Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, Xbox, Playstation)

1 hour ago, techbeck said:

Yea, I noticed that.  One of my games I had saved next to Goro.  Loaded the save and Goro called me even tho he was next to me.  He did not talk and I could not do much.  Luckily, I had a saved game before I started that part of the mission.  Redid a little part of the mission and did not get the bug again.

Save often if you can as I find that helps a lot when your run in to bugs.

Yeah, that's the big one that they'll probably fix soon.  Another bug that hasn't been fixed is that venders don't sell you legendary stuff after the first time you visit them.  And the very first time you do in the game you don't have anywhere near enough money to buy any of that stuff anyways.   

The other big change is that the reload for legendary item stats trick you pick up in the open world doesn't work anymore.  The one where you could just keep reloading a save till you got the best version of the legendary item before you picked it up.  Now it seems those are set in stone for you when you start the game, no matter how often people reload older saves the stats don't change.  I think this is how it was suppose to be originally, and the reload trick was a bug that is now fixed, but some are mad because of the first bug above that doesn't let you buy the crafting spec for these things so you can craft the better versions yourself.  

2 hours ago, George P said:

Yeah, that's the big one that they'll probably fix soon.  Another bug that hasn't been fixed is that venders don't sell you legendary stuff after the first time you visit them.  And the very first time you do in the game you don't have anywhere near enough money to buy any of that stuff anyways.   

The other big change is that the reload for legendary item stats trick you pick up in the open world doesn't work anymore.  The one where you could just keep reloading a save till you got the best version of the legendary item before you picked it up.  Now it seems those are set in stone for you when you start the game, no matter how often people reload older saves the stats don't change.  I think this is how it was suppose to be originally, and the reload trick was a bug that is now fixed, but some are mad because of the first bug above that doesn't let you buy the crafting spec for these things so you can craft the better versions yourself.  

I can still save and reload to reroll the stats... I think. Works for the vendors as well when you wait 24hrs.  Don't care much for the stats as long as the max mod slots are there.  Cept for the effect stats on weapons. 

Edited by techbeck

59 minutes ago, techbeck said:

I can still save and reload to reroll the stats... I think. Works for the vendors as well when you wait 24hrs.  Don't care much for the stats as long as the max mod slots are there.  Cept for the effect stats on weapons. 

Weird, some people can't do it anymore, I've seen YT vids about it but I haven't messed with it myself.  Oh well.  I think they're going to have to balance things out anyways.  First up is fixing the AI and then probably scaling the later enemies relative to your lvl and stats better so you can't just steamroll everything.  

Yea, I got the reroll issue. Which sucks. Wouldn't be bad if you had a way to add more slots. Like upgrading to add more. Or if you can buy better versions. Some items you cannot buy and you only get one. Hopefully just a bug as I would think they would have fixed the dupe glitch first... Which still works.  Not going to pick up any more legendaries I find until it is confirmed That this was a bug that was fixed or an inadvertent Side effect of the latest patch

I really don't see the point of re-rolling for stat slots, on both playthroughs I haven't even paid attention to them, never needed any "boosts" to be able to complete anything.

So far, after this latest patch, I have not experienced a single crash on PS5.

On 23/01/2021 at 11:45, techbeck said:

15gb on XBox.  Fixes the issue with Meet the Press where I accepted the reward but did not register.   I have no reloaded my lvl 32 Corpo game yet to see if it is resolved.  Started another Nomad and doing things better.  I liked the Nomad start better than the Corpos anyway.

Nomad start was awesome ... if the game had more missions and pacing like that.

Anyways - if I am not interested in hacking and other stuff and I am here for the story

(In Witcher 3 I did no alchemy and focused on blade with occasional signs)

Which path is more suitable?

I assume not corpo? They seem too tech dependent

34 minutes ago, E.Worm Jimmy said:

Nomad start was awesome ... if the game had more missions and pacing like that.

Anyways - if I am not interested in hacking and other stuff and I am here for the story

(In Witcher 3 I did no alchemy and focused on blade with occasional signs)

Which path is more suitable?

I assume not corpo? They seem too tech dependent

Honestly they're all good, none of them actually impact how you play the game other than additional conversation options that fit with your background.

Personally Corpo was my favorite start and felt the most natural of the three. But they all have thier strengths and will be a matter of preference.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Emn1ty said:

Honestly they're all good, none of them actually impact how you play the game other than additional conversation options that fit with your background.

Personally Corpo was my favorite start and felt the most natural of the three. But they all have thier strengths and will be a matter of preference.

I liked nomad better myself. Felt like you got a better start with Jackie. Plus, you get and extra car 

I've been considering starting another run, and basing my character on Judges from Dredd. Lots of armor, heavy use of Smart weapons. My first run I went cold blood, stealth and crafting. I'm still not really sold on being a "netrunner" but suffice to say fighting netrunner cyberpsychos has been the most challenging part of the game. It's really making want to pick up the table top and dig in.

Edited by Emn1ty

25 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

I've been considering starting another run, and basing my character on Judges from Dredd. Lots of armor, heavy use of Smart weapons. My first run I went cold blood, stealth and crafting. I'm still not really sold on being a "netrunner" but suffice to say fighting netrunner cyberpsychos has been the most challenging part of the game. It's really making want to pick up the table top and dig in.

cyberpsychos Are easy if you have weapons that home in on the enemies.

23 minutes ago, techbeck said:

cyberpsychos Are easy if you have weapons that home in on the enemies.

I didn't really mean to say they were hard, but compared to most of the mini-bosses in the game they were far more interesting to fight. The generic berserker ones were pretty straight forward.

Hotfix 1.11 is out now. Minor stuff. Looks like we're going to have to wait for the bigger 1.2 patch in a few weeks for any gameplay changes like AI etc. 

12 hours ago, George P said:

Hotfix 1.11 is out now. Minor stuff. Looks like we're going to have to wait for the bigger 1.2 patch in a few weeks for any gameplay changes like AI etc. 

Brought back item randomization!  So was a mistake, which is a good thing.  Glad i did not pickup the legendary items yet. 

Ran into another issue on my 2nd nomad play thru....the spec for the Psalm gun did not appear for me and I already completed the quest for it like a looong time ago.  So only item I cannot get in my weapon stash.  So hopefully that is fixed at some point but minor issue.

5 hours ago, techbeck said:

Brought back item randomization!  So was a mistake, which is a good thing.  Glad i did not pickup the legendary items yet. 

Ran into another issue on my 2nd nomad play thru....the spec for the Psalm gun did not appear for me and I already completed the quest for it like a looong time ago.  So only item I cannot get in my weapon stash.  So hopefully that is fixed at some point but minor issue.

There really needs to be a way to get all those rare items from a shop, like being able to buy the specs and craft them. 

5 hours ago, George P said:

There really needs to be a way to get all those rare items from a shop, like being able to buy the specs and craft them. 

You can get a lot of legendary clothing items but only the first time you visit the shop. If you fast-forward time or visited later the legendary clothing items disappear forever.

1 hour ago, techbeck said:

You can get a lot of legendary clothing items but only the first time you visit the shop. If you fast-forward time or visited later the legendary clothing items disappear forever.

Yeah, that needs to be fixed and there should be a crafting spec for everything in the game that you can either buy or at least find in the world. 

So I noticed that all my epic armadillo mods on my gear went from Epic, to common. So now my armor rating is 1000 pts lower than what it should be currently. I can buy
another epic mod from the shop, but when I save/reload the game...the mod again changes from epic to common on my gear. Also, any armadillo mod I have available/not used on my backpack changes as well.

Additionally, when I put a piece of gear on my stash and take it out, the armadillo mod stats are orange/legendary but with 0 armor. When I save/reload the game, the mod changes from legendary/0 to a common mod.

Not sure when this started, just noticed tonight when I did a legendary farm since the reroll/respec option was put back in. Was remodding my armor and noticed this. Annoying to say the least. All other mods are fine.

• Sad 1

I'll have to jump on and see if anything changed for me and let you know but that sounds like a bug for sure. 

15 minutes ago, George P said:

I'll have to jump on and see if anything changed for me and let you know but that sounds like a bug for sure. 

I am sure it is a bug.  Should not do that and from what I seen, only the armadillo mods have this issue.  I also find it odd that there is no legendary armadillo mod in the game.  But that may be by design since they are stackable and legendary armadillo mods will make you a tank.

Not sure if this is an XBOX specific bug or not.  Some bugs tend to be limited to a certain platform.  Posted the issue on CDPR tech forums and have not gotten a response as of yet.

I figured it out.  Long story short, the game does not like using the duping glitch to get more armadillo mods.  Any mod I bought out right and applied, stuck after reloading the game and placing the item in my inventory and taking back out again.  Any mod I duped, screwed up.  I have the cash to buy them out right, but I guess I will need to do a bunch of loading/reloading to get them. 

On 24/01/2021 at 20:38, techbeck said:

I liked nomad better myself. Felt like you got a better start with Jackie. Plus, you get and extra car 

I don't get the appeal of Jackie, can't stand him myself.  The sooner he is gone, the better.  Would be cool if you didn't have to deal with him at all.  Same goes for Johnny tool.  The two fixers that talk extremely slow and way too much, I can do without also.

45 minutes ago, RichardK said:

I don't get the appeal of Jackie, can't stand him myself.  The sooner he is gone, the better.  Would be cool if you didn't have to deal with him at all.  Same goes for Johnny tool.  The two fixers that talk extremely slow and way too much, I can do without also.

I actually wish Jackie was in more of the game/story myself.   And Johnny, he has his place.

50 minutes ago, techbeck said:

I actually wish Jackie was in more of the game/story myself.   And Johnny, he has his place.

I agree, my favorite moments of the game are working with Jackie because it feels like you're in a team. The moment you're running solo things get less interesting. But to each their own.

I expect that they might add some future DLC missions with Jackie but if they do it would have to be some sort of flashback type deal. 

If they force you to start over to get them that'd be bad IMO. 

8 hours ago, George P said:

I expect that they might add some future DLC missions with Jackie but if they do it would have to be some sort of flashback type deal. 

If they force you to start over to get them that'd be bad IMO. 

I think simply adding a companion-type feature would be enough. They tag along and make quips about the missions.