Email client for Windows 11

Question

I am looking for a decent email client for Windows 11, with option to see different folders on the main view/panel.

Unfortunately, Outlook cannot have two instances (shortcuts) each with different email-clients on my machine. At least I guess.

Currently, I am using Thunderbird. But for some reason the text/editor is giving me issues with white text (on white background) and alike.

I do have a valid, paid, version of Mailbird. However, I cannot find the setting to have folders being displayed onto the main panel (left side, as is in OL or Thunderbird).

I have found eM client, but this one looks a bit pricey to me.

What other alternatives are there (besides the standard, and limited, built-in Windows Mail app)?

16 answers to this question

Can't you change the text color for the editor and change your text color to black? I use thunderbird full time. Works. great. 

I liked EM Client but yeah, a bit expensive, especially when there are free options that do pretty much the same thing.

I'm certain MailBird was on offer a while ago - a lifetime licence was something like £20 - £50 but I can't remember when now (was over 6 months ago).

• Like 1

I've used Postbox for quite a few a few years now, having purchased a "lifetime" license long ago. In my opinion it is the best Windows email client you can get, and I've tried many different ones over the years. Their "lifetime" license is now $59, which is a little steep for an e-mail client, but I would still pay it today since I haven't found a better email client yet. You can also use the license on a Mac if you have one of those as well. Give the free trial a shot, maybe you will like it.

https://www.postbox-inc.com/

Edit:  Just noticed this on their site, might make the $59 cost a little easier to consider:

Are the licenses per user or per machine?

Postbox licenses are per user, so one license will cover any/all machine(s) you personally use, Mac or PC. If more than one person will be using Postbox, then additional licenses will be required.

On 10/11/2022 at 05:01, kiddingguy said:

I am looking for a decent email client for Windows 11, with option to see different folders on the main view/panel.

Unfortunately, Outlook cannot have two instances (shortcuts) each with different email-clients on my machine. At least I guess.

Currently, I am using Thunderbird. But for some reason the text/editor is giving me issues with white text (on white background) and alike.

I do have a valid, paid, version of Mailbird. However, I cannot find the setting to have folders being displayed onto the main panel (left side, as is in OL or Thunderbird).

What other alternatives are there (besides the standard, and limited, built-in Windows Mail app)?

Mozilla Thunderbird is currently the only thing out there worth using besides Outlook.

On 11/11/2022 at 15:37, RottGutt said:

I've used Postbox for quite a few a few years now, having purchased a "lifetime" license long ago. In my opinion it is the best Windows email client you can get, and I've tried many different ones over the years. Their "lifetime" license is now $59, which is a little steep for an e-mail client, but I would still pay it today since I haven't found a better email client yet. You can also use the license on a Mac if you have one of those as well. Give the free trial a shot, maybe you will like it.

https://www.postbox-inc.com/

Edit:  Just noticed this on their site, might make the $59 cost a little easier to consider:

Are the licenses per user or per machine?

Postbox licenses are per user, so one license will cover any/all machine(s) you personally use, Mac or PC. If more than one person will be using Postbox, then additional licenses will be required.

Yeah...I had a "lifetime" license that mysteriously expired.

On 11/11/2022 at 08:45, Sir Topham Hatt said:

I liked EM Client but yeah, a bit expensive, especially when there are free options that do pretty much the same thing.

I'm certain MailBird was on offer a while ago - a lifetime licence was something like £20 - £50 but I can't remember when now (was over 6 months ago).

I have a valid, lifetime, subscription to Mailbird.

However, I cannot find the setting to have the folders displayed on the main email pane!?
For organizing purposes and to drag & drop emails to specfic folders.

Any help with that could "solve" this thread and me going with Mailbird :)

image.png

On 10/11/2022 at 04:01, kiddingguy said:

With thunderbird can't you right click a folder and mark it as a favorite and then click "View / Folder / Favorite"

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do but maybe that?

On 13/11/2022 at 00:18, Warwagon said:

With thunderbird can't you right click a folder and mark it as a favorite and then click "View / Folder / Favorite"

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do but maybe that?

It took me quite a bit of time [around an evening], but I managed to have all folders uploaded onto Outlook.

Hello,

Here are some of the email clients which have been recently mentioned on Neowin:

Perhaps one of them will meet your needs?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

On 14/11/2022 at 06:27, binaryzero said:

Wtf are you trying to do? You want another folder view pane?

Yes. A folder pane. But more importantly not white text at the recipient’s end after I’m done composing [in black] and sending off an email.

Then highlight the text and set a colour? A theme isn't going to set the text colour... The default format of email is typically HTML (unless set to plain test/rich text), so without specifically setting a text colour it's going to show using the default theme settings on the recipient's end. I use dark mode in Outlook and the text is presented as white on a black background, which I'm sure 99% of the company is using the system default (black text on a white background).

Yeah, Outlook don't have an additional folder pane view.

On 14/11/2022 at 09:05, binaryzero said:

Then highlight the text and set a colour? A theme isn't going to set the text colour... The default format of email is typically HTML (unless set to plain test/rich text), so without specifically setting a text colour it's going to show using the default theme settings on the recipient's end. I use dark mode in Outlook and the text is presented as white on a black background, which I'm sure 99% of the company is using the system default (black text on a white background).

Yeah, Outlook don't have an additional folder pane view.

As stated, I would like to have this folder/tree lineup on my main (mail) view. Or something similar. To have in one overview/go the different (organizing) folders to drag & drop mail into.

I cannot find it on Mailbird. Is it there (still/already)?

This screenshot is taken from eM Client. So far, it's doing its job.

image.png