I am having problems with Amazon delivery drivers not following my instructions

On 07/01/2023 at 11:38, WiltshireHam said:

I'm with you on that one, I sent a parcel to a business client on 12th December with next day delivery, it still hasn't got there. They claim to have tried to deliver it on a Saturday, and again at 9PM on the following Wednesday evening!! Not a single update since 21st December!  Never going to use Evri again. The worst thing is that they don't have any kind of customer support, go to the webchat and it just parrots what you already know from the tracking system. No human interaction at all. and thier customer telephone number is only for account holders.

The UK is quite bad for postal delivery, if they aren't striking (Royal Mail) then I keep hearing from my family that stuff I have bought for them gets chucked over a fence. For Christmas I bought my brother the 5th gen Amazon Echo and the driver chucked it over a 7ft fence into their back garden, luckily it wasn't damaged. Then a few years ago, another driver lobbed a christmas present over a shared entry gate to flats, while I had given the driver the keypad number to enter, luckily a neighbour saw it and handed it off to my sister. There could be no mistaking it was a shared entry as it was one of those gates with metal bars where you can clearly see the 5 storey flats with multiple front doors!

Thankfully in The Netherlands all delivery companies must hand off to a person, and otherwise it is physically given to a neighbour for pickup (unless specified not to do that).

On 07/01/2023 at 00:50, Good Bot, Bad Bot said:

Actually Amazon does delivery a lot of their packages these days (at least in the US). You don't have those Amazon trucks zooming around all over the place? Granted the drivers are mostly not Amazon employees but contracts but it's "Amazon" delivering the packages.

It's the opposite in the US as UPS is usually more problem free and easier to work with. DHL or FedEx?  Good luck!

No we have some, that being said, their still not a true courier company 😛

On 17/02/2021 at 20:33, jnelsoninjax said:

I understand that it's common to have these issues, but I would (wrongfully) assume that Amazon would want to be an exception to this and provide the excellent customer service.

amazon delivery drivers is a rotating door...

If amazon want to find quality drivers they need to pay them property then good ones will stay

• Like 1

On 08/01/2023 at 11:57, nekrosoft13 said:

amazon delivery drivers is a rotating door.  If amazon want to find quality drivers they need to pay them property then good ones will stay

Exactly.

The journey from the warehouse to your door is arguably the most important part of online retail.

But they seem to be fumbling that crucial step.

Fortunately I haven't had many problems with delivery.  In the early days of the pandemic it was hit or miss.  But lately it's been good.

Many people are seeing more and more items being labeled "Prime" but the delivery time is 3 or more days.  Apparently Amazon is no longer guaranteeing two-day delivery.  And that was one of the perks.

🤔

If possible use amazon lockers. Its a pain to go get the package, but you don't have to deal with the bad drivers. 

• Like 2

On 08/01/2023 at 20:00, Xenon said:

If possible use amazon lockers. Its a pain to go get the package, but you don't have to deal with the bad drivers. 

The lockers are pretty cool.  I've used them quite a few times.

But two of the times I ran into problems.  Once I had packages in two lockers... and it took my code and opened the first door.  But the screen locked up when I tried to open the 2nd door.  I had to let the machine completely timeout and try again.  I finally got the 2nd door open after a few tries.  The screen kept saying something like "we've run into a problem... please call 1-800-blah-blah"

The other problem was similar to the first.  I entered my code but the door wouldn't open and I got the error message.  But after a few tries I finally got the door open to get my package.

BUT... the machine didn't recognize that I got my package... so I kept getting emails saying "don't forget to pick up your packages at the locker"

After three days I got an email saying "since you didn't pick up your package... we are refunding your order..."

So I got refunded even though I got my package.

I've only ever tried one set of lockers at a gas station near me.  Maybe it was a problem with that particular set of lockers.  Maybe I'll try other lockers.  There are plenty near me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In the UK I tend to select my Local Post Office for delivery if I'm not going to be home or want it quicker, they also now deliver to Co-Op shops, this works well if someone lives in a Town or Village but there maybe restrictions on the size of the parcel allowed.

As much as I hate the idea, I'm half tempted to get a doorbell camera so that I can create a video of all the delivery people that just leave packages on the doorstep and walk off.

At least with Amazon they email you whenever the delivery has been made so you get some warning... (Or maybe that enables them to not bother knocking / ringing?)

On 09/01/2023 at 14:49, DonC said:

As much as I hate the idea, I'm half tempted to get a doorbell camera so that I can create a video of all the delivery people that just leave packages on the doorstep and walk off.

Isn't that what they're supposed to do?

On 29/01/2022 at 08:01, Matthew S. said:

Amazon isn't a courier company (eg. DHL, USPS, .... even UPS (UPS is the worst of the worst in canada)), the delivery end of amazon doesn't care about customer service nor do they care about the contents of the packages.

Except in the USA at least Amazon is a courier company, they have in a lot of regions their own amazon branded delivery companies using their own amazon trucks when you are in larger areas or by a distribution center... heck I live in an area that is about 2hrs from the nearest DC and we still sometimes get Amazon drivers show up in glue and gray amazon uniforms for larger items in amazon trucks.

On 09/01/2023 at 16:12, neufuse said:

Except in the USA at least Amazon is a courier company, they have in a lot of regions their own amazon branded delivery companies using their own amazon trucks when you are in larger areas or by a distribution center... heck I live in an area that is about 2hrs from the nearest DC and we still sometimes get Amazon drivers show up in glue and gray amazon uniforms for larger items in amazon trucks.

You seem to miss what I'm getting at, their primary focus is the sale of goods, not the delivery.  How much you want to bet their "courier" business is actually contracted out?

On 10/01/2023 at 10:52, Matthew S. said:

You seem to miss what I'm getting at, their primary focus is the sale of goods, not the delivery.  How much you want to bet their "courier" business is actually contracted out?

Doesn't really matter if it's contracted or not, yes they have "independent contracted drivers" and "contracted delivery sevices" under the amazon brand, but so does FedEx does that mean FedEx isn't a courier? FedEx contracts and franchises a lot of the last mile delivery under the same banner just like amazon does

Had a delivery from Amazon today (at least it arrived on time!). Delivery email said it was "handed to resident"... um, more like left outside the front door in the pissing rain and didn't even bother knocking the door or ringing the bell. The only way I knew it had arrived was the bloody email, if I hadn't been sat at my computer god knows how long it would have sat there.

On 13/01/2023 at 00:39, WiltshireHam said:

Had a delivery from Amazon today (at least it arrived on time!). Delivery email said it was "handed to resident"... um, more like left outside the front door in the pissing rain and didn't even bother knocking the door or ringing the bell. The only way I knew it had arrived was the bloody email, if I hadn't been sat at my computer god knows how long it would have sat there.

Same thing happened to my sister yesterday

image.jpeg

It was chucked in front of their front door, no-one rang the bell or knocked according to her. 

Actually I need to report it, because I was the one ordering for her.

• Like 2

I get Amazon packages all the time.  But I honestly can't remember the last time an Amazon delivery person rang my doorbell.  It's been years. 

Is it a policy that they don't knock or ring doorbells anymore?

🤔

On 13/01/2023 at 00:10, Michael Scrip said:

I get Amazon packages all the time.  But I honestly can't remember the last time an Amazon delivery person rang my doorbell.  It's been years. 

Is it a policy that they don't knock or ring doorbells anymore?

🤔

Kinda think that's the policy of most places since COVID.... I haven't had USPS, UPS, FedEx, Amazon drivers, any of the local food delivery services (doordash, uber, etc) or even local self delivery restaurants ring my doorbell in years (when they are paid in advance or online) .. they just sit the stuff down on the porch and leave... all I get is a text message or something its there

On 13/01/2023 at 19:51, neufuse said:

Kinda think that's the policy of most places since COVID.... I haven't had USPS, UPS, FedEx, Amazon drivers, any of the local food delivery services (doordash, uber, etc) or even local self delivery restaurants ring my doorbell in years (when they are paid in advance or online) .. they just sit the stuff down on the porch and leave... all I get is a text message or something its there

The ugly part is when you get the text message late and your food's been sitting out there for a minute. It's a weird side effect of the digital age.

I don't know that it's any sorta policy, as much as it is knocking all damn day every day I guess. I don't think we've ever seen a delivery industry quite like this.

• 3 months later...

I need to speak my peace here i too! have issues with amazon's lack of understanding when it comes to plain geometry or reading skills i am incomplete quadriplegic and have explained that in in there so called delivery instructions. Is there Actually a number where you can speak to a human person! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2023 at 11:46 PM, gemgirl said:

They really don't care. I have delivery instructions on my profile and I have a deck Box sitting outside my front door right under my mailbox,  which you don't even have to walk up any steps you just have to come up the driveway. The Box has a sign on it saying Amazon, UPS USPS, fedex please leave packages in the Box. I bought the Box and the sign from Amazon lol, But they still continue to leave my packages out in the open, on the ground where some porch pirate can come by and just pick them up. Some of my packages are so light weight that I've actually had to Chase them down the street on a windy day. I kinda wished they worked for tips. I bet things would change then

20221222_170128.jpg

https://promocodius.com/

There is no end to my indignation. I received a package the other day. I also have a box to the left of the door, but no, they have to put it right on the stairs. And this is before the rain. 

I received a 20TB WD hard external drive that was left outside my door, in the original 20TB WD external hard drive box. It was not inside an Amazon Shipping box. But part of that is the way WD shipped it from Amazon. But still. One guy's comment on a deals website said, for him, it was the same box but this time it was sitting in the rain.

Can't fault Amazon too much, in this case, where there really aren't very many places they could put it. I'm just lucky no one stole, as there was no Amazon box to hide its contents.

On 29/01/2022 at 06:01, Matthew S. said:

even UPS (UPS is the worst of the worst in canada)

Clearly you've never had to deal with Canada Post's Purolator Courier! Yes, CP owns 91%, effectively making it their company!

I had same issues all the time so I started using hub lockers no problems now  in any weather ...lockers are the way to go if item is to big the site will let you know.. just change your default home address to the hub of your choosing 

On 06/01/2023 at 16:46, gemgirl said:

They really don't care. I have delivery instructions on my profile and I have a deck Box sitting outside my front door right under my mailbox,  which you don't even have to walk up any steps you just have to come up the driveway. The Box has a sign on it saying Amazon, UPS USPS, fedex please leave packages in the Box. I bought the Box and the sign from Amazon lol, But they still continue to leave my packages out in the open, on the ground where some porch pirate can come by and just pick them up. Some of my packages are so light weight that I've actually had to Chase them down the street on a windy day. I kinda wished they worked for tips. I bet things would change then

20221222_170128.jpg

That's crazy that you provided the instructions with clear and big letters and still doing the wrong way... they do it in purposes.

On 10/05/2023 at 15:57, Raze said:

You can request it to be boxed, mark it as a gift.

Works for me.

Or deliver to your job... that's what I usually do and never have lost anything. 

On 12/01/2023 at 18:45, Steven P. said:

Same thing happened to my sister yesterday

image.jpeg

It was chucked in front of their front door, no-one rang the bell or knocked according to her. 

Actually I need to report it, because I was the one ordering for her.

They do it all the time... I believe its their policy at this point.