no ****. 99% of my posts are not in courier. so what's your point?

yes, radish started using way before i started using courier. so, again, what's your point?

him using has absolutly nothing to do w/ me using courier. so, once again, what's your point?

i'm not allowed to change the way i post? when i joined neowin i had different avatar and signature in all of my posts, so i have no right to change them either and i must go back to my original ones?

I must ask you something though. Explain the word "protortial" as used in the following, as I am not familiar with this word:

it was a typo, why don't you go over every single of my posts on neowin and shlt-pick every single mistake:punch:punch:

in conclusion, i salute you with a nice big flaming

in this case i'm going to use the Webdings font now.

attention ######.

anyway, how much load would a hack cause, that allows users to chose to strip all font and color tags? because it's really annoying, while the different colors less, but the different/bold fonts more. courier easy to read, pffft.