Win XP Pro

Yeah.... *grumbles* Well I don't have anything else better to do.....

Though I am still wondering how I'm going to get SP1a on disk;p

Yeah.... *grumbles* Well I don't have anything else better to do.....

Though I am still wondering how I'm going to get SP1a on disk;p

Do you have broadband?

Grrr. Yeah I'm sure I have a ton of trojans on a completely new computer.

I just fixed a computer for a friend that thought lik you do. She got the Blaster Worm with in 3 mins. of connecting to the Net. You do need the updates. If done correctly You computer will be fine. Install Windows XP (Fresh Install -Format then Install) Install AV software and ether a hardware firewall or software. Then connect to the net and get your updates. You need to get the critical updates atleast. Other wise your computer is open to the hole world. That is most likey why you are having problems now!!! If the updates are messing your computer up YOU are doing something WRONG! Windows XP updates = GOOD

Do you have an Original Microsoft XP disk or is it a restore disk from a manufiacturer?

When you are reinsatlling are you formatting the hdd during setup (Full format to check for bad sectors)

I dont think updates are ANYTHING to do with it. Theres was never a patch to stop windows deleting its own files. :no:

This is a hardware problem or your infected and not doing a complete wipe and install. Could the install CD be scratched.

It has been know for custom restore CD's to be wrong!!! I used to work for a very large PC outlet in the UK, and had to deal with this problem a few times

Does this happen if you are not connected to the internet?

I think they mean since I didn't install the updates I am wide open for trojans.... butttt I'm gonna do all this fun stuff anyways and see if it does it fact cure my problem or not.

And its the actual XP disk, not a restore disk.

and.... I am always connected to the internet;p (Cable)

unplug the internet, do a restore. If you get the problem while not being connected to the internet, then take it back! If you dont go buy some decent AV and firewall software, install this and then plug back in....ohh and then update :)

Well... yeah I did that but how do I get that onto a disk, wheres the file?

Just run the file you have downloaded.

Oh god. *shoots herself*

Is it just okay if I download and install the SP once I give my computer a clean sweep?

My CD Burning software is being a big pain in my rear.

I would like to help you reduce that pain in your rear :shifty:

<typical pimply male tech g33k talking to a girl for teh first time :laugh:>

Oh god. *shoots herself*

Is it just okay if I download and install the SP once I give my computer a clean sweep?

My CD Burning software is being a big pain in my rear.

On second thought, I should perhaps contribute something useful for once.

The SP1 install will not change any of your files or anything. It's just like installing YIM or something. It'll just take a little longer.

Its late... Turn on the SP1a install, go to bed, wake up, reboot, windowsupdate.com, go to bed, wake up, reboot. Then come back here and ask again if your computer is still screwy. If you need any more help you can IM me on AIM/Yahoo/MSN and I'll walk you through it.

And thanks for the compliment. I was hoping a girl would finally notice me because of it :cool: Chicks dig PHP.

I would like to help you reduce that pain in your rear :shifty:

<typical pimply male tech g33k talking to a girl for teh first time :laugh:>

I agree get it on CD now.

Hi Taura, just wondering if you have disabled the Desktop Cleanup Feature or not..

Though I understand that it will create a unused icon folder on the desktop, it might be moved to another location within your HDD :)

Just an idea, anyway :)

Haha at the last part.

Anyways....

I DID install the SP1a and nothing has changed. I need to do a clean sweep for sure. Though I better get to bed before I pass out *snicker*

:wub:

*Hugglies* :D

anddd Hexlord,

It is disabled.

Rawr.. and hoochie...

That's the problem, lol I can't. :cry: :cry:

You aren't online on aim >:\

Well, have you tried instaling a firewall or such? It could be you are trojanized and don't know it.

Also install the post-sp1a updates from windowsupdate.com

You aren't online on aim >:\

Am now.
Well, have you tried instaling a firewall or such? It could be you are trojanized and don't know it.
Firewall, not really but I am behind that stupid XP firewall thing. But I don't think (which you know, I don't do much of that very often) that I have a trojan considering this has happened right after installing XP.... then again as I've been told I could have gotten one.... :shrugs:

go to www.trendmicro.com and do the house call thingy there
Trend ActiveUpdate did not update sucessfully. It may result from buy server or bad network traffic.

Error code: 47

Error string: Invalid Zip File

Do you want to retry?

Tried retrying a few times, same message. :/

I did install and run Stinger, it didn't find anything. Avast didn't find anything either.

5AM though, I'll try again in the morn (afternoon) I guess before I do a clean sweep. Thanks for the help everyone. :wub: :hug:

Goodnight.