Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (Paramount+)

I can finally say that this is my favourite Star Trek series. After the little taste we got in Discovery, I was ecstatic about the news of SNW. Season 1 did not disappoint and it's the first Trek series that I happily re-watched so soon.

Looks like the first episode of season 2 will be released on June 15. 😁

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

New tailer and the season looks awesome!

• Like 1

Looks like crazy fun on the way.  I can hear the incoming complaints about Spock already though.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 27/05/2023 at 08:14, FloatingFatMan said:

Wait, what? BOIMLER?!? So, was that Mariner with him, too?! What are THEY doing there!?!?!

Some funky cross-over episode.  Don't know how it'll work out, guess we'll see.   We've known about it for a while actually.

On 27/05/2023 at 07:00, George P said:

Some funky cross-over episode.  Don't know how it'll work out, guess we'll see.   We've known about it for a while actually.

I'd seen it as a rumour but figured it was just the internet being the internet...

I guess that's going to be the season's comedy episode then... Or hope, anyway.

On 27/05/2023 at 09:25, FloatingFatMan said:

I'd seen it as a rumour but figured it was just the internet being the internet...

I guess that's going to be the season's comedy episode then... Or hope, anyway.

Probably a safe bet at this point.

On 27/05/2023 at 15:49, Dick Montage said:

I’m wanting the Sybok storyline to continue…

That character is forever associated with easily the WORST EVER Trek movie, and was a stupid concept from start to finish.  Better, IMO, if they had just never gone there...

On 27/05/2023 at 19:16, FloatingFatMan said:

That character is forever associated with easily the WORST EVER Trek movie, and was a stupid concept from start to finish.  Better, IMO, if they had just never gone there...

You didn't like the Uhura Dance Trap?

😢 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 27/05/2023 at 13:16, FloatingFatMan said:

But that movie came with the best quote, “What does god need with a starship?” :p 

• Haha 2

On 27/05/2023 at 20:45, FloatingFatMan said:

I'm not really in to ladies 37 years older than me... :p 

You don't know what you're missing then.  😝

I think ST5 is underrated.  I liked the idea of pain, and past events shaping who you become.   Kirks line about "needing" his pain, it defines him, still sticks with me.

• Like 4

On 27/05/2023 at 18:16, FloatingFatMan said:

And hence I want to see how they do it differently here

On 28/05/2023 at 02:02, Dick Montage said:

And hence I want to see how they do it differently here

Well, maybe they can fix the mess of a story Sybok was in ST5, but I'm really kinda tired of Spock having secret relatives...

On 27/05/2023 at 18:16, FloatingFatMan said:

Star trek V isn't the worst star trek movie ever, that honour goes to Star Trek Into Darkness. Although if you're talking about original cast films, then I'd argue Star Trek IV is the worst, never liked that film. The score alone is off putting

• Like 2

On 24/05/2023 at 11:48, George P said:

Looks like crazy fun on the way.  I can hear the incoming complaints about Spock already though.

Boimler and Beckett. Wow.

• 3 weeks later...

First episode is out, we went right to the Klingons, looking good.   There's a dedication at the end that got me teared up, well done.

• Like 3

Good solid first episode.

Spoiler

Though I wish there were more Pike in the episode :D

It seems M'Benga has a dark past he's battling with.

On 16/06/2023 at 09:52, George P said:

First episode is out, we went right to the Klingons, looking good.   There's a dedication at the end that got me teared up, well done.

Agreed. A solid episode, but the dedication at the end... I wasn't expecting the kick in the feels that gave me...

• Like 3

On 16/06/2023 at 13:29, primortal said:

Good solid first episode.

Reveal hidden contents

Though I wish there were more Pike in the episode :D

It seems M'Benga has a dark past he's battling with.

Spoiler

Well, he does get a demotion between now and TOS... Maybe he does something to earn it...

On 27/05/2023 at 13:45, FloatingFatMan said:

I'm not really in to ladies 37 years older than me... :p 

SOME ladies, but not all, are like fine wines...they get better with age, and Nichelle definitely falls into that description....she was fairly attractive when she was younger, but by the time ST VI & V came out, she had already achieved serious "MILF" status...

Ever heard the saying "don't knock it until you've tried it" ?  Well in her case, I would say "DO knock it" cause I would have....

Episode 2 is out.   Very good one IMO.   I like how they worked it all out in the end.

• Like 2

On 22/06/2023 at 21:40, George P said:

Episode 2 is out.   Very good one IMO.   I like how they worked it all out in the end.

Yeah I got a little teary eyed as well!