Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, Xbox, Playstation)


Recommended Posts

George P
1 hour ago, techbeck said:

Yea, I noticed that.  One of my games I had saved next to Goro.  Loaded the save and Goro called me even tho he was next to me.  He did not talk and I could not do much.  Luckily, I had a saved game before I started that part of the mission.  Redid a little part of the mission and did not get the bug again.

 

Save often if you can as I find that helps a lot when your run in to bugs.

Yeah, that's the big one that they'll probably fix soon.  Another bug that hasn't been fixed is that venders don't sell you legendary stuff after the first time you visit them.  And the very first time you do in the game you don't have anywhere near enough money to buy any of that stuff anyways.   

 

The other big change is that the reload for legendary item stats trick you pick up in the open world doesn't work anymore.  The one where you could just keep reloading a save till you got the best version of the legendary item before you picked it up.  Now it seems those are set in stone for you when you start the game, no matter how often people reload older saves the stats don't change.  I think this is how it was suppose to be originally, and the reload trick was a bug that is now fixed, but some are mad because of the first bug above that doesn't let you buy the crafting spec for these things so you can craft the better versions yourself.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck
2 hours ago, George P said:

Yeah, that's the big one that they'll probably fix soon.  Another bug that hasn't been fixed is that venders don't sell you legendary stuff after the first time you visit them.  And the very first time you do in the game you don't have anywhere near enough money to buy any of that stuff anyways.   

 

The other big change is that the reload for legendary item stats trick you pick up in the open world doesn't work anymore.  The one where you could just keep reloading a save till you got the best version of the legendary item before you picked it up.  Now it seems those are set in stone for you when you start the game, no matter how often people reload older saves the stats don't change.  I think this is how it was suppose to be originally, and the reload trick was a bug that is now fixed, but some are mad because of the first bug above that doesn't let you buy the crafting spec for these things so you can craft the better versions yourself.  

I can still save and reload to reroll the stats... I think. Works for the vendors as well when you wait 24hrs.  Don't care much for the stats as long as the max mod slots are there.  Cept for the effect stats on weapons. 

Edited by techbeck
Link to post
Share on other sites
George P
59 minutes ago, techbeck said:

I can still save and reload to reroll the stats... I think. Works for the vendors as well when you wait 24hrs.  Don't care much for the stats as long as the max mod slots are there.  Cept for the effect stats on weapons. 

Weird, some people can't do it anymore, I've seen YT vids about it but I haven't messed with it myself.  Oh well.  I think they're going to have to balance things out anyways.  First up is fixing the AI and then probably scaling the later enemies relative to your lvl and stats better so you can't just steamroll everything.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck

Yea, I got the reroll issue. Which sucks. Wouldn't be bad if you had a way to add more slots. Like upgrading to add more. Or if you can buy better versions. Some items you cannot buy and you only get one. Hopefully just a bug as I would think they would have fixed the dupe glitch first... Which still works.  Not going to pick up any more legendaries I find until it is confirmed That this was a bug that was fixed or an inadvertent Side effect of the latest patch

Link to post
Share on other sites
RichardK

I really don't see the point of re-rolling for stat slots, on both playthroughs I haven't even paid attention to them, never needed any "boosts" to be able to complete anything.

 

So far, after this latest patch, I have not experienced a single crash on PS5.

Link to post
Share on other sites
+E.Worm Jimmy
On 23/01/2021 at 11:45, techbeck said:

15gb on XBox.  Fixes the issue with Meet the Press where I accepted the reward but did not register.   I have no reloaded my lvl 32 Corpo game yet to see if it is resolved.  Started another Nomad and doing things better.  I liked the Nomad start better than the Corpos anyway.

Nomad start was awesome ... if the game had more missions and pacing like that.

 

Anyways - if I am not interested in hacking and other stuff and I am here for the story

(In Witcher 3 I did no alchemy and focused on blade with occasional signs)

Which path is more suitable?

 

I assume not corpo? They seem too tech dependent

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Emn1ty
34 minutes ago, E.Worm Jimmy said:

Nomad start was awesome ... if the game had more missions and pacing like that.

 

Anyways - if I am not interested in hacking and other stuff and I am here for the story

(In Witcher 3 I did no alchemy and focused on blade with occasional signs)

Which path is more suitable?

 

I assume not corpo? They seem too tech dependent

Honestly they're all good, none of them actually impact how you play the game other than additional conversation options that fit with your background.

 

Personally Corpo was my favorite start and felt the most natural of the three. But they all have thier strengths and will be a matter of preference.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck
1 hour ago, Emn1ty said:

Honestly they're all good, none of them actually impact how you play the game other than additional conversation options that fit with your background.

 

Personally Corpo was my favorite start and felt the most natural of the three. But they all have thier strengths and will be a matter of preference.

I liked nomad better myself. Felt like you got a better start with Jackie. Plus, you get and extra car 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Emn1ty

I've been considering starting another run, and basing my character on Judges from Dredd. Lots of armor, heavy use of Smart weapons. My first run I went cold blood, stealth and crafting. I'm still not really sold on being a "netrunner" but suffice to say fighting netrunner cyberpsychos has been the most challenging part of the game. It's really making want to pick up the table top and dig in.

Edited by Emn1ty
Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck
25 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

I've been considering starting another run, and basing my character on Judges from Dredd. Lots of armor, heavy use of Smart weapons. My first run I went cold blood, stealth and crafting. I'm still not really sold on being a "netrunner" but suffice to say fighting netrunner cyberpsychos has been the most challenging part of the game. It's really making want to pick up the table top and dig in.

cyberpsychos Are easy if you have weapons that home in on the enemies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Emn1ty
23 minutes ago, techbeck said:

cyberpsychos Are easy if you have weapons that home in on the enemies.

I didn't really mean to say they were hard, but compared to most of the mini-bosses in the game they were far more interesting to fight. The generic berserker ones were pretty straight forward.

Link to post
Share on other sites
George P

Hotfix 1.11 is out now. Minor stuff. Looks like we're going to have to wait for the bigger 1.2 patch in a few weeks for any gameplay changes like AI etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck
12 hours ago, George P said:

Hotfix 1.11 is out now. Minor stuff. Looks like we're going to have to wait for the bigger 1.2 patch in a few weeks for any gameplay changes like AI etc. 

Brought back item randomization!  So was a mistake, which is a good thing.  Glad i did not pickup the legendary items yet. 

 

Ran into another issue on my 2nd nomad play thru....the spec for the Psalm gun did not appear for me and I already completed the quest for it like a looong time ago.  So only item I cannot get in my weapon stash.  So hopefully that is fixed at some point but minor issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
George P
5 hours ago, techbeck said:

Brought back item randomization!  So was a mistake, which is a good thing.  Glad i did not pickup the legendary items yet. 

 

Ran into another issue on my 2nd nomad play thru....the spec for the Psalm gun did not appear for me and I already completed the quest for it like a looong time ago.  So only item I cannot get in my weapon stash.  So hopefully that is fixed at some point but minor issue.

There really needs to be a way to get all those rare items from a shop, like being able to buy the specs and craft them. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck
5 hours ago, George P said:

There really needs to be a way to get all those rare items from a shop, like being able to buy the specs and craft them. 

 

You can get a lot of legendary clothing items but only the first time you visit the shop. If you fast-forward time or visited later the legendary clothing items disappear forever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
George P
1 hour ago, techbeck said:

You can get a lot of legendary clothing items but only the first time you visit the shop. If you fast-forward time or visited later the legendary clothing items disappear forever.

Yeah, that needs to be fixed and there should be a crafting spec for everything in the game that you can either buy or at least find in the world. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck

So I noticed that all my epic armadillo mods on my gear went from Epic, to common. So now my armor rating is 1000 pts lower than what it should be currently. I can buy
another epic mod from the shop, but when I save/reload the game...the mod again changes from epic to common on my gear. Also, any armadillo mod I have available/not used on my backpack changes as well.

Additionally, when I put a piece of gear on my stash and take it out, the armadillo mod stats are orange/legendary but with 0 armor. When I save/reload the game, the mod changes from legendary/0 to a common mod.

Not sure when this started, just noticed tonight when I did a legendary farm since the reroll/respec option was put back in. Was remodding my armor and noticed this. Annoying to say the least. All other mods are fine.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
George P

I'll have to jump on and see if anything changed for me and let you know but that sounds like a bug for sure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck
15 minutes ago, George P said:

I'll have to jump on and see if anything changed for me and let you know but that sounds like a bug for sure. 

I am sure it is a bug.  Should not do that and from what I seen, only the armadillo mods have this issue.  I also find it odd that there is no legendary armadillo mod in the game.  But that may be by design since they are stackable and legendary armadillo mods will make you a tank.

 

Not sure if this is an XBOX specific bug or not.  Some bugs tend to be limited to a certain platform.  Posted the issue on CDPR tech forums and have not gotten a response as of yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck

I figured it out.  Long story short, the game does not like using the duping glitch to get more armadillo mods.  Any mod I bought out right and applied, stuck after reloading the game and placing the item in my inventory and taking back out again.  Any mod I duped, screwed up.  I have the cash to buy them out right, but I guess I will need to do a bunch of loading/reloading to get them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
RichardK
On 24/01/2021 at 20:38, techbeck said:

I liked nomad better myself. Felt like you got a better start with Jackie. Plus, you get and extra car 

I don't get the appeal of Jackie, can't stand him myself.  The sooner he is gone, the better.  Would be cool if you didn't have to deal with him at all.  Same goes for Johnny tool.  The two fixers that talk extremely slow and way too much, I can do without also.

Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck
45 minutes ago, RichardK said:

I don't get the appeal of Jackie, can't stand him myself.  The sooner he is gone, the better.  Would be cool if you didn't have to deal with him at all.  Same goes for Johnny tool.  The two fixers that talk extremely slow and way too much, I can do without also.

I actually wish Jackie was in more of the game/story myself.   And Johnny, he has his place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Emn1ty
50 minutes ago, techbeck said:

I actually wish Jackie was in more of the game/story myself.   And Johnny, he has his place.

I agree, my favorite moments of the game are working with Jackie because it feels like you're in a team. The moment you're running solo things get less interesting. But to each their own.

Link to post
Share on other sites
George P

I expect that they might add some future DLC missions with Jackie but if they do it would have to be some sort of flashback type deal. 

 

If they force you to start over to get them that'd be bad IMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Emn1ty
8 hours ago, George P said:

I expect that they might add some future DLC missions with Jackie but if they do it would have to be some sort of flashback type deal. 

 

If they force you to start over to get them that'd be bad IMO. 

I think simply adding a companion-type feature would be enough. They tag along and make quips about the missions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Usama Jawad96
      Google promises 100 games coming to Stadia in 2021
      by Usama Jawad

      Google's Stadia has been making the headlines recently, but not for good reasons. A couple of weeks ago, the company announced that it is shutting down its Stadia Games & Entertainment division, which was responsible for developing exclusive games for the platform. Earlier this week, we also found out that the Stadia version of Terraria is canceled because Google has disabled the developer's account.

      In a bit of relatively more positive news today, Google has announced that more than 100 games will be coming to the platform in 2021.

      The promise of 100 games this year is a bit of a downgrade compared to the 120 it vowed to bring to the platform in 2020. However, this shouldn't distract from the fact that this is still a significant number. Google has also revealed the names of nine titles that are coming soon, and they are as follows:

      Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition - February 23 Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut - February 23 It came from space and ate our brains - March 2 FIFA 21 - March 17 Kaze and the Wild Masks - March 26 Judgment - April 23 Killer Queen Black - Coming soon Street Power Football - Coming soon Hellpoint - Coming soon Other games slated to release in 2021 also include Far Cry 6 and Hello Engineer. Stadia currently offers over 100 games to stream over the internet, with the promise of more to come. A few months ago, a Stadia executive stated that Google is tracking development for 400 games from 200 developers. It remains to be seen whether the company will be able to keep up with this figure, but the latest announcement will certainly restore some amount of confidence for users of the platform.

    • By Usama Jawad96
      CDPR advises caution in using Cyberpunk 2077 PC mods after discovery of security exploit
      by Usama Jawad

      To say that highly-anticipated 2020 title Cyberpunk 2077 has had a rough going since launch would be an understatement. The game has been plagued with serious performance issues - especially on last-gen consoles -, bugs, and glitches. Despite all of this, it is important to note that it still managed to sell over 13 million copies in a few weeks. Now, the game's developer CD Projekt Red (CDPR) has advised caution when using mods in the game after the discovery of a security exploit.

      CD Projekt Red says that there are some vulnerabilities in the external DLL files that the game uses, so it is advising against using custom mods and saves in Cyberpunk 2077's PC version for now. The title's official Twitter support account had the following to say:

      While it is unclear as to when a fix will be released, custom mods are an important component of the PC version of the game, so it is likely that this is a high priority issue for CDPR.

      This is just one of the many things that the developer will be working on in the near future. The firm promised two major patches in the first half of 2021 to fix performance issues in Cyberpunk 2077. The first one was released just a few days ago but contained new game-breaking bugs as well, which the company addressed in a hotfix. CDPR has also modified its dedicated webpage to indicate that DLC will be coming in the "coming months"; the company had previously made a commitment of "early 2021".

      That said, you should definitely hold off on using custom mods and saves from unreliable sources as the vulnerability is quite serious in nature. The developer will likely be releasing a patch for this issue within a matter of hours or days.

    • By Jay Bonggolto
      Plex announces Arcade game subscription service for $4.99 per month
      by Jay Bonggolto

      Plex announced today a new game subscription service that features a whole library of retro games. The new game streaming called Plex Arcade will cost $4.99 per month.

      Subscribers can play games on iOS, Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Windows, macOS, and Android devices. Plex says it plans to add support for more platforms in the future.

      For the new game subscription, Plex has teamed up with Atari whose titles such as Centipede, Lunar Lander, and Motor Psycho, among others, will be available to customers. The company also partnered with Parsec whose technology helps to improve the players' gaming experience by reducing latency.

      To start playing retro games, you will need a Plex Media server version 1.21.2 or newer on Windows or macOS. You also need to connect your Parsec account to your Plex account. Supported controllers include any Bluetooth or USB game controller, although Plex recommends a Sony DualShock 4 or Xbox One controller for best performance.

      Arcade is available starting today and you can sign up here. For Plex Pass subscribers, the service will cost only $2.99 per month. There's also a seven-day free trial if you want to test the game subscription first.

    • By Usama Jawad96
      Cyberpunk 2077 DLC is still listed as coming in 'early 2021' but don't get your hopes up
      by Usama Jawad

      Highly anticipated CD Projekt Red (CDPR) title Cyberpunk 2077 has had a messy launch, to say the least. Following numerous complaints about the game's performance on consoles, it was removed from the PlayStation Store, with full refunds available to both PlayStation and Xbox players. CDPR was also forced to issue a public apology about the state of its AAA title, and vowed to address concerns in 2021.

      Recently, some news outlets have started highlighting that CDPR has published a new webpage which indicates that the company plans to release free DLC in "early 2021". Unfortunately, that's not quite right.

      While the webpage is indeed live and legitimate, it was updated on December 13, as noted by Engadget, using the Internet Archive. This date falls before CDPR's apology on December 14. The webpage was just not picked up by outlets and fans back then.

      Indeed, it would be strange for CDPR to suddenly start advertising new DLC when tens of thousands of people are bemoaning the pitiful state of the game on their respective machines. It is also important to note that the company has promised to release major patches in January and February this year.

      That said, this also does not outright mean that DLC won't arrive in early 2021 at all. It is quite possible for different teams to be working on different portions of the game. Some could be working on optimization and performance tuning while others could be working on DLC. That said, it's probably safe to say that given the current situation, if CDPR does manage to hit its "early 2021" DLC deadline, it's going to be cosmetic DLC such as weapons and skins, or minor quests, rather than full-blown extra story content.

      This would not be too different from the company's previous hit The Witcher 3, for which CDPR released multiple minor DLCs along with two excellent expansion packs in the form of Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. We'll likely learn more in the next few days, but it would be wise to keep expectations in check for now.

      Source: Engadget

    • By Usama Jawad96
      Huawei removes all Tencent games from its app store due to legal dispute
      by Usama Jawad

      Despite being one of the biggest smartphone maker in terms of units being sold globally, Huawei has recently been facing a lot of troubles with its partners. The U.S. government is cracking down on Chinese technology and the UK is following suit as well. Now, the company finds itself in a legal dispute with fellow Chinese firm Tencent.

      Bloomberg reports that Huawei has removed all Tencent games from its app store. The reason for this is apparently a "big change" that Tencent made on December 31, 2020. The notification shown on Huawei's gaming app doesn't go into further details, but the company says that the decision was made after an internal investigation by its legal team, which also claims that Tencent independently concluded that it doesn't want to continue cooperation with Huawei.

      Meanwhile, Tencent stated that:

      Based on the wording, it would appear that an existing agreement between the two parties expired before a new one could be reached. As a result, all Tencent games such as Arena of Valor, Honor of Kings, and PUBG, among many others have been removed from Huawei's app store for the time being. It's unclear if and when a new agreement will be ratified between the two companies.

      Source: Bloomberg