There are many great features available to you once you register at Neowin, including:

• Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the front page
  • Access to a great community, with a massive database of experience on hard & software issues, gaming and recreational activities, and more
  • Access to the Neowin IRC - you could make a friend from across the world and talk to them live
  • Access to Neowin contests & subscription offers and forums that are not open to guests/li>
  • It's simple, and FREE! · Register here

Unable to comment on certain articles.

On 27/01/2022 at 18:02, Ely said:

Unfortunately, that didn't do it for me.  I still cannot send comments regardless of the thread view.  For example, I have tried more than 20 times in different ways to comment Here to no avail. I also tried reloading the page multiple times.

It failed the first time for me, but after a regress it worked. Got to love random bugs!

Yeah started failing again for me yesterday. I just do the old start typing, ah ###### it, no ones gives an arse about opinions on the net, delete and move on.

: D 

On 28/01/2022 at 11:14, Steven P. said:

SNAG-0026.png

Happened to me too, changing the default view of comments let me add the comment.

Unfortunately that didn't seem to work for me. I will try the next time it happens again though and will report back.

Are you by chance running PfblockerNG? I had to unblock 1 domain on that before I could comment on the software section.

On 28/01/2022 at 18:31, warwagon said:

Are you by chance running PfblockerNG? I had to unblock 1 domain on that before I could comment on the software section.

Hi, 

No, I'm not using such software, I only use uBlock Origin. I also have a feeling this has probably something to do with anti-spam and security features somewhere.

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/01/2022 at 12:38, Steven P. said:

I have asked @DaveLeggand @Redmakto chime in here, as they will have to see what is causing it.

Any updates? I'm still unable to comment on any article which doesn't already have at least a comment already. 😢

I've changed something which will hopefully resolve this, could you let me know if you continue to experience this issue.

• Like 2

On 22/02/2022 at 14:08, DaveLegg said:

I've changed something which will hopefully resolve this, could you let me know if you continue to experience this issue.

Since this comment, I have not had any issues and the first attempt has been successful. The last one I did prior to your change still required me to refresh the page once to be able to comment.

On 22/02/2022 at 13:09, margrave said:

You know what you did.

Lmao, ahhh ok. I remember now 🙂

On 22/02/2022 at 15:08, DaveLegg said:

Thanks soooooo much!! I'll let  you know if it happens again. Much appreciated @DaveLegg!

PS: BTW I was just able to post on an article with no previous comments for the first time without any issues. It seems your change worked!