Just got Contacts

I've had contacts for years now and I'll never go back to glasses unless I can't wear contacts anymore. After a while contacts can create microscopic scratches on your eyes, which can cause permanent damage. You'll be ok if you continue to get your yearly checkup. I was so happy a couple of months ago when I go my checkup and the doc said my eyes look as healthy as they were when I first got contacts. I don't wear them overnight so that probably helps my eyes stay healthy. To bad my finac? thinks I look sexier in glasses. :((

I just got conacts several weeks ago. Best advice I can give you is to keep trying different brands/types until you find a pair which feels most comfortable to you. My current contacts are very soft, almost jelly-like, and they are unbelievably comfortable to wear. The first 3 pairs were .. ugh.. not so good. Fortunately for me I purchased my first 3 months of disposable lenses from my doctor so I can walk in and request a different brand/type anytime I want without being charged. Plus, if I lose a lense he will replace them, free of charge!

I just got conacts several weeks ago.  Best advice I can give you is to keep trying different brands/types until you find a pair which feels most comfortable to you.  My current contacts are very soft, almost jelly-like, and they are unbelievably comfortable to wear.  The first 3 pairs were .. ugh.. not so good.  Fortunately for me I purchased my first 3 months of disposable lenses from my doctor so I can walk in and request a different brand/type anytime I want without being charged.  Plus, if I lose a lense he will replace them, free of charge!

The first pair I tried on I loved. I'm wearing Proclear Compatibles and have had absolutley no problems with them for years. I guess my doctor just knew exactly what I needed. He's a good doc really.

The first pair I tried on I loved. I'm wearing Proclear Compatibles and have had absolutley no problems with them for years. I guess my doctor just knew exactly what I needed. He's a good doc really.

lucky man.. my doctor has terrible breath and tries to balance 5 patients at once. (maybe he doesn't have time to brush his teeth?) :angry:

are glasses not cool anymore??? :p , im thinking of getting some glasses. Maybe down the road il eventually decide to buy the contacts or that laser shyt, in the meantime maybe in two months it'l be the first time i get glasses... ;)

i have contacts but sometimes glasses are just better. I just bought a pair of Armani for $400 :s

anyways, contacts are great, make sure u keep em clean!! they only suck when ur high and they kinda never sit in their position... but if u dont smoke then ur fine :)

been wearing contacts for years, much better glasses. :yes:

just make sure you take 'em out every night and keep 'em clean. wearing it for a month without cleaning it is not cool, you'll get an infection sooner or later. ;)

and yes, glasses is still cool, i bought a pair of silhouette recently just to make myself look more bookwormy. :D

contacts only suck when protein builds up on them...or when you have allergies...otherwise they are amazin ;)

p.s. don't sleep with them in, lol, it sucks, trust me.

I want contacts so bad. :( My aunt got some of those color testers and was allowed to bring them home so we tested them out. It was fun putting them in and taking them out. {But the whole >test< thing that was on the contact made it seem funny and blurry :p}

Just got daily disposables after 7 years of not having contacts, I'm on my weeks trial now. They dried out for me a hell of a lot at work, I had to keep putting rehydrating drops in my eyes all day. I'm sat here typing now and I can also feel them in my eyes so I'm thinking I probably haven't got the right type :/

i hate my glasses, so naturally i love contacts. but yeah they can go up in yoru eye under the lid mine have done it more than once, jsut dont flip out it will eventually come down jsut blink alot, or hold your eyes closed like when you get **** in your eye.

I've had them for almost 8 years and have had no problems whatsoever with them. Occasionally it's good to take them out for a few hours and bear with glasses, just to let your eyes breathe a little bit. And yes, they do get rolled up sometimes when your eye is dry. But it usually goes to the inside corner of my eye for some reason. I've gotten so comfortable with touching my eye that I just pull it out of the corner... heh.

I'd say to end up not looking like a geek, and not to mention the full field of view -- they're worth every penny and every ounce of effort you put into them, which isn't all that much if you have a job. ;)

I wore contacts for a couple of years, but they would dry out my eyes pretty bad, so now I'm pretty much back to glasses, only really wear contacts anymore is when I dress up. plus, it's cheaper to get a pair of glasses that should last you a couple of years, than having to buy a new box of contacts every month

contacts are awesome. i have the daily ones. Put them in in the morning and throw them away before you go to sleep. very convenient. i dont have any glasses either. i should probably get some just in case, just havent got around to it

I had contacts myself for a couple of months, but they were very bad in my case, my vision was distorted, maybe due to a eye doctor error or an error i made during my eye test, who knows. Besides, when I wake up in the morning, i rather throw on my glasses and be ready to go rather than to clean the contacts, and poke my eye 10 times trying to put them in :laugh:

Just got daily disposables after 7 years of not having contacts, I'm on my weeks trial now. They dried out for me a hell of a lot at work, I had to keep putting rehydrating drops in my eyes all day. I'm sat here typing now and I can also feel them in my eyes so I'm thinking I probably haven't got the right type :/

Your eyes get used to them, I felt the same at the beginning. Now I only feel like they're dry at the end of the day, and sometimes not until near bedtime. I went through a lot of the drops in the early days.

I've been having to wear hard contacts..they feel like putting a pick of rough glass in your eye and there really complacted to put it, you have to look at it as it goes in, but i droped one in the floor the other night and it cracked so i was able to go and get some soft ones and havent taken them out since. :D

I'm the first one in this thread to say this, but.. I hate contacts. I really do.

About two years ago my mom convinced me to switch to contacts. Back then, I had no problem with wearing glasses.. In fact, back then I couldnt imagine life without glasses. I loved my glasses. But my mom convinced me.. So what the hell, I gave them a shot. I got the Acuvue 2's.

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE. It took me forever to learn how to get the damn things in there. I'm not scared of touching my eyeballs at all, i can stick my finger in my eye without as much as a flinch. But these things are hard as hell to get in until you learn how to. Every time I would stick the contact in my eye, then pull my finger out only to see that the contact became flat on my finger. But eventually I learnt how to put them in.

I have a slight astigmatism.. Thats where your pupil isnt perfectly round, its slightly oval shaped. I suspect thats the reason why I HATE contacts: I can always feel them in my eye.. I have to rub my eye quite often since it feels like theres a god damn rock in my eye. And, once every week or so, it happens that one of my contacts becomes REALLY blurry. I guess while putting it in something dirty gets on it or something. As a result, I have to spend the whole day seeing out of one eye. Its really, really horrible.

In addition, I've gotten used to not wearing glasses now. So if I ever go outside the house with glasses on, I feel quite uncomfortable. As a result I have to keep being tortured with contacts :(

Been wearing contacts for 10 years. I'm so blind that I had to get the colored ones. Otherwise. I had to wear glassed to put my contacts in and worse, take them out. Just couldn't see the clear ones. The color can be seen on the whites of my eyes. Easy in, easy out.

I also hate contacts, I've had them two times for approximately 2 years. Never really enjoyed them over my glasses. Maybe I wasn't putting them in right or something, but they would always have a slight burn when first put in, not fun at all. I don''t like glasses either, I want laser surgery...

man contacts are da **** :laugh:

been using them for more then a year now.. it's easy.. and waaaayyyy better then glasses..

i can't live without them anymore.. now i can cheat in exams without having to turn my head to the left or right :laugh:

To all contact wears, i would say, save your nickels and do get lasik surge, it's worth every penny , i did it a yr ago, and was the very best money i ever spent