Hide your IE Explorer menubar by modify reg file.

You can hide every bar (menu, address, standard buttons) through registry patch.

As for resource hacking Explorer to add a new menu item to uncheck the menubar - I don't know how to do that. The way the toolbar layout is set and stored is through a registry BINARY value called ITBarLayout.

I managed to do it through error previously when trying to remove the other bars.

I've attached a zipped compressed file with two registry patches, one to install and one to uninstall. The patch will remove all four of the standard toolbars: menu, address, standard buttons and links.

I suggest before hand you use the menubar > View to change whether or not a status bar is shown before applying this patch as you will have no toolbars shown apart from the window and the title bar.

Tested them out on XP Home Edition SP2 - no problems.

Same as my previous post, you'll need to backup the registry key if you make changes other than the default (uninstall will reset to default windows layout)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser\

Enjoy.

noexplorerbars.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the file for standard buttons only. You should have no problem customising the buttons, it should display all the standard ones by default. As probably said before, you'll only get the menubar to reappear if you alter the shown toolbars. This took me a while because I had previously figured out the way the binary value works, but it appeared to be different this time around.

I think this is all three in the set, not sure anyone wants "Links folder" only. :D

I've attached a zipped compressed file with two registry patches, one to install and one to uninstall. The patch will remove all four of the standard toolbars: menu, address, standard buttons and links.

I suggest before hand you use the menubar > View to change whether or not a status bar is shown before applying this patch as you will have no toolbars shown apart from the window and the title bar.

Tested them out on XP Home Edition SP2 - no problems.

Same as my previous post, you'll need to backup the registry key if you make changes other than the default (uninstall will reset to default windows layout)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser\

Same rules apply. :)

standardbuttons.zip

• 1 month later...

I hope it'll help you...

Tested on Windows XP SP1

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser]

ITBarLayout

offset 24h = 03 hides menubar

offset 24h = 00 hides everything (menubar & buttons ...)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser]

ITBarLayout

offset 24h = 02 hides menubar

offset 24h = 00 hides everything (menubar & buttons ...)

Modify your reg can hide IE Explorer menubar(file edit....).This is my reg file,you can input it to your reg if you want.

1749574[/snapback]

The attach was missing, can you put it again?

• 3 months later...

^^ hey kornak, i have nothing at all in my ShellBrowser folder. that's bad, right :no: it might be the cause of all these problems i have been having. do you have the default reg for that? or any reg for that matter? thanks. c_l_d_j AT yahoo DOT com

• 5 months later...

I change the offset 24h from 05 (default) to 00 and my menu bar is still showing (File,Edit,View,Favorites,Tools,Help). But the address bar, and navagation buttons are gone :)

Any ideas?

(Using WinXP w/SP2 IE 6.0.2900.2180)

• 2 weeks later...

i forgot where i found this :pinch:

but a lot of people have asked about it, so i decided to post it, im not sure if this was posted before, i apologize if it was

ez installation, just double click the install.reg and to uninstall, simply click the uninstall.reg

all in the zip file.

have fun

screenie:

explorer7mh.th.png

No_explorer_bars.zip

Edited by xpy

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How do I remove everything and just have Styler Toolbar enabled?

*bump*

I want to remove the explorer menubar and just have Styler enabled. Like this:

untitled30le.jpg

I know this can be done in the Styler app, but I want to remove the menubar in the registry so I can stop Styler.exe from running.

Edited by JustinT9669

If you stop Styler, can you still get to use that toolbar?

Yes, the Styler service will still be running (StylerTB.dll), which allows the toolbar to run without the exe.

I've downloaded the file hidemenubar.rar I I've got this weird text when i Extrct it.....

PK ?u81??\* &

expmenu.reg??KK?@????]???? ?Q??"????U%?6??ϫ?1"?\̢?a?ɽ?N?|????%?TL?1?Yޘ?39???*????4-ԗ????Ze?<7q?o??〞?2u?t???P???]??? }?

??)?Au???YαN??y??6,S^?/?Wn?5??$?

;n

UGY]?͞S?L?7%v??E???j?????D\6?Mc"?jb?sCh??????~?o??)ۦ^?Ob?I?|????Ff?k???d??ْZo?6N?/???????sS?禞?M=??z>7?|n?????????~?i?PK +v81c)?? T

shlmenu.reg?X?NA????@</f?eQL<?b$>(??SIk ???jM?<?!?́ˤCmw?LMu??~@]4c?>R(??Wr}?ØL??6??u

????m????????=???????B?2?ܱ???y?1Z??J?&?k*֙?Ԟ?"???@?? ?e?wtċ?#?ƌj??????0

????'???>?UQ?G?????%Ҭ??K??9?<3=? CC?Y???j???G?䉦G?'?I've save this file as .reg and this error appears...???S??E?)?|~???Z??^??? ??8?2??~?8????*?d?U~??`aw?j?3???%>ǽ??ur???;?grf?5?????cv??2N?K??_?G????;t?????C????;t?????C????o??/PK

?u81??\* &

expmenu.regPK

+v81c)?? T

S shlmenu.regPK r

I've save this file as .reg and this error appears...

---------------------------

Registry Editor

Cannot import C:\DOCUME~1\shiend\Desktop\HIDEME~1.REG: The specified file is not a registry script.

You can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor.

OK

HELLP PLSS>.. THNX

Edited by shiend