Hide your IE Explorer menubar by modify reg file.

I'd never run a reg file without a much better explanation of whats going on.

However, welcome :)

you can open the reg file in notepad/wordpad and see what it is putting where... after looking at it personally, it tosses a few hex values in an internet explorer/toolbar spot... i don't think this is a big risk for computer security...

And how do you get it back?

You can save your reg file and named "showmenubar" before you input my reg file to your reg.If you want show menubar you can input "showmenubar" into your reg and if you want hide menubar then run my reg file.

does it remove the menu in all windows?? eg internet explorer and normal windows?? or just ie??

edit: just downloaded it. how come theres 3 reg files?? {i'm a noob at regitstry editing.. :wacko: }

3rd edit: and does it remove the meu's from programs such as photoshop and flash mx? (cus i wanna use object bar) ;)

Edited by Elite_graphix

cool trick!, and how do u hide the address bar as well?

Okay, this is ridiculous. Why do you want to hide your address bar, and stop yourself being able to type in any URLs?! Anyway, to hide address bar, right click on the toolbar. and uncheck Address Bar

Okay, this is ridiculous. Why do you want to hide your address bar, and stop yourself being able to type in any URLs?! Anyway, to hide address bar, right click on the toolbar. and uncheck Address Bar

i want to remove the address bar in explorer only, not in IE. im not using IE anyway.

i know how to turn off address bar manually, right clicking on the toolbar and then uncheck the "Address". but after u used this reg tweaks, if u uncheck the address bar, the menu bar (file view tools etc) will appear again.

i want to remove the address bar in explorer only, not in IE. im not using IE anyway.

i know how to turn off address bar manually, right clicking on the toolbar and then uncheck the "Address". but after u used this reg tweaks, if u uncheck the address bar, the menu bar (file view tools etc) will appear again.

You can try my this reg file,it's can hide menubar &addressbar.good luck.

hidemenubar_addressbar.rar

• 4 weeks later...
You can save your reg file and named "showmenubar" before you input my reg file to your reg.If you want show menubar you can input "showmenubar" into your reg and if you want hide menubar then run my reg file.

thats confusing...what is what... Which one gets it back?

Explain more please...

• 2 months later...

Yes but you see now I am working on a registry hack to remove the start menu, menu bars, address bars... i even made one to remove icons and one to stop a GUI from loading!

and finally... one to remove all your files... its not a reg hack its called FORMAT.COM :p

God you guys are ****ing rude. I never understood why so many Neowins have such a problem with letting people customize their PC how they want to. If someone wants to hide the menu bar, good for them. Personally the only thing I use in the menubar is folder options, and that is even accessible through the control panel. It doesn't remove any functionality for me, thank you very much. With the address bar, I hardly ever use it in explorer, and I don't use IE, so hiding it is hardly an issue for me either.

Next time you be an ass and try to tell someone how to customize THEIR system, think first.

Nice. Now i don't have to reshack my browselc.dll anymore. I don't use this bar anyway. Everything is easiyl in reach through right click.

This comes out of the blue but is there a way to add a hotkey for making a new folder?