Terrible Samsung customer service after a failed repair of my Odyssey G9 Neo

I had a similar issue with my G9 with it constantly flickering They came out and replaced the system board and it didnt fix it, Finally after many months of back and forth it ended up being that power supply. Swapped it out and it has worked fine ever since.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 26/01/2024 at 16:54, Geoffrey B. said:

I had a similar issue with my G9 with it constantly flickering They came out and replaced the system board and it didnt fix it, Finally after many months of back and forth it ended up being that power supply. Swapped it out and it has worked fine ever since.

Yeah I am certain mine isn't a unique problem, you'd think they could narrow it down by the fault.

On 27/01/2024 at 02:54, Geoffrey B. said:

Nice. I guess that's one of the downsides with monitors that have the power supply built internally instead of having an external brick. 

@Steven P. would be funny (not really) if it was related to this as published by you guys at neowin

Have actually experienced the driver timeout so I will be updating asap. 

• Haha 1

Samsung customer service is awful.  The couple times I've needed it I pretty much just gave up.

Their support system is mostly run by other users, at least here in the US and you have to go through them first and they hand you off to an actual support person if it's available and then it's like they don't give that person any info and you have to describe everything all over again then if that person can't help you they escalate you up to someone else and then the real trouble begins.

Assuming you actually hear back from this now "tier 3" support person they make you start over again.  Then I've been disconnected from them and literally have to start this roughly 2-3 day process over again, and of course there is no ticket to resume so it's back to explaining everything.

I just stopped buying anything Samsung altogether because of support in regards to issues that likely could have been resolved in 15 min if I could have just spoken to the "tier 3" person immediately.

If I wanted to be helped by a community volunteer I'd post in the forums.  I know when my question needs actual support from a Samsung employee and I understand most people would probably skip that first step which waste Samsung time when it's an issue the forums would solve but the fact that it can take days just to have your first communication is insane and then there is no guarantee you still won't have to start over.

My last ticket was about my then new $1000 Samsung tablet which I bought day 1.  It didn't have the spen.  It took me 4 weeks to get someone to pass me to someone who could help.  I had to start over 4 times and once I had a tier 3 person tell me everything was set and I'd get an email about the ticket and my now on the way pen.. I never did and I contacted them again 3 days later, waited 4 days then was told there was no ticket and I started over.

I finally got the damn spen and I immediately sold the tablet.  Never again. 

• Sad 1

It used to be good but like most it has gone down in quality. They dont seem to realise, it does effect sales for the future.

Feb 5 update:

Machine translated from email:

Dear Sir/Madam,

We would like to inform you about your Samsung B2B TV/Monitor 49" LS49AG952NUXEN with order number xxxxxx, external reference: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Your B2B TV/Monitor 49" LS49AG952NUXEN will not be repaired, Samsung has decided to proceed to credit or possibly exchange, with RMA number 000xxxxxxxxx.
The above is (often) based on depreciation and duration of use. After crediting or exchange, the product will become the property of Samsung.

Your supplier, where you have purchased the product, will contact you soon or you can contact them yourself if desired. They will e.e.a. Continue handling with you.
CE Repair Services as a service organisation has no influence on the further processing, as this is a matter between Samsung and your supplier.

We trust to have informed you sufficiently,

With kind regards,

CE Repair Services

So it seems Samsung have decided to replace it or refund me. I haven't heard from Samsung yet.

TBH, what I would've done in the first place.. But.. /shrug

Alas some good news, took their damn time, and making end users jump through hoops per usual. Thoughts on what you'll switch to? 

If you have the cash, maybe consider

• ASUS ROG Swift PG48UQ 4K UHD 138Hz G-Sync C OLED 47.5" (there's also a cheaper 42" version of this). 
  • ASUS ROG Swift PG49WCD 5K 144Hz OLED 49" 

Gees those prices make my head spin lol

Edited by Ned Flanders

On 07/02/2024 at 03:15, Ned Flanders said:

Alas some good news, took their damn time, and making end users jump through hoops per usual. Thoughts on what you'll switch to? 

If you have the cash, maybe consider

• ASUS ROG Swift PG48UQ 4K UHD 138Hz G-Sync C OLED 47.5" (there's also a cheaper 42" version of this). 
  • ASUS ROG Swift PG49WCD 5K 144Hz OLED 49" 

Gees those prices make my head spin lol

Samsung have still not contacted me, god they are so damn terrible.

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

On 09/02/2024 at 20:03, neufuse said:

Steven, you'll love this Samsung repair:

That was hard to watch.

On 10/02/2024 at 14:40, Steven P. said:

and Amazon.

oh I had a nightmare with amazon with a fire kids tablet, it has a 2yr replace no mater what warranty, screen got broke which is covered, they claimed it couldn't be replaced because they no longer made it (it was the current year model and was on their site) then spent almost 4 hours on the phone fighting with them over it.. then the best they could do was let me buy one again and give me a discount on a case... rejected that hung up called back again... someone game the the same no longer made excuse, convinced them it was with the site url  they ordered a replacement only 30 minutes on the phone this time... replacement came it was 2 generations old not the one I had! called them back told them what happened they insisted the one i had never existed an the replacement they sent was the correct one it wasnt... it was a nightmare... eventually got to someone that told me give me the part number if it still is sold i gave them the URL they said they'd make a one time exception and send me that one for free and i could keep the "wrong" one but they'd void the warranty on both..... kinda BS because i lost 1yr of warranty... but got a replacement finally and it was the one they insisted "never existed" and "was discontinued" even though it was the 2023 model

On 10/02/2024 at 22:17, neufuse said:

oh I had a nightmare with amazon with a fire kids tablet,

Yeah oddly they are super weird about their own products. Anything else and it can be returned, refunded (sometimes they don't even require the item back) no questions asked, but start talking about an Echo device and you have to jump through hoops in order to get support, which includes having to factory resetting etc. I called them two weeks ago because after a firmware update they changed the nightmode clock color from orange to blue?? it throws off so much light now, ended up having to agree that they would pass on my concern to their techs as feedback. I did find another clockface with orange night mode, but the last two nights the numbers have stayed white :( it's a 2023 Echo 5.

I am so ready to throw it. Originally I was unable to replace my 25 year old alarm clock that broke, it had red lcd numbers and am/fm radio with battery backup!! (which is why I got an Echo, but also to see the front door Reolink PoE doorbell "works with Alexa" stream that does not work properly).

• Like 1

Samsung purposely knives customer's TV to weasel out of repair

Ultimate Betrayal of Customer Trust (Samsung Technician Cuts my TV to Void the Warranty #Scamsung)

This Samsung Cares Technician damaged my TV on purpose, in order to void the warranty, because he was too lazy to take it apart and fix it...he even looks around for cameras, but I had a hidden one, and caught all it all on video.

A few things:
-Go to 13:22 if you want to skip to the hidden camera footage.
-Go to 15:18 If you want to skip to the part where he cuts my screen.

-Reaction/Podcast channels, feel free to use this video and react to it and/or discuss it.

-While a lot of the pictures were googled, I did toss in pictures of my actual room, and other pictures from the situation.

-I have been a Samsung product user for many years, and I don't plan to stop anytime soon. They do their best to provide customer service and live up to their warranty, I have seen it first hand a few times, but usually the products last a long time and there is never a need for repair. This guy may have put me through a year of frustration, but I can't blame Samsung for that.

• Sad 1

I was about to post that...

And samsung instead of helping the customer got upset that it got posted online and demanded the video to be removed

On 11/02/2024 at 20:31, Alpha_Tay said:

Samsung purposely knives customer's TV to weasel out of repair

Ultimate Betrayal of Customer Trust (Samsung Technician Cuts my TV to Void the Warranty #Scamsung)

This Samsung Cares Technician damaged my TV on purpose, in order to void the warranty, because he was too lazy to take it apart and fix it...he even looks around for cameras, but I had a hidden one, and caught all it all on video.

A few things:
-Go to 13:22 if you want to skip to the hidden camera footage.
-Go to 15:18 If you want to skip to the part where he cuts my screen.

-Reaction/Podcast channels, feel free to use this video and react to it and/or discuss it.

-While a lot of the pictures were googled, I did toss in pictures of my actual room, and other pictures from the situation.

-I have been a Samsung product user for many years, and I don't plan to stop anytime soon. They do their best to provide customer service and live up to their warranty, I have seen it first hand a few times, but usually the products last a long time and there is never a need for repair. This guy may have put me through a year of frustration, but I can't blame Samsung for that.

If I can help it, I will NEVER buy a Samsung product again. To see an authorized technician do this is scary. While I can guarantee this is not what Samsung would teach their people to do, it just completely breaks any trust I had for them. Wow. 

• Like 1

year 2022 case from taiwan with chinese language

brand new 2 months old samsung curved monitor S34A650UXC 1000R HDR , cost around USD400+- after currency conversion (single samsung model doesnt sell worldwide) , brought from their own country official top major seller , screen self explode during turn off after working hours with both front and back CCTV footage at working place as proof, samsung warranty after multiple interaction still determine it was cost by human error and no free included warranty, repair cost almost a brand new price.

there is multiple other person report similar case at reply section.

https://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?page=1&bsn=60030&snA=612065

https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/PC_Shopping/M.1666237238.A.245.html

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid0G4st9Mrba6vUaNrp6QptSBmcMujNpmyW9hQuJ3ATjPHKaEUdDnmZRb5mrsMdN48Pl&id=162608724089621

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid02afDZ43a11zbLmVz1fUtAU1AE7vsAAS8p8Z6R2XhuZKdFwGZ4vDMbwbRyKzLR2VTdl&id=162608724089621

another case about samsung foldable smart phone

https://www.kocpc.com.tw/archives/500567

• Thanks 1

On 13/02/2024 at 21:09, suprNOVA said:

If I can help it, I will NEVER buy a Samsung product again. To see an authorized technician do this is scary. While I can guarantee this is not what Samsung would teach their people to do, it just completely breaks any trust I had for them. Wow. 

apple "geniuses" are no better.