What OS does your computer run?

What OS does your computer run?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What OS does your computer run?

• 5 months later...

Currently as of Jan 2021...

1)(Primary)Main PC = Mint v20.x-Cinnamon (I cleaned installed Mint v20.1-Cinnamon very recently) (I upgraded CPU from i3-2120 to a i5-3550 since my last post in I late 2020 which should give me a solid boost and it was only $20 used and I am just using the i3-2120 heatsink on it as even though it's not the proper one, as it's lacking the copper contact, I can compensate for the increased heat by lowering CPU voltage by -0.130v (which is the most I can lower it and still have a stable system).

2)Backup desktop (Athlon X2 3600+ (Socket 939) CPU) = Mint v20.x-Xfce (currently is still v20.0)

3)Backup laptop (crap CPU) = Mint v20.x-Xfce (currently is still v20.0) (this setup would be solid if it were not for the weak link/bottleneck which is clearly it's CPU)

ill probably be on Mint v20.x series for at least a couple of years or so from now since by then Mint v21.1 will be out and I figure as a general guideline it's best to wait until at least the first point release before upgrading as things will probably be all around more stable/bug free by then since it will give the new major release six months to mature a bit.

p.s. I am probably going to upgrade my backup desktop and laptop from v20.0 to v20.1 very soon. I basically clean installed the Mint v20.x recently on all three devices above.