Hide your IE Explorer menubar by modify reg file.

I hope it'll help you...

Tested on Windows XP SP1

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser]

ITBarLayout

offset 24h = 03 hides menubar

offset 24h = 00 hides everything (menubar & buttons ...)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser]

ITBarLayout

offset 24h = 02 hides menubar

offset 24h = 00 hides everything (menubar & buttons ...)

Hi all!

I hope this thread is still active, cuz I REALLY need your help...

What exactly does offset 24h mean?

I have found these registry keys (but mine are named Explorer and WebBrowser) and really NEED to remove the menubar (for professional reasons) but can't see how... :p

Help?

:cry:

24h is the address, i believe.

why not just use the files that have been uploaded? they work.

Because at work when I tried to download the zip-file archives, windows only said they were invalid or something like that, but I guess it was my corporate firewall or such since I could download them without probs at home.

And sure, a zip/rar/reg file is just excellent, it absolutely does the trick! But I also want to learn how to use the offset 24h information since not all forums/sites has such comfy reg files for download...

One of these days, I might HAVE to edit the reg manually with that information myself, and it would feel a lot more safer if I actually trusted myself with what I am doing ;)

Oops, delay that last one - THEY DON'T WORK :|

I extracted a "hidemenubar_addressbar" file which regedit does not seem to recognize, and it is full of jibberish... Can't read it :(

I really need to find out what offset 24h means since I can't use the files :(

Did you other guys have any luck extracting any .reg files?

Cheers :)

which file did you download? post the contents of the reg file (just copy and paste here).

Yeah, I need this information too. I have the same problem that Dreamz ... Someone can help us ?

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent thread. I'm glad I found you guys.

My question is whether anyone has tried to remove the menubar from Explorer (not IE) after having installed IE7.

Thanks,

VB

• 1 month later...

I need to disable the menubar completely. any help?

also i'm not able to download the files. the first one says i don't have permission. the zip files are all corrupted?

please help in this regard.

Try hitting F11 in IE. This will hide your browser in a manner similar to what happens when you hide the task bar at the bottom of your screen. hitting F11 once more will restore the previous setting.

Gazoo0

drahnier , thanks a lot for your help.

Yes. i want something like that. but just wondering if it could be acheived by using some sort of registry keys.

i tried that program. it does hide it but you can recall the menus if you memorzie the keyboard shortcuts.

Gaz00, I knew that. that's not what i was actually looking for. but thanks for your help anyway. :)

• 3 months later...

Modify your reg can hide IE Explorer menubar(file edit....).This is my reg file,you can input it to your reg if you want.

Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again.

:cry:

where can i find the one for explorer menubar ?