Codename: LanMatrix

Hi,

i'm coding a cool LAN game.

It will be a lil bit like The Matrix Online.

I need some guys with experience in making models and some who can make realistic textures.

I hope i will find some cool guys, who are interested to join the development.

Here a pic of Build_0002 (just one model for everybody and the map has no details ... its the work of 3 days)

post-16-1080573335.jpg

this is something im definatly willing to beta test!

i totally agree with this guy, if you ever need any beta testing done, call me up!

well i learned for about 3 weeks OpenGL.

The work of 3 days was more ... putting to together the stuff i learned.

The modells are q3 model ... this one is sarge ... its the md3 format.

The question "What engine is it?" is easy to answer : mine !

On the picture, the shadow doesn't work correctly ... i fixed that... here an screenie.

I really need beta testers to know if it runs on every system correctly ... i want the engine to be compatible with most PCs. If u wanna be a tester plz send me an email or add me to msn (xs3logic@hotmail.com) or ICQ (273756477).

The ones who already told me in this thread will receive an email with the newest build now.

Hope for reply.

I need modelers !!!

post-16-1080648146.jpg

if u want to help, but u are not a modeler or skinner...

there are a lot of other things u can do. check the website - i added a list

Someone know other good boards where i can find help ?

Looks cool, i'll test the version when I get home from college. What's the recommended hardware requirements? (I don't have a decent graphics card at the moment). I'll think of some names...

done!

This are the features i put on the page

- Server/Client connection for multiplayer

- realistic Matrix world

- Many Bots walking around in the world

- Fight system with cool matrix moves

(no bullet time, just effects which give u a feeling of slow and fast motion at the same time)

- Cars driving around

- Player can go into buildings

- High and wide jumps

- Character system with skills like speed , jump-height etc.

game looks cool but i have 2 questions, what language is the installer and the game in, and is there any reason it won't run. i have xp pro, and a pentium 4 with 512 ram...its a no go tho

I tested the game out here at school and it ran really well. (i think the guy runs to fast tho hehe :p ) but for testing its good.

the comptuter i ran it on is:

P4 2.4 Ghz

512 MB ram

Geforce4 mx440

Windows XP Pro.

Spaceman255@msn.com if you wana email me with updates and will test it out at home also.

@spark: i dunno why its not running. Is there any Error Message ? I will implement a log soon. This will help me to find the failure. The game is written in Delphi and the installer is not an installer. Its the winrar self-extractor.

@spaceman: if u have a slower pc at home, could u try it there and tell me if the man runs with the same speed? it would really help me cuz if he runs faster on faster pcs, it would be a problem for a lan game... im using a high performance counter.

I have a 1.5 Ghz AMD XP at home. with a ati 9600 SE 128 meg video card. so the card is alot better then what we have a school. but i'll test it out and let you know. i could also try and run it on my parents computer. 400 mhz P2 256 megs ram. hehe see how it runs.

I'll get back to ya :)

Hey stpark!