My UFO story

Well, I'm not sure if I can really call this a UFO story, but it happened last night and I'm pretty convinced and there don't seem to be any other explanations, so here it is...

Last night (19/03/2004) my friend, his brother, and his brother's girlfriend and I were driving into town from a residental area about 20 minutes away. About half way through our trip, my friend spotted a bunch of flashing lights in the sky and since we where bored and there was nothing else to say, he says "hey look at that". I looking up to see the lights myself. We where both convinced it was just a plane and my friend started talking to his brother's girlfriend. But here's the thing; the nearest airport was about half and hour away and this plane was very low (not to much higher then some near-by trees). I continued watching the craft and it slowly disappeared into nowhere; but here's another thing - it was a very clear night. No clouds, no fog or mist - and this thing just disappeared. And what's more, before it disappeared I noticed the lights seemed to be in a circle. And this craft was fairly small - no larger then a 2 seater plane - and there were atleast 10 lights on it flashing very quikly.

So, that's my story - what do you think?

I think you're crazy. By the way, thanks for scaring the crap out of me :no: . The whole alien thing scares me like nothing else, and I know that makes me sound like a bitch. Last night I was watching the history channel and a commercial for the declassification of the Roswell incident and a program on that channel about it.. I walked into the kitchen to get something to eat and came back and dropped my food on my floor and made a mess. The dog came into my room and it scared the living crap out of me.. I thought it was an alien or something. So yes, thats my story, too.

I think you're crazy. By the way, thanks for scaring the crap out of me :no: . The whole alien thing scares me like nothing else, and I know that makes me sound like a bitch. Last night I was watching the history channel and a commercial for the declassification of the Roswell incident and a program on that channel about it.. I walked into the kitchen to get something to eat and came back and dropped my food on my floor and made a mess. The dog came into my room and it scared the living crap out of me.. I thought it was an alien or something. So yes, thats my story, too.

:alien:

The whole alien thing scares me like nothing else, and I know that makes me sound like a bitch.

definately. scared s**tless when i see those things.. :shiver: think it be cool to see a UFO.. but then again it just might freak me out.. :cry:

:/ I really don't understand why sucha thing would scare anyone. I mean, you should be more glad or happy or amused to be aware of the presence of aliens/ufo's. I mean...other than it being something interesting and exciting, it opens a whole new view of the universe for us. You should be glad if they really do exist, imagine the unity amongst us humans when the existence of aliens are confirmed. Such people who are scared of these things are one of the reasons the governments' try to keep quiet about anything not yet known.

In regard to the thread: Well, lots of aircrafts have been mistaken for UFO's..no doubt it's more than 50%. But if I saw what you described to have seen, I'd be in doubt myself(not scared I presume).

:alien: i dont see why this would be scary... just interesting... if it's true, then, oh well, bring the green creepy crawlers on!

there don't seem to be any other explanations
There are always other explanations if you have the mind that wants to look at them.
not to much higher then some near-by trees.

In relation to your perspective remember. When you look across a field and see a bird flying in the distance some 2 centimeters from the horizon line, it simply isn't the case.

but here's another thing - it was a very clear night. No clouds, no fog or mist - and this thing just disappeared. And what's more, before it disappeared I noticed the lights seemed to be in a circle. And this craft was fairly small - no larger then a 2 seater plane - and there were atleast 10 lights on it flashing very quikly.
You could tell that it was fairly small, had at least ten of these "flashing lights", plus it was very very low, had very little surface-area to contain these "lights" and it was night-time. Given those snippets of information, unless the lights were so dim as to serve no logical purpose whatsoever (other than perhaps to advertise "Look at me, I'm an alien") I am struggling to see how you managed to gather such information with the naked eye. Shine just three torches in a small area in those conditions and you are going to be struggling to make numbers and shape out, let alone a hi-tech alien craft which had nothing better to do than just fly overhead for your amusement. Perhaps to meet with the "Mothership"?

So if it was dark, then the lights, we must assume, had to bright enough to serve a purpose of guidance and so had to be quite bright. Or, it was not dark and therefore the lights would not have been required in the first place, unless, of course, the lights were really trilithium crystals glowing in reaction to our carbon monoxide levels?

I think there are a hundred different reasons which could have brought this "sighting" about. You have opted to err on the one that most suits the theme of this forum and your personal beliefs.

There are always other explanations if you have the mind that wants to look at them.
Well, I'd sure like to here one if you have one.
In relation to your perspective remember. When you look across a field and see a bird flying in the distance some 2 centimeters from the horizon line, it simply isn't the case.

This thing was quite close to the trees, and was only a very short distance from the highway I was on. It definatly wasn't something in the distance that seemed closer.

I am struggling to see how you managed to gather such information with the naked eye.
Well, I was looking at this craft for about 10 seconds before it disappeared, so I managed to gather a fair bit of info in that time (I must be special, eh? :p )
So if it was dark, then the lights, we must assume, had to bright enough to serve a purpose of guidance and so had to be quite bright.

It was actually between 7:50pm and 8:00pm, so it was only dusk. The lights could have been anything; a purpose of guidence, some sort of communication system, a location system. And we don't know the actual size of aliens, they could be tiny little creatures about the size of a small mouse - so the lights could have been from cabins on the craft and aliens happen to like using different colours of light for each cabin. The lights may of been to try and make it seem to others that it was simply a normal plane - people see the lights, think "oh, a plane!" and then turn their concentration on driving. As I stated in my first post, I was a passenger and had nothing better to do but stare at this thing in the air.

And here's another peice of interesting information; I live on the NSW south coast Australia - just hours from where that other UFO was "spotted" in Melbourne.

How come you didnt pull a camera out of your ass and tape less than 1/8th second of it so scientests come come to the conclusion that bright lights mean aliens? :rolleyes:

possible police plane or a learner plane driver?, in my area we get it often.

but once i saw some dots go across the sky stop for a few mins then go up, seemed pretty dam strange could of just been me or it was real.

How come you didnt pull a camera out of your ass and tape less than 1/8th second of it so scientests come come to the conclusion that bright lights mean aliens:rolleyes:s:

Could have helped if I had a camera in the first plac:rolleyes:s::p:p

I'll take over for him....

Well, I'd sure like to here one if you have one.
Yeah, I do. You saw a regular airplane, or maybe a fighter jet, or a learner's plane, or ANY OTHER FLYING OBJECT WITH LIGHTS. It disappeared because perhaps there was a cloud that you could not see clearly, or because the pilot just decided he didnt need the lights on at the moment, or because you blinked and lost its location in the sky.
This thing was quite close to the trees, and was only a very short distance from the highway I was on. It definatly wasn't something in the distance that seemed closer.

There is NO way you can affirmatively say what altitude an object was while sitting in a moving car. Your visibility is limited, you're in movement, and even if you were outside and still, altitude is something that quite often cannot affirmatively be measured with the naked eye.

Well, I was looking at this craft for about 10 seconds before it disappeared, so I managed to gather a fair bit of info in that time (I must be special, eh? :p )
Yes, I'm sure youre so special that you saw uber kewl aliens :rolleyes:
It was actually between 7:50pm and 8:00pm, so it was only dusk. The lights could have been anything; a purpose of guidence, some sort of communication system, a location system. And we don't know the actual size of aliens, they could be tiny little creatures about the size of a small mouse - so the lights could have been from cabins on the craft and aliens happen to like using different colours of light for each cabin. The lights may of been to try and make it seem to others that it was simply a normal plane - people see the lights, think "oh, a plane!" and then turn their concentration on driving. As I stated in my first post, I was a passenger and had nothing better to do but stare at this thing in the air.

..Okay, even replying to such a mundane, idiotic point would be a waste of my time.

And here's another peice of interesting information; I live on the NSW south coast Australia - just hours from where that other UFO was "spotted" in Melbourne.

Yeah, I'm sure that sighting was real too.

In conclusion, I think you're...

a) Spewing BS

b) an attention ######

c) Crazy

d) Wishful

Have a nice day.

No need to be a ###### hellbender.

And for the people who say "why be scared?" Well if you beleive you might be if you beleive that you will be abducted or something like that.

BTW I dont beleive in aliens at all, I dont deny their existance i just highly doubt it.

Here's the reason I have, and don't try and disprove it; I get scared easily, and this is the only explanation that will disprove the existance of aliens (or, rather, abductions) that I can't disprove myself. :p :alien:

People always have these stories of the typical aliens standing around the room and scary **** like that. But here's the thing: in none of these stories do the beings have gas masks or any sort of breathing device. How the HELL could they be able to breathe our air? There's no reason they should be able to.

As for seeing a UFO, my dad has once, and my uncle has seen TONS. My uncle lives in rural Pennsylvania in some UFO hotspot and he can usually see at least a few a month from the roof of his house. Not close by things, but lights high up in the sky that are moving one direction and then suddenly change direction, making an acute angle of sorts. Not something an airplane could do.

Spooky!

wanna see something really scary? google "Marfa Lights". You'll come up with something around Marfa Texas (USA) or something like that. Apparently what they are, are lights on the horizon, moving in random directions. I've been there myself, and yes they're there. There's really no way to explain them, since there are no highways, roads or houses out in that direction. People have gone up to the lights and there's just nothing there. There have been scientists with helicopters go and look for them using coordinates given to them via radio from other scienists seeing the lights. When the helicopter got to the spot, theres nothing there. I took my 4" refelector telescope w/ me to go look and what they look like through the telescope is a ball of glowing light. Its like someone is hovering a glow-in-the-dark basketball. But the lights have been able to be seen since before the 1800s, which also eliminates cars and such.

My UFO experience:

I was in the back yard w/ my dad and we were looking up at the stars, and I saw what I though to be a satellite. I was moving in a constant direction, then made a 90 degree turn, and dissappared. A few seconds later it reappeared and then went for a few degrees of the sky, and once again vanashed.

When I was like 13 ( about 6 years ago ) I saw the space shuttle columbia re-enter orbit..... was a rather cool thing to watch.

How the HELL could they be able to breathe our air? There's no reason they should be able to.

Well, there's no reason why they shouldn't be able too - I mean, they might come from a planet very similar to ours, therefore they could breathe our air.

Or maybe their gas masks are transparent :p