What is the history of Neowin?

Check out https://www.neowin.net/aboutus.php

and also read http://www.big-boards.com/int.php?n=7

neobond and redmak "own" the site address but its the neowin community that truely owns neowin, because if it weren't for us, there would be no neowin

584897148[/snapback]

See this is where you have it backwards. Yes the members contribute to the site and make it what it is, but I do not think it will ever be "owned" by the members. The whole "if it wasn't for us" argument works in a lot of ways, and not just in the members benefit.

Yes but both Redmak and Voodoo created the site but only one of them could be the one to install the board and make the initial account.

584901927[/snapback]

Actually voodoo (daniel) joined the board later and because of his uber-l33tness was upgraded to an admin :D

Actually voodoo (daniel) joined the board later and because of his uber-l33tness was upgraded to an admin  :D

584903866[/snapback]

i joined the site soon after it was started. I was enlisted as the site co-ordinator shortly after and was upgraded to Administrator in 2001

i joined the site soon after it was started. I was enlisted as the site co-ordinator shortly after and was upgraded to Administrator in 2001

584904065[/snapback]

I thought you lived in the netherlands :huh: or was that neobond :dontgetit:

I thought you lived in the netherlands :huh: or was that neobond :dontgetit:

584906222[/snapback]

<-------- From: UK

Neo & Red are from Netherlands

I find it odd that why is it that any great site is produced and has like 70,000+ registered users, have about 10,000 hits at least every day, it is asked if it was created by anyone other than people from the u.k.

Plenty of sites like this were created in the u.k.

:wacko:

<-------- From: UK

Neo & Red are from Netherlands

584907556[/snapback]

You ain't much if you ain't... ;)

I am proud kinda proud my fellow dutchmen were able to produce such a masterpiece.

UK people rock too tho.

Off the top of my head I could name at least five or six straight off the bat.

You, bangbang023, Marshalus, Sietse, FlishFun, timdorr, Chad, Brian, Keldyn, Radish, lardiop, Mr magoo, etc etc etc. I am sure you know where I am going by now. :yes:

(Surprised I can still think after being up for 20 hours straight :wacko: )...