Half Life 2 Gone Gold?

I got the exact same email from CompUSA about my preorder. Not sure if it means something but I doubt they would start charging people otherwise...Guess we will see.

lol compUSA wants everyones money before people start to realize that the game is never going to get shipped.

I used to be a member at that forum about a year ago. I got banned, went there to check it up again today, saw that, freaked. Race234 doesnt lie, he is a trusted member...

I'm close to sure it's going through the bug-testing phase right now or is completely done.

Why?

In the latest issue of PC Gamer, they say that in the 'next issue' they'll reveal what the full version is like, as they've played it. They also have the release date stated as June 30th (I think that's it... don't quote me on it) in the release section. They should have the correct date if they went to Valve to play it.

Do any of you use Steam?

HL: CZ was available on steam for the pre-order download around 2-3 weeks before the game shipped and was available.

HL2 is not showing on steam yet, thus I would have to conclude that its not due for release in the near future.

Does anyone use common sense? Half Life 2 is one of the most highly anticipated games today. Yes, even with all the delays. There will be a ton of advertisment when the game is coming out.

LOL How can anyone compare Far Cry to Half Life 2? :rolleyes:

DX9

First person shooter

Single player + multiplayer

Moddability

High-hype games

Bump mapping

Realistic Water shading

Realistic Physics

Set in the near future

Should I go on?

Woo hoo! Finally, Half Life 2 has gone gold! Everyone is waiting in anticipation for the next installment in one of the most popular PC games EVER! Gabe Newell promises leaps and bounds!

Wait, hold... That was another hacker. Game delayed again :rolleyes:

DX9

First person shooter

Single player + multiplayer

Moddability

High-hype games

Bump mapping

Realistic Water shading

Realistic Physics

Set in the near future

Should I go on?

HL2 plot was made by a professional novelist, far cry dont...

,Mar 31 2004, 16:36] HL2 plot was made by a professional novelist, far cry dont...

*cough*War Of The Worlds in the 21st centure story rip off*cough*

*cough*Just look at the striders*cough*

*cough*They're a direct rip right down to the "heat gun"*cough*

*cough*I liked far cry because for once we aren't chasing differently coloured creatures down corridor*cough*

;)

Crap please when THEY say its gone gold none of this speculation holds any merit what so ever. We all want the game but honestly this is beyond the realm of reason at this point.

*cough*War Of The Worlds in the 21st centure story rip off*cough*

*cough*Just look at the striders*cough*

*cough*They're a direct rip right down to the "heat gun"*cough*

*cough*I liked far cry because for once we aren't chasing differently coloured creatures down corridor*cough*

;)

great, they are basing some models, what a rip off, isnt stalker based in a novel too? :rolleyes:

I think it would be very highly entertaining if HL2 was released on April Fools Day and only avaliable for the day. Nobody would buy it, thinking it was a joke, and still complain that it's not out.

NOTE: not a fan of HL... at all...