Just got Contacts

is there any advantages to the hard ones?

absolutely not. I dont think anyone in their right mind still wears those. You have to wear them a little bit at a time at first so you can build up calluses, and then they are very prone to falling out during basic activities. Soft contacts are the only way to go.

I also hate contacts, I've had them two times for approximately 2 years. Never really enjoyed them over my glasses. Maybe I wasn't putting them in right or something, but they would always have a slight burn when first put in, not fun at all. I don''t like glasses either, I want laser surgery...

The slight burn is probably from not cleaning them :yes:.

I don't want to wear contacts. I afraid of being forgotten to take it off when going to sleep or shower. It feels uncomfortable anyway.

I wear contacts and they're sweet.. Never wore glasses since.

I am switching to HydraClear though as they're supposed to be better..

Right now I am using.. Well hell I don't even know.

I keep them in for months at a time and I haven't got an infection either.

I do clean them though every week and salene in the eye helps about 3 times a day.

Word of the wise if you four wheel and don't like to wear goggles wear sunglasses...

Dirt ****ing hurts in your eyes!

Though I do kneeboard fine with them going about 30mph and hitting waves they haven't falln out yet.. even when I wiped out I just closed my eyes :devil:

I've had contacts for years now and I'll never go back to glasses unless I can't wear contacts anymore. After a while contacts can create microscopic scratches on your eyes, which can cause permanent damage. You'll be ok if you continue to get your yearly checkup. I was so happy a couple of months ago when I go my checkup and the doc said my eyes look as healthy as they were when I first got contacts. I don't wear them overnight so that probably helps my eyes stay healthy. To bad my finac? thinks I look sexier in glasses. :((

Mine does too, but I told her tough cause I like to be able to see all around instead of just in front of me.

man contacts are da ****:laugh:h:

been using them for more then a year now.. it's easy.. and waaaayyyy better then glasses..

i can't live without them anymore.. now i can cheat in exams without having to turn my head to the left or right:laugh:h:

LOL yeah I love mine because I gained my peripheral vision back...I also can save money on sunglasse:D:D

LOL yeah I love mine because I gained my peripheral vision back...I also can save money on sunglasses :D

yeah contacts are kool. But I'm looking to get PRK myself. I have to wait til my mortgage refinace comes through

The idea of sticking plastic peices in my eyes doesn't appeal to me and I find glasses are just fine. Also i've heard you can get eye cancer from them.

The slight burn is probably from not cleaning them :yes:.

Oh believe me, I cleaned them before I put them in and when i took them out, and washed my hands before. But oh well, haven't contacts for a few years so I don't care anymore.

is there any advantages to the hard ones?

I dont know..one of the Dr.s i was seeing siad they would help my eyes stop or at least slow down from getting worse...but i wouldn't go back to them when they get stuch it the corner of my eye very painful. :cry:

To all contact wears, i would say, save your nickels and do get lasik surge, it's worth every penny , i did it a yr ago, and was the very best money i ever spent

yeah i'll probally do it by the end of this year. :) byebye contacts and glasses. :D

If you get that laser eye correction stuff when your 19 years old... would your eye vision continue to get worse? My doctor told me that he expected my vision to steadily get worse until I turn 22-25.

If you get that laser eye correction stuff when your 19 years old... would your eye vision continue to get worse? My doctor told me that he expected my vision to steadily get worse until I turn 22-25.

i've consulted the doctor two months ago, he said if i do the surgery now, i won't be wearing contacts or glasses for at least another 20 years, but when i get old (40+) i might need a reading glass.

I thought soft contacts were the ones that stopped your eyes from getting worst or slowed them down

that's what i've been told years ago. that's totally bull****. i've been wearing contacts for 7 years, my eyes are getting worse every year. ok maybe i surf too much but still...

I've been wearing the regular acuvues for 5 or 6 years now...I never take them out, i sleep with them on and everything...i tried the focus night and day contacts but they didnt work for me (i think the base cuve might have been off) and they were 3x the price so screw that.

I just got a new 6-month supply (12 lenses, which will probably last me a year) for $26 at sam's club...cheaper than 1800contacts and everywhere else i could find :D

that's what i've been told years ago. that's totally bull****. i've been wearing contacts for 7 years, my eyes are getting worse every year. ok maybe i surf too much but still...

Yeah, same here :/ i have horrible eyes.