HP CEO says customers who don't use the company's supplies are "bad investments"

On 01/02/2024 at 09:15, Steven P. said:

I found this to replace my HP Envy Photosmart 7830 https://www.123inkt.nl/Brother/Brother-laserprinters-zwart-wit-p2091097.html?288=1i15563&507=1i1&508=1i1&509=1i1

What do you guys think? I have never needed color.

I need it also for scanning and to support Wifi direct and Ethernet.

Toner appears to be a reasonable price on amazon for both brother and off-brand toner. Only thing I would keep an eye out for is according to a review I saw it does not support automatic duplex scanning so if you need to scan double sided you may need to flip it manually.

Other than that I'd say go for it if you're comfortable with the price tag.

On 01/02/2024 at 15:49, satukoro said:

Toner appears to be a reasonable price on amazon for both brother and off-brand toner. Only thing I would keep an eye out for is according to a review I saw it does not support automatic duplex scanning so if you need to scan double sided you may need to flip it manually.

Other than that I'd say go for it if you're comfortable with the price tag.

Duplex scanning are in the €350+ range, I checked. Probably because it requires a top loader cassette, which would increase the size of the printer significantly too.

The one for €202 has duplex printing at least :) 

I just checked my email again and Instant Ink turns off on Feb 12, so I will hold out until then to order a new Brother printer.

Maybe I can get €50 for my Envy Photosmart 7830 on the second hand marketplace.

• 4 weeks later...

ha...HP just announced a subscription plan "never own a printer again" ...

At HP, we've heard from some customers that setting up and managing a printer can sometimes feel like a never-ending struggle 🤮, but everyone at some point needs to print. We've all been there, desperately needing to print that crucial return label or our kids' homework – when you need it, you really need it. Well, we hear you, and we have a solution. Say goodbye to your tech troubles and hello to hassle-free printing without ever having to buy a printer or cartridge again.

Today, we are excited to introduce the HP All-in Plan – a reliable new print service you can count on to eliminate the hassle of owning a printer and running out of ink, starting at only $6.99/month.1

The HP All-In Plan is an all-inclusive, flexible and convenient service providing everything you need to print in one place. It gives busy families and small businesses what they need to get on with their day instead of wasting time managing their tech.

With the HP All-In Plan you’ll have access to:

• Choice of a new HP printer designed for your family or small business
  • Ink automatically delivered before you ever run out2
  • Continuous printer coverage with dedicated 24/7 Pro live support3
  • Next business day replacement at no additional cost so you’ll never have to worry about your printer working4
  • Option to upgrade after two years so you’ll always have the latest hardware5
  • And, you can try it risk-free for 30-days with no upfront costs6

//

https://press.hp.com/us/en/blogs/2024/hp-all-in-plan.html

The $6.99/mo with the cheap printer lets you print 20 pages/month...for $10.99 you can print 100 pages.  The most expensive plan with the more expensive printer is $35.99/mo which comes with the HP Office Jet Pro and 700 pages/mo.

...you're locked in for 2 years with a early termination fee.

Early cancellation fees will apply if you cancel after the first 30 days and during the first and second year of your Plan based on the printer you select. After the 24 month term, you may cancel anytime without a cancellation fee. Individual print services cannot be cancelled independent of canceling the All-In Plan for Print. After the 24 month term, you may continue your plan with your original printer by continuing to pay the monthly fee. You are also eligible to upgrade your printer after 24 months. If and when you upgrade, your monthly fee may change based on printer model and current prices, and the cancellation fee cycle starts anew, with the cancellation fee amount reflective of the new printer model selected by you.

Screenshot2024-03-01221235.jpg.05b784296a29ed065d0f78310459e174.jpg

yeah...nope.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1