Fonts and Colors in every post

and yes, he did edit that post to include :no:

here is last post then he used just "Radish."

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=...ndpost&p=960482

and in the same thread 5 posts down he started using "Radish?."

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=...ndpost&p=971323

it happened on Jun 20 2003, 14:50, just 7month agRadish?, if you are going to edit those posts too i won't respect you anymore.

I'm just playing with ya MxxCon :lau:happy:ppy:

Moderator powers are awesome:woot:oot:

Radish?

Ironically, MxxCon?s posts are the hardest to read (in every way possible:DD )! And Courier... well, it?s not one of the best choices regarding readability. Oh well, to each his own I guess.

Think about it this way, from a Moderator's point of view.

People using colors and different fonts are trying to stand out, thus, they are often people who cause issues by TRYING to stand out.

So by using thier bright colors and annoying fonts, they just draw Moderator attention all the faster so we can act on any rule violation quicker than something that might just blend in.

Food for thought!

So by using thier bright colors and annoying fonts, they just draw Moderator attention all the faster so we can act on any rule violation quicker than something that might just blend in.

hey, i have no problem w/ moderators enforing forum rules

(unless it's enforced against me ;) )

If it's option and someone wants to put it to use it's their choice.. Can't believe I'm siding with MxxCon :cry:

Your gay enough allready. Now dont start with the colour ****.

To tell you the truth, color really doesn't bother me (The colors I have seen anyway: Dark Red, Red, Blue), but the font is ridiculos in MY OPINION. Mxxcon you may like it and find it easy to read, but it gives me a headache. I can see Dazzlas point of view because since he is color blind, he cannot read the colors.

Do they offer a hack for IPB that will allow users to pick what fonts and colors THEY see?

Do they offer a hack for IPB that will allow users to pick what fonts and colors THEY see?

I think it was alluded to a few pages back that in the forthcoming v2.0 of IPB that there will be a feature to allow users to specifiy that messages will be stripped of the poster's (l33t) formatting (skillz)...perhaps even specifying, as you described, what the user wants to see in place of the original (Y)

Yes there will be such a feature. No more complains. Users will have the possibility to set that all posts have to be in a certain or default color.

-Couch Potato?

Signing Posts and overuse of emoticons annoy me.

for example Radish?.....

Radish? signs EVERY post. And I think EVERY post of his has a smiley.

We know who the post is from you don't have to remind us. And I don't want to know your emotion after every word you type. I can't even imagine you in a chat room.

-Example-

Radish?: hey guys im:)ere :) hows it going -Radish?

Uberchatter: i hope you die tomarrow

Radish?: I am sorry you feel:(hat way :( Neowin R:Des! :D -Radish?

-/Example-

That is just plain mean. No offence. A picture says more then a 1000 words so therefore when you use a smiley you explain yourself better. Radish? also has the right to sign his posts, it's like a "signature":):)

-Couch Potato?

That is just plain mean. No offence. A picture says more then a 1000 words so therefore when you use a smiley you explain yourself better. Radish? also has the right to sign his posts, it's like a "signature&quo:). :)

-Couch Potato?

Yes he does have a right to use smileys, but his right to do that enables my right to not have to like it to.

That is just plain mean. No offence. A picture says more then a 1000 words so therefore when you use a smiley you explain yourself better. Radish? also has the right to sign his posts, it's like a "signature&quo:). :)

-Couch Potato?

Then why do you have '-Couch Potato?' at the end of eveand>and in your sig, is that necessary? Is it so we don't forget that you're a couch :stato? :s

The reason I have Couch Potato at the end of every post I make is because I am just used to it. I am getting an image in my sig soon anyway and then it will only stand in my post. It?s just something I do:):)

-Couch Potato?

-Example-

Radish?: hey guys im her:):) hows it going -Radish?

Uberchatter: i hope you die tomarrow

Radish?: I am sorry you feel tha:(way :( Neowin Rules:D33; :D -Radish?

-/Example-

hehe made me:rofl: :rofl:

This thread isn't really going anyway has become decidedly unproductive. We've established people get annoyed at other members who have dubious use of colour in their posts - conclusion - dont do it unless you feel some large need to annoy the rest of the community.

Post closed.