Terrible Samsung customer service after a failed repair of my Odyssey G9 Neo

On 20/02/2024 at 06:23, nekrosoft13 said:

apple "geniuses" are no better.

Can't say I agree or disagree with you since I don't have any evidence to support that Apple's Geniuses are better or worse. The only thing I see here is a video where a Samsung representative intentionally scratched someone's screen to get out of a warranty repair which truly makes me think twice about purchasing a Samsung product.

That being said, realistically, this is an isolated problem that shouldn't dissuade others from purchasing a Samsung product since it is likely an issue with the employee himself as opposed to Samsung's policies.

The lesson here is: make sure you have a camera recording if any technician comes into your house because you don't know what they're really up to. If you're going in for service, make sure you document the condition of your device before hand, on a Word document or something similar with supporting pictures and proof of time (document could serve as one but we often go back and edit afterwards; make a PDF).

On 26/02/2024 at 12:55, tiagosilva29 said:

I'm unsurprised by this whole ordeal.

If I was Samsung I too would try to take down Neobond!

Lol? okay 😶

• Haha 1

Feb 26 update:

More useless "customer service" the following was machine translated

image.png

image.png

(I made a typo in Dutch, the last sentence should be "Then I will try to take it up with the seller, who has not helped at all so far.")

image.png

image.png

• Sad 2

wow that's a horrible catch22, I would almost start considering lawsuit threats too if I were in your shoes. That pushing you back and forth between the groups is ridiculous.

On 26/02/2024 at 19:07, DewThePDX said:

This is definitely lawsuit time.

On 26/02/2024 at 19:15, Brandon H said:

wow that's a horrible catch22, I would almost start considering lawsuit threats too if I were in your shoes. That pushing you back and forth between the groups is ridiculous.

Yeah I am insured for legal representation of this sort, so I will definitely be starting a claim against Samsung once I have everything tied together to send to them.

They claim they are not responsible, however they accepted the registration with proof of purchase from Germany on the Samsung NL website under my Samsung account, and they accepted a repair three times with that same information that they required before considering the repair. Now that they can't furnish the part that they seemed to need for the repair, they've washed their hands of it.

• Like 3

On 26/02/2024 at 12:51, Steven P. said:

Yeah I am insured for legal representation of this sort, so I will definitely be starting a claim against Samsung once I have everything tied together to send to them.

They claim they are not responsible, however they accepted the registration with proof of purchase from Germany on the Samsung NL website under my Samsung account, and they accepted a repair three times with that same information that they required before considering the repair. Now that they can't furnish the part that they seemed to need for the repair, they've washed their hands of it.

Yup.

I figured the parent company arrangement might come with the usual corporate legal benefits package.

Comes in handy for things like this, and they usually aren't expecting it. ☺️

March 5 update:

Well I received the screen back today after demanding this just over a week ago. The driver made me unpack it so she could photograph in what state it was returned. We confirmed that it was completely undamaged, even though it has been shipped around for the last 4 months. The fact CE Repair hardly did anything at all is probably why it was in good condition. I highly doubt they even unpacked it the last time they picked it up.

I confirmed (again) that the model number and serial number still hasn't been programmed in, while Samsung and CE Repair are well aware of the issue they caused.

20240305_151147.jpg

20240305_151127.jpg

Local Dimming still cannot be set to Auto, Low or High. A power cycle resets it to Off. This has not been fixed.

However, now the screen does identify as G Sync compatible, so idk what happened there.

So, what now?

I have since bought another screen because it was a damn good deal, excuse the mess.. I have my desk pulled out because I am managing the monitor arms.

image.jpeg

Philips 49M2C8900 https://tweakers.net/aanbod/3562962/philips-49m2c8900-wit.html 

€850 (new is €1299) it is 6 months old and all of the components (cables/booklets and everything) were sealed.. it is a full refurbishment with 6 months guarantee from the (Dutch etailer) seller.

I will also register it at Philips.

I have boxed up the Samsung again and will just chase for a refund through my legal assistance insurance.

• Like 3

On 05/03/2024 at 14:33, Steven P. said:

image.jpeg

Looks nice, steven! :D

On 05/03/2024 at 15:33, Steven P. said:

March 5 update:

Well I received the screen back today after demanding this just over a week ago. The driver made me unpack it so she could photograph in what state it was returned. We confirmed that it was completely undamaged, even though it has been shipped around for the last 4 months. The fact CE Repair hardly did anything at all is probably why it was in good condition. I highly doubt they even unpacked it the last time they picked it up.

I confirmed (again) that the model number and serial number still hasn't been programmed in, while Samsung and CE Repair are well aware of the issue they caused.

20240305_151147.jpg

20240305_151127.jpg

Local Dimming still cannot be set to Auto, Low or High. A power cycle resets it to Off. This has not been fixed.

However, now the screen does identify as G Sync compatible, so idk what happened there.

So, what now?

I have since bought another screen because it was a damn good deal, excuse the mess.. I have my desk pulled out because I am managing the monitor arms.

image.jpeg

Philips 49M2C8900 https://tweakers.net/aanbod/3562962/philips-49m2c8900-wit.html 

€850 (new is €1299) it is 6 months old and all of the components (cables/booklets and everything) were sealed.. it is a full refurbishment with 6 months guarantee from the (Dutch etailer) seller.

I will also register it at Philips.

I have boxed up the Samsung again and will just chase for a refund through my legal assistance insurance.

Holy smokes! I think I would get neck pain with such a huge monitor.

Looking good though.